Videogame Hot takes

• Adjusted for inflation, Nintendo will not only not match 2020 sales within the next decade, they will steadily decline. 2020 will be hard to match because of Switch + Animal Crossing + COVID but they are also flooding the market with plastic shit that people are eating up...for now. Even if the world didn't open back up, by the 60th lego set and/or 30th Mario Kart live racer (Goku) and/or 10th mini console and/or 1000th lack-lustre port, people will stop buying in and these things will stop selling out. Then what? Major releases are 1 per year at best, just like the Wii U.

Now, it's Nintendo so they could certainly innovate overnight but they are so wet for themselves right now I can only see them going too far.

• @paulmci27 And here I am with my copy of Guardian Heroes still with original tallboi crystal case and instructions.

• @el-shmiablo Nice, give it a couple of years you'll be able to pay your mortgage off.

• @themarcv
    Hopefully the rumor of a Marvel Vs Capcom collection turn out to be true (X-Men COA -MvC2)

• I'm genuinely surprised Square Enix hasn't done more with Dissida as a brand, there's been 2 fighting games (one 1v1, one 3v3, both Arena style) and a smartphone game (a damn good one from what I hear), but where's like the Dissida Warrior's game, the 2.5D fighter, or hell even the GASS type game (which for some reason I feel Avengers is a precursor to) It's a unified brand that pulls on one of the strongest IPs out there and it's only had 3 entries.

Also after seeing the sales success of the new Hyrule Warriors, I think Nintendo will probably let Koei Tecmo do more Warriors games with thier IPs, or even just Smash Warriors.

• @paulmci27 That mortgage will continue to go unpaid. Never selling this badboi. Basically my favorite game of all time, occasionally switching with Super Mario RPG.

• Now that I was watching EZA's reaction to TLoUPII State of Play and heard them saying ''This wasn't part of the Summer Game Fest right?":

Summer Game Fest was such a letdown with lot of whatever streams and so few hype things. One of the few times I got excited was that awesome UE5 demo I guess.

I prefer 3 days with a lot of packed excitement than whole summer with lot of boring streams. Hope we can see the return of E3 this summer instead of this mediocre attempt.

• Johnny Silverhand is a dumb dumb dumb dumb name

• Final Fantasy XIII is a good game.

• @e_zed_eh_intern Bring it to switch so I can finally play it

• @naltmank I'll see what I can do.

• Since I was talking about this game earlier in another post I'll bring this up. The Final Fantasy 15 combat system is more fun than 7 Remakes. Warp Strike 4 life baby.

• @paulmci27 I played a fair bit of XV and loved it and the combat was great but I never really felt like I had complete control. I have yet to play Remake.

This actually leads into another take I have had for some time: I feel like Final Fantasy should decide what it wants to be in terms of gameplay. ATB has always separated it from traditional turn-based games and made for some really interesting systems like 12 and 13 but since Lightning Returns, I feel like they have gone for games that look like action games but are bogged down by trying to still include menus in combat.

Warp Strike is so sick though.

• @e_zed_eh_intern The Remake combat is great & is alot better thought out than 15. Its a great compromise between Action & Turn based. Just not a fun in my eyes.

• While I liked remakes combat i do feel it's missing a few things to make it truly great.

• @e_zed_eh_intern Completely, 100% agree. It's honestly what made me love FF again after playing a godawful one got my to swear off Final Fantasy for nearly a decade.
    Speaking of, FFX is a terrible game.

• @el-shmiablo Obviously Titus must be such a complex nuanced character it's beyond you're comprehension.

• @el-shmiablo said in Videogame Hot takes:

@e_zed_eh_intern Completely, 100% agree. It's honestly what made me love FF again after playing a godawful one got my to swear off Final Fantasy for nearly a decade.
    Speaking of, FFX is a terrible game.

FFX is perfect for a lazy gamer like me, take as much time as I want during combat, no stress.

I loved taking on the Dark Aeons and the Monster Arena
    Blitz Ball was pretty fun but goes against my lazy nature
    Biggest complain you can't skip cutscenes

I'm not a fan of hybrid combat, either make it like DMC style combat or go full turn based

My own hot take: People place too much weight on Story and Characters in Video Games (Non Visual Novels)

• The only thing I personally hate about FFX that I can remember off the top of my head is The Highwood, getting all the Ultimate Weapons, and the Macarena joke they sneaked into the English version.

• @robert7lee said in Videogame Hot takes:

My own hot take: People place too much weight on Story and Characters in Video Games (Non Visual Novels)

This got my upvote. Would have given a thousand more if I could have.