Completed Games of 2021
Capnbobamous last edited by Capnbobamous
Kingdom Hearts (2/18)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (4/5)
New Pokemon Snap (5/7)
Mass Effect 1: Legendary Edition (6/10)
Forgotten City (7/31)
No More Heroes (8/18)
No More Heroes 2 (8/26)
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes (8/29)
Katamari Damacy REROLL (8/31)
No More Heroes 3 (9/12)
Dark Souls 3 (11/19)
Space Warlord Organ Trading Simulator (12/10)
Sentinel Beach last edited by Sentinel Beach
My completed games in 2021:
- Cyberpunk 2077 (2020)
- Hitman III (2021)
- Hitman (2016)*
- Hitman 2 (2018)*
- Hitman III (2021)*
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales (2020)*
- Five Dates (2020)
- The Sexy Brutale (2017)
- Watch Dogs: Legion (2020)
- Trover Saves the Universe (2019)
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales (2018)*
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon (2020)
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids (2021)
- Wreckfest (2018)
- Resident Evil 4 (2016/2005)*
- Resident Evil 4: Separate Ways (2016/2005)*
- Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don't Dry (2018)
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (2021)
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (2021)
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade - Episode Intermission (2021)
- A Plague Tale: Innocence (2019)*
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered (2019/2013)
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla: The Siege of Paris (2021)
- Hidden Through Time (2020)
- Psychonauts (2005)
- Life Is Strange: True Colors (2021)
- Deathloop (2021)
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits (2021)
- TOEM (2021)
- Lost Judgment (2021)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2021)
- Psychonauts 2 (2021)
- Heal (2020)
- Chicory: A Colorful Tale (2021)
- I Am Dead (2020)
Total: 35 games
Scotty last edited by Scotty
Monument Valley 2(Android)Great
Super Meat Boy Forever(PC)Good
God of War(PS Vita)Great
Spider-Man: Miles Morales(PS5)Good
Crash Bandicoot(PS5 via backwards compatibility)Average
Resident Evil 2(2019)[Leon 1st Run](PS5 via backwards compatibility)Awesome
Resident Evil 7(PS5 via backwards compatibility)Good
Ori and the Will of the Wisps(PC)Good
Death's Door(PC via gamepad)Good
Not A Hero(Resident Evil 7 story DLC)(PS5 via backwards compatibility)Good
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons(PS5 via backwards compatibility)Average
I am going to use a new evaluating system from now on to finalize where a game sits in my chart. Here is what it means:
Difference between Great and Awesome is that Awesome also means Great but these games have a special place in my heart too.
bam541 last edited by bam541
I also made a version of this list on my GGapp account here.
- Bastion. Hammer and dual pistols hype.
- Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Another clank?
- Watch Dogs 2 (Replay). Dedsec have given you the truth.
- Strike Vector EX. No loyalty.
- Gorogoa. Don't shackle yourself with grandiose obsessions.
- TOHU. Not the food, the game!
- Hitman III. The past is dead.
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Final Mix. There is a light in every heart.
- AER: Memories of Old. The dreams of man are often dangerous, and must not be realized.
- 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand. They don't realize that 50 Cent's bulletproof!
- Olija. I dreamt of a red flower beneath the ocean.
- Ico. Yorda Fan Club.
- Rain/Lost in the Rain. The raindrops, the raindrops...
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst. I'm gonna run.
Medical school returns... with a vengeance!
- Speed Limit. Boring commute?
- Sable's Grimoire. Dragon harem.
- Medal of Honor (2010). Military folk do dumb stuff.
- Carto. The little cartographer that could.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. CIA stuff, pew pew pew.
- Demon's Souls. Kneel before Bluepoint!
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Harlem's very own Spider-Man.
- Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island Expansion. Masterpiece!
- Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery. I'll keep painting, and I'll never forget.
- Sayonara Wild Hearts. Let's pop!
- Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse. Sypha best girl.
- JETT: The Far Shore. Adapt and persevere.
- Deathloop. Loop's closed.
- Gleylancer. 90s anime vibes are unmatched.
- Metal Gear Solid. No love scenes!
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits. Our time here is over.
- Astro's Playroom. PlayStation's latest cutesy mascot.
- Nostalgic Train. Every one of you are cursed.
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. La-li-lu-le-lo.
- Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies.. It's changing everything again.
DemonPirate last edited by
Snagging a spot.
