Tackle the Backlog -12 in 12 for 2021

• Hey hey people, so as we've done the idea is to propose a list of games, upcoming or from your backlog that you have not play it, you can see it as a way to order your thoughts on what you want to play, or as away to encourage yourself to play games that have fallen behind for a reason on another.

The 12 in 12 is simply the base idea of a game a month, but it is perfectly fine to go wild with the idea and do, 24, 30 52 or whatever works for you.

I personally rate the games after I finish them, but feel free to handle this however it makes sense for you and your gaming habits.

I'm personally doing 24, even though I failed to complete my list last year, but we'll see how it goes, for this year I have the following.

Bug Fables
    Disco Elysium
    Troubleshooter Abandoned Children
    Persona 5 Strikers
    Psychonauts 2
    Astral Chain
    Uatawarerumon Prelude to the Fallen
    Utawarerumono Mask of Truth
    Spiderman
    Finding Paradise
    Hypno Space Outlaw
    God of War
    Alliance Alive
    River City Girls
    Fallout New Vegas
    Anno Mutationem
    Yakuza 7
    Cosmic Star Heroine
    Afterparty
    Necrrobarista
    11-11 Memories
    Paradise Killer
    Jet Set Radio
    Final Fantasy 7

• The 12 games I would like to finish sometime this year:

• Bloodborne
    • Days Gone
    • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
    • Immortals: Fenyx Rising
    • Life Is Strange
    • Maneater
    • Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered
    • Mass Effect
    • Observer: System Redux
    • Spiritfarer
    • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
    • Yakuza: Like a Dragon

• I will NOT be dumb and put a bunch of rpgs again.

Zelda Oracle of Seasons
    Oracle of Ages
    Phantom Hourglass
    Spirit Tracks
    Minish Cap
    Link to the Past
    Sonic 3 and Knuckles
    Red Dead Redemption 2 (carryover)

• Yay, it's back! I got 10/12 last year, plus a whole lot of unlisted games, so much so that my backlog is almost empty right now!

So here goes, the lucky 12 for 2021:

• Prey
    • Return of the Obra Dinn
    • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (PS4): I've caught up with the rest of the series, now it's time to finish the Kiryu saga.
    • The Talos Principle - Road to Gehenna (PS4): Loved the main game last year, hopefully the expansion is just as fun.
    • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
    • Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (Switch): Started it a few months ago, then took a break to play other games, but I'll happily dive back in.
    • Final Fantasy IX (Switch): I played the other two in the last two years, now it's time for the final one of the PS1 trilogy.
    • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Switch): Loved the first one, so I'll make sure to play this one before our 2020 GOTY.
    • Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition (Switch): Having worked on the first game, it's about time I play the sequel.
    • Astro's Playroom (PS5): I don't have a PS5 yet, but since I pre-ordered it this game is technically in my backlog.
    • Bugsnax (PS5): Claimed via PS+, also waiting for the console to play it.
    • The Wonderful 101 (Wii U): Third time's a charm? Will I ever put this poor game out of its misery?

• I crossed off a handful of games last year, but I also bought a few more (how can you resist >50% discounts???). I'm only listing my PS4 backlog since I'm treating my Switch like a super casual device. Here's the list:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
    Strike Vector EX
    Dragon Quest XI
    Shenmue III
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
    Valkyria Chronicles 4
    Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
    Death Stranding
    Kingdom Hearts
    Nier Automata
    Dirt Rally 2.0
    Redout
    Flower
    Journey
    Gorogoa
    Mega Man 11
    Hotline Miami 2
    The Witness
    Thumper
    Hollow Knight
    Ikaruga

I would like to cross off at least 12 of these, hopefully I don't have to skip any of these games like I did with some of my games last year.

• so looking at my list from last year didn't beat a single game from it haha so i might keep this a bit looser this year.

