Worst Games You've Ever Played

• Aliens Colonial Marines.
    As a huuuuge Aliens fan I was hype af for a canon videogame entry to the series...
    Dear god, it was horrible.
    Horribly downgraded graphics from the previews, completely broken AI that was never fixed (but are caused by a literal typo in the game's code that takes 30 seconds to fix yourself) and all around abysmal performances from the cast.

Gearbox literally stole money from Sega for the better part of a decade to make this travesty, only to shove it off to some third party a year before release to stitch it together into somebody that was by all right not fit for consumption.

Hate

• @el-shmiablo

In 2018 I played this in its worst form (PS3, local split-screen) and had a good fucking time. It’s soooooooo bad that it’s absolutely hilarious. But good call it’s pretty much right up there with Shellshock 2 for me.

If you shoot the guns long enough they stop making noise. Also frame rate just goes down to nothing in split screen. And the graphics on PS3 are so blurry and greenish that is looks like algae is over the camera and on every object. It actually doesn’t look thaaaaaaat bad on PC tho. Idk how Gearbox didn’t get blackballed by the whole industry for this nonsense.

• Isn't it interesting that Sega didn't do anything legal to Gearbox's obvious scam.

• @bam541 Why do you hate Virginia and Ridge Racer: Unbounded so much?

• @scotty

What's the official story here? Gearbox went into a service contract with SEGA to make a Aliens game (SEGA approached GB?) and then Gearbox puttered around for a few years, used the money on other projects.

Then when they needed to hand something in for SEGA, Gearbox paid very little to outsource the entire game to a different studio, and handed in a complete shitty mess to SEGA.

And Gearbox denies the whole thing?

• @dipset Pretty much. They funded both Borderlands 1 and 2 with the money.

• Not the worst game ever but I like to shit on Xenoblade 2 as much as I can. Everything about that game is shite (except the soundtrack) Terrible characters terrible dialogue terrible map terrible combat system, game runs like shit. This game is for weebs with stained body pillows.

• @paulmci27 I really wonder what leads people to takes like that. I understand the game has some cringe stuff in it like Blushy Crushy, but I've seen way worse in Tales games and such. I guess it is just whiplash from how the first game was leading to expectations for 2 it didn't match. Has some problems sure, but there's more to love about it than people let on.

• @mbun Yeah I've no excuse I absolutely love the Tales series. What do I know anyway.

• @paulmci27 You're allowed your take. I just spent months playing XBC2 off and on with all the side story lines for the Rare Blades, beautiful Titan areas to explore, etc. Had a great time with it. Rolled my eyes probably same as you with some of the dumb parts, especially the ending that had no idea what to do, but I actually loved the game overall enough to New Game Plus it just for some of the extra Blades that adds, and it isn't a short game to do so with. I certainly don't own any body pillows, stained or otherwise. Just had fun sinking into a huge adventure of fantastical locations with a crazy diverse cast of characters due to so many different guest artists designing the majority of them.

Oh, and I don't think there's anything wrong with body pillows anyways. Honestly, I've seen more of that from female Persona fans, not to chuck another group under the bus, just every one I've met has been absolutely merchandise crazy and had everything you could imagine.

• @mbun the body pillow comment was unnecessary. I may one day give the game another go since its been patched I guess I was just so disappointed after the first game being one of my favourites. It just left a bad impression, I bought a Switch for it put 20 hours into it & nothing worked for me

• @dipset

It's really crazy.

• XB1 > XB2 >>>>>>> XCX

• @paulmci27 Basically my thoughts. After the first game was almost Xenogears levels of good, the hard turn into weebshit put me off.
    I also have no problem with Tales games doing the same thing, but I think there is the expectation that those games will have a certain level of vomit inducing skits and "humour" so it doesn't hurt as much.

• @el-shmiablo is X as bad in that regard? Was looking to jump into that now that I finally have it and, possibly, the time but I have zero patience for that shit.

• @el-shmiablo Take that back what you said about Tales.

Youtube Video

• @jdincinerator I really didn't have a great time with Virginia. The game started off pretty well but it slowly became very confusing in a not fun way, and by the end I was regretting spending my time and money with it, even though it was a short game. As for RR Unbounded: the style and vibe of the game feels too "tryhard cool" to me and it got annoying at a certain point, the destruction stuff feels so flat and unexciting, the tracks are not fun to drive through, and the driving feels kinda sluggish and not nearly as fun as the other RR games that I have played. I tried really hard to like Unbounded, but after like 6 hours I'm got real tired of playing it.

• @e_zed_eh_intern As far as I remember from X, no cringy pervy weeby shit to be found there, its story and themes are pretty serious and some side quests actually touch on delicate topics like racism and discrimination.

• Still Journey. What a sack of s**t that "game" was.

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2, aside from the music there's not a single positive I can give that game.