Tackle the Backlog -12 in 12 for 2021

• Backlog update:
    Original List: 5/12
    Added Games: 3/5

I originally planned to add more games to this list regularly but I keep forgetting to do that. So I'm leaving the list how it is going forward.

Original List

• Bloodborne
    • Days Gone
    • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
    • Immortals: Fenyx Rising
    • Life Is Strange
    • Maneater - (Dropped)
    • Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered
    • Mass Effect
    • Observer: System Redux
    • Spiritfarer
    • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
    • Yakuza: Like a Dragon

Added Games

• Concrete Genie
    • Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition
    • Death Stranding
    • Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection
    • Little Nightmares

• Axel that Divinity:OS2 standing out a bit there mate.

this holiday is looking pretty scary August onwards so i'm fearful, especially for my list .

now my original LIST...not looking good

-Ghost of tushima
    -Ori 2
    -Spritfarer
    -Deus ex
    -witcher 3
    -FF7 PS1
    -RE 2 remake
    -hotline miami
    -shadow of the colosus
    -Dishonored 2
    -bayonetta
    at least one of
    -pathfinder :kingmaker, Xenoblade chronicles, dragon age 3,Yakuza 0 or p5 royal

Playing.

Skyrim(20hours)
    Yep... basically my chill and watch podcast game right now.

Deaths door(3 hours)
    Good fun but the art and style carry this game pretty hard the combat is fun but simple same with the upgrades. Heard its short though which is good.

MASS EFFECT 3(10 hours)
    Enjoying it but... Something g about the combat is not grabbing me, I think they made it more frantic and fast paced than 2 but it just makes it feel clunker, going into the pause to use people abilities make sense in 2 since its quite a wait but the cool downs are so short it just become annoying (might turn on auto cast like I did in ME1)

GOD OF WAR(PS5 NG+ RUN)
    (5 hours) great game just getting in a replay for before 2

DISCO ELYSIUM
    (6HOURS) finally starting this with final cut great so far front of que

NIER:REPLICANT(15HOUR)
    OMG I FORGOT, put this to the side for mass effect never finished my first run which i must do, will assess the many endings then either playthrough/or youtube

On hold

dragons dogma (5 hours) why did i start this again haha.
    Ghost of tushima
    Persona 5 royal
    DRAGON AGE:INQUISITION
    CYBERPUNK 2077

Beaten

-Fallout 3(10/10)
    not backlog, but honnestly just one of my favorite games ever did a replay with tale of two wastelands installed (runs fallout 3 in new vegas' engine with it's mechanics)

i know many like new vegas more but i just love both so much, i'll see once i start up NV again if my stance changes.

-bayonetta(9/10)
    great fun enjoyed it much more that when i first played it at launch after since then become a fan of that genre, just great fun to play and bayonetta herself is amazing, can't wait to start 2 though i played 1 on pc 4k so might be a little downgrade visual wise.

-Mass effect 1 (8/10)
    wasn't on my list but totally a backlog game tried 1 year agoe and quit on one of the stupid mako missions. legendary edition made some great improvements but game lacks environmental diversity especially on side missions and combat is just kinda boring.

the final act (virmire onwards) really saves this game for me absolutely loved how the story progressed past that point and many reveals that i don't remember having beaten 2 twice back in the day.

-mass effect 2 (9.5/10)
    i like this a lot more and OMG level variety, also better and deeper conversations with the companions basically better in every way. my only minor complaints are there is quite alot of combat, it's not to bad if u pace it out buy talking on the ship between missions but yes also miss some of the RPG details they really give very little information about the weapon stats etc.

-Spiderman MILES MORALES.(6/10)
    obvious quality but just didnt grab me nearly as much as the first and because i kept playing it in 1-2 hour chunks over a couple months and got into the combat much either.

-resident evil 2 (remake) 8.5/10
    good fun as not a horror fan might do the b run but short on time.edit:3 hour speed run of leons campaign

• @nimbat1003 said in Tackle the Backlog -12 in 12 for 2021:

Axel that Divinity:OS2 standing out a bit there mate.

Haha yeah it's gonna be hard to squeeze it in at this point, HowLongToBeat puts it around 90 hours, that's not gonna happen. Next year!

I just started the Road to Gehenna expansion to Talos Principle so should be able to beat that, but by end of July onwards there will be too many exciting new games coming out for me to play old ones.

From your list I strongly recommend Ori it's amazing and not too long, than maybe Bayonetta. The rest are meaty!

Maybe prioritize finishing Mass Effect 3 since you're on a roll after the first two.