2020 games
    -Ghost of tushima
    -Ori 2
    -Spritfarer

Classics
    -Deus ex
    -witcher 3
    -FF7 OG

at least one of
    -pathfinder :kingmaker, Xenoblade chronicles, dragon age 3,Yakuza 0 or p5 royal

the rest
    -bayonetta
    -RE 2 emake
    -hotline miami
    -shadow of the colosus
    -Dishonored 2

• Let's try this again =D

Still left from 2019:
    Dragon Quest VII
    Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
    Shenmue II
    Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
    Shadowrun (SNES)
    Ultima VII
    Luigi's Mansion 2
    Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Still left from 2020:
    Nioh
    Devil May Cry 4
    Halo 4
    Gradius Advance
    MediEvil
    Rhythm Tengoku
    Icewind Dale

12 new ones:
    Yakuza Kiwami 2
    The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind
    The Witcher
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Persona 5 Royal
    Gears of War 4
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Shining Force CD
    Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
    The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
    System Shock 2
    TimeSplitters: Future Perfect

• Halo 5
    Gears 4
    Persona 5 Royal
    Final Fantasy 7 Remake
    Halo Wars 2
    Spiderman
    Miles Morales
    Astral Chain
    BOTW
    Sackboy
    Gears 5
    Fire Emblem- literally any of them

• Finished Deus Ex Mankind Divided, and it's quite a blast! I said before on the What Are You Playing? thread that the gameplay, exploration especially, feels so rewarding, and for the most part it gets better as it goes on, with more challenging level design and scenarios to tackle, and more powers to play with. The amount of choices and secret paths that you could take in many of the areas is pretty mind-blowing at times, and it's just so fun to see that the game actually makes use of all the powers that I have. The game's weakest parts are probably when the level itself doesn't allow for much freedom (the Swiss level) or when exploration becomes a hassle (the third time you're on Prague). The main story can feel pretty awkward and unsatisfying at times, especially with the somewhat janky dialogue presentation, but it's still okay. I'm still not quite enjoying the whole Aug vs Humans thing, but that's Human Revolution's fault. At least Jensen's dialogue and VO is still as fun to see as ever. Also, there are some pretty cool side quests that actually adds to the tone palette of the story. Shoutout to the hacking and dialogue minigames, most of the times they're a welcome change of pace from the usual stuff. (8.5/10)

Strike Vector EX
    Dragon Quest XI
    Shenmue III
    Valkyria Chronicles 4
    Death Stranding
    Kingdom Hearts
    Nier Automata
    Dirt Rally 2.0
    Redout
    Flower
    Journey
    Gorogoa
    Mega Man 11
    Hotline Miami 2
    The Witness
    Thumper
    Hollow Knight
    Ikaruga

• @bam541 I love Mankind Divided so much.

• From the apocalypse(aka 2020):

Doom(2016)
    Dead Light: Director's Cut
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    Assassin's Creed(II, Brotherhood, Revelations, III)
    Metro 2033 Redux
    Katana Zero
    Tomb Raider(2013)
    Call of Duty: Black Ops
    Dying Light

For 2021

Harley Quinn's Revenge(Batman: Arkham City story DLC)
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    Spec Ops: The Line
    Mafia: Definitive Edition
    Resident Evil 3(2020)
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
    Super Meat Boy Forever
    Alan Wake
    Alan Wake's American Nightmare
    Spider-Man: Miles Morales
    God of War(2018)

Last year I did 2/15 which is really awful percentage. My goal is minimum 13/25 at the end of the year. Of course, besides these games I also have at least 10 games to look forward in the year too. :DDD Let's see how it goes...

• Finished Strike Vector EX. It's one of those games that has solid core gameplay mechanics, and not enough of everything else. Flying around feels smooth and intense, and the weapon and equipment variety is decent. The story and presentation in the campaign screams low budget, and there's nothing to care about. Blowing up stuff is fun, of course, but even then I feel like they could be more creative with the objectives. At least it doesn't overstay it's welcome (beat it in 2-3 hours). Also, I'm glad that they had the foresight to automatically add bots when nobody's joining the multiplayer matches, because nobody's playing this anymore. The bots are pretty tough, which is good. Not much else to do unfortunately, which is a shame since there's untapped potential here. (5.5/10)

Strike Vector EX
    Dragon Quest XI
    Shenmue III
    Valkyria Chronicles 4
    Death Stranding
    Kingdom Hearts
    Nier Automata
    Dirt Rally 2.0
    Redout