Confess Your Sins

• I've never finished a Zelda game.

I like Wind Waker but never finished it, I quit Twilight Princess back when, and I outright don't find BoTW very good at all. I think I'd like OoT and Majora's mask, but I've never owned them and I can't afford to spend like $100+ to buy the cartridge.

Based on what I've seen Brad play of Skyward Sword, that game looks like hot garbage. Idk but I don't have any aching desire to fill this "essential" gap in my gaming knowledge.

• I only finish like 5% of the games I start, and drop most after 2-3 hours.

• @dipset same, I have never finished a Zelda, I've gone back to a few of them mutliple ties, but always drop them along the way, same for Final Fantasy, playing through the OG FF7 right now, and I'm not sure that I'll finish it.

• @dipset Me too. I also love the Wind Waker. I promise I will once we get that Switch port

• This post is deleted!

• I think Zelda 2 is better in every way to Zelda 1. And I like it in some ways even more than Link to the Past. In fact, having played almost every Zelda game, it's actually one of my favorites.

• I lowered the difficulty in Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order to beat the last two bosses.

• @happygaming You have truly sinned my friend. You are forgiven for your errant ways.

• @el-shmiablo There's limits to forgiveness.

• I don't know if I'm more offended by bringing god into my video game talks or the number of people here who have never finished a Zelda game. I have half a mind to walk to Ontario and start knocking on doors and asking if anybody knows where I can find @DIPSET . Skyward Sword isn't terrible but definitely not the best place to start as it drags oooooooooon. Majora's Mask if my favourite but would take a life time to complete without a guide. Twilight Princess is also super long. Wind Waker is awesome but sailing can get old. Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass use the stylus for movement and combat. Link Between Worlds, Ocarina of Time or Link's Awakening would be the best place to start if you ask me. And you'd better start soon.

• @e_zed_eh_intern That actually made me laugh out loud. Sorry about Zelda.

• I owned a Switch since Pokemon Sword came out, and since then the only big Nintendo games that I have played are Pokemon (stopped playing midway through) and Zelda BOTW (somewhere around 12 hours right now). Considering I bought the Switch to get into the whole Nintendo ecosystem, this is definitely not the most ideal situation.

• @bam541 Pokemon Sword / Shield being pretty bad games isn't your fault. Hopefully Nintendo Selects happens sometime in 2021, so you can pickup a bunch of other older games for only $20 each, and that can be your big jumping point in.

• @paulmci27 said in Confess Your Sins:

Can you ever forgive me?( I feel like Tokyo Slim won't)

I mean... there's nothing to forgive. It's ok to just "not like" games everybody else likes. I don't like FromSoft games, and everybody else seems to love those. I also haven't even really started BOTW yet.

I just feel like Yakuza 0 is a really good game. :)

• @tokyoslim Same all around. It's a 'sin' of mine that I feel like every From game is too difficult obtuse and unenjoyable as a result. But I legitimately think about Yakuza 0 consistently and wish I could play it the first time again. Maybe I'll start up Kiwami 2 for Christmas. They're festive.

• @happygaming Kiwami 2 is such a treat. Might be the 2nd best in the franchise. I waffle between that and 6

• @e_zed_eh_intern

Come to think of it, I might’ve half finished Oracle of Ages multiple times. I got that game before I understood what save states are (I think).

That one might be the best one I’ve played.

• I am a fairly big Zelda fan...who has never played the oracle games.

• When it comes to sins I have more faith in Corey Taylor's Seven Deadly Sins-but my biggest gaming sin is probably greed because I want to buy all the games and play all the games, but this might be thanks to a medical condition called hydrocephalus that I have-should I really burn in hell because of a medical condition I can't help?

• In March 2017 I ditched Nier Automata, Breath of the Wild & Horizon Zero Dawn for Mass Effect Andromeda & have no regrets.