• I forgat about this.

I did finish Systel Shock 2 and Shining Force CD since my last post. System Shock was fantastic. Shining Force Cd a bit disappointing but still enjoyable.

Still left from 2019:
    Dragon Quest VII
    Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
    Shenmue II
    Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
    Shadowrun (SNES)
    Ultima VII
    Luigi's Mansion 2
    Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Still left from 2020:
    Nioh
    Devil May Cry 4
    Halo 4
    Gradius Advance
    MediEvil
    Rhythm Tengoku
    Icewind Dale

12 new ones:
    Yakuza Kiwami 2
    The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind
    The Witcher
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Persona 5 Royal
    Gears of War 4
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    > Shining Force CD
    Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
    The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
    > System Shock 2
    TimeSplitters: Future Perfect

• My list of backlog has changed significantly so I'm just gonna make a new one... Like before I'm only listing stuff on my PS4 since I consider it to be my primary console rn, my Switch is like a "refresher" to me.

Persona 5 Strikers
    Rebel Galaxy
    Shenmue III
    Bioshock
    Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
    Mafia II Definitive Edition
    Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
    The Unfinished Swan
    Sayonara Wild Hearts
    Coffee Talk
    Kingdom Hearts II (part of I.5 + II.5 ReMIX)
    Death Stranding
    Sakura Wars
    Hollow Knight
    FF VIII Remastered
    Valkyria Chronicles 4
    Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch
    Another World
    The Sexy Brutale
    Ys Origin
    Bloodstained
    Grim Fandango
    Dirt Rally 2.0
    Redout
    Flower
    Journey
    The Witness
    Thumper
    Ikaruga

I only finished 4 games from my previous list so I still have 8 games to go. It's more likely that i'll add more games instead of finishing one tbh, lol.

• @bam541 omg that list is scary!

• @phbz lol ikr, I actually feel intimidated every time I pass through the backlog folder on my PS4. I feel like I should play the shorter games first just to make this list less dense. I already progressed quite a bit in some of them, which also helps.

• Update: I'm now at 11/12, managed to finish the mammoth Divinity: Original Sin 2, that is a long-ass game!

Only The Wonderful 101 left, and as always, I doubt I'll get to it with all the good stuff coming out in the next 3 months.

• Banned

@axel Funny how back in June you said you weren't going to be able to beat DOS2.

• @el-shmiablo Yeah I was waiting for sales on other games that never came, so I actually didn't have much else to play, especially on my Switch (yes I played it on Switch, I'm a psychopath). So I made a lot of progress on my work commute.

• @Axel

nice work on DOS2 how did u like it, (i played 140hours of it in 2 weeks at launch by doing a co-op and solo playthrough at the same time. )

while i have since knocked off bayonetta see review above. havent played too many other backlog games... though i did heavily mod and beat fallout 3 which has always been one of my favourite games

ive played 15hours of pathfinder:WOTR but i have also been following a playthrough that is currently at 175 hours, so i'm shelving it till i break my leg or something.

not on my list but i plan to play RE4 for the first time for halloween and maybe throw in hotline miami /bloodborne speedrun (hurry up and give me 60fps sony)on the 31st

aside from that i'm slowly chipping my ways through dark souls 3, since ive never played the dlc and want to before elden ring.

• @nimbat1003 It was fun, I really enjoyed how the different party members stories are handled throughout, including those you don't pick, it felt pretty rewarding!

The main plot gets a bit convoluted and the lore contains soooo many terms that sometimes blend together, but there's enough exposition and repetition through the many quests, dialogs and books that you end up internalizing it all eventually.

Had to shamelessly turn the difficulty down to Easy after a few hours though because I couldn't be bothered with the combat system. I like the strategic freedom but it's also pretty finicky when it comes to aiming spells and the like, and I would have lost my patience if I lost a 30-minute battle because of that. And honestly, even on Easy it still felt decently challenging, I was far from steamrolling the game, just a lot more enjoyable.

• @axel

oh yeah even just normal is pretty hard had some parts that really took a bit of "tactics" you also cannot farm too much like other rpgs, though i did really enjoy the combat as well, i want to try a hard replay at some point,

and yeah the companions storys are the great, a unique thing i love about this game is that u can can choose a companion as your main character and play through there personal questline as well (i played sebille) it's cool seeing how differently u can take there storys vs how they do them.

i get that main plot complaint at launch especially the final chapter was very buggy so i kind of just rushed to the end as fast as i could, so alot of that is kind of a blur for me now.