Favorite Foreign Songs

• Since playing through all the Mega Man X games recently, I've rediscovered my love for the intro song for Mega Man X6, which is an amalgamation of Moonlight and The Answer by Shoutarou Morikobu, which I'll link below:

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

They were not included in the HD collection for probable and obvious copyright reasons, though to me, they're a part of the game that was imperative to the experience of playing the game on PS1 when it came out. These are two songs that as a young kid, I found myself into in a way that was hard to explain; I didn't know the lyrics, but at the same time, I also associated the feeling and instruments with the franchise and game it was tied to. When listening to them by themselves, they're very obviously directly inspired by the feel and stylings of Linkin Park, which I've never been as into, though because of this song's association with Mega Man, I've forever held a positive tie to these tracks and its association with the property.

Are there any songs that you heard from a game that you loved that came from a country you weren't from, and may have been in a language you didn't understand?

• For context too, and to date myself, my neighbor got all the Mega Man X games as they came out on PS1. I was probably in 2nd grade when we played X6, and that feels crazy to me looking back.

• I'm not sure what my infatuation with made-up languages is, but my favorites are all that.

Here are two banging songs from Gravity Rush 1 and 2. If it sounds somewhat familiar, they are heavily based on French and I believe include some Japanese and French words too.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Also, I can't not mention Nier, so here you go.

Youtube Video

• @happygaming
    I recommend Janne Da Arc - Wild Fang from X8. It opens with the nod from classic Megaman 2 selection menu and the song is really great and very fitting for the series
    [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykhPSqnJfqs](link url)

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHZFJ2kfHko](link url)

• i'm not American so it counts.

Youtube Video