DIPSET last edited by DIPSET
January - 1
- Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)
February - 2
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps (PC)
- Resident Evil 4 (PS4)
- Astro Bot's Playroom (PS5)
March - 1
- Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered (PS5)
April - N/A
May - 3
- Resident Evil 5 (PS4)
- Resident Evil Village (PS5)
- It Takes Two (PS5)
TOTAL - 8
Axel last edited by Axel
I smashed my record in 2020 with 47 games, probably won't reach that this year but let's go!
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
- Return of the Obra Dinn
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
- Little Nightmares II
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
- Astro's Playroom
- Xenoblade Chronicles - Future Connected
- Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
- Wario Land 4
- It Takes Two
- Mario Kart: Super Circuit
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Final Fantasy IX
- Resident Evil Village
- Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- New Pokémon Snap
- Final Fantasy VII Remake - Episode INTERmission
- The Talos Principle - Road to Gehenna
- Doki Doki Literature Club!
- Oddworld: Soulstorm
- Cadence of Hyrule - Symphony of the Mask
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition
- The Great Ace Attorney: Adventures
- Metroid Dread
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits
- Pokémon Sword
Hazz3r last edited by Hazz3r
Annual reminder that howlongtobeat.com has a great backlog management system.
My precious spot for my list.
20th January 2021 - Cyberpunk 2077
23rd January 2021 - Hitman 3
14th February 2021 - Bowser’s Fury
23rd February 2021 - Assassin's Creed: Origins
1st March 2021 - Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
7th March 2021 - Star Wars: The Old Republic (Sith Warrior Class Story)
12th March 2021 - Back to the Future: The Game
13th March 2021 - Batman: Arkham Asylum
14th March 2021 - Super Mario 3D World
27th March 2021 - Before I Forget
30th March 2021 - It Takes Two
1st April 2021 - Monster Hunter Rise
11th April 2021 - ABZU
24th April 2021 - Before Your Eyes
1st June 2021 - Skate 3
7th June 2021 - Mass Effect 1 (Legendary Edition)
25th July 2021 - Burnout Paradise Remastered
31st July 2021 - Dead Space
23rd September 2021 - Life is Strange: Before the Storm
28th October 2021 - Assassin's Creed Odyssey
9th November 2021 - Unpacking
6th December 2021 - Dark Souls III
ffff0 last edited by ffff0
January - 11 + 1 replay + 1 DLC
Marvel's Avengers (PC) - As a single player experience it's a fun game with great production values. Yes, it’s short and a bit repetitive, but there's no grind.
Marvel's Avengers: Taking Aim DLC (PC) - More of the same.
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (PS5) - I can't remember so many complex names, so all characters blend together. Overall plot is fascinating, but it’s just a fraction of the puzzle. Fascinating mess.
Tetris Effect: Connected (PC VR) - Nice.
Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, replay) - Still amazing.
Haven (PC) - Very relaxing and endearing. Have some sound stuttering, but it's not a deal breaker.
Immortals Fenyx Rising (PC) - Before upgrades traversal is frustrating. After upgrades puzzles are trivial.
Hades (PC) - Great art style, but lack of checkpoints wastes too much time.
The Pedestrian (PC) - A bit short and a bit easy, but wonderful.
Paradise Killer (PC) - Feels like early prototype of a game.
Desperados III (PC) - Good.
Maneater (PS5) - Controls could be better.
Bugsnax (PS5) - Couldn’t care less.
February - 7 + 1 DLC
PHOGS! (Xbox Series X) - Not fun in a bad way.
XCOM: Chimera Squad (PC) - Decent.
Injustice 2 (Xbox Series X) - Fun story, great production values.
Gears 5 Hivebusters DLC (Xbox Series X) - Decent, but glitchy.
The Medium (PC) - I liked it. Wonder what causes periodic framerate drops to 4 fps.
Donut County (PC) - Entertaining.
Manifold Garden (PC) - Good.
What the Golf? (PC) - Insanely creative.
March - 2 + 1 DLC
Blind Drive (PC) - Cool idea.
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5) - Good production values, but mediocre gameplay. Not enough content for such price.
Marvel's Avengers: Future Imperfect DLC (PC) - More of the same.
April - 3
Outriders (Xbox Series X) - Ending's revelations are a bit too long, but it's a good game.
Maquette (PS5) - Needs more development & playtesting.
Command & Conquer Remastered Collection (PC) - Doesn't hold up.
May - 6 + 2 replays + 1 DLC
Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, replay) - This time I also found all hidden gems. It was worth it.
Titanfall 2 (PC, replay) - Gets in tit own way.
Destroy All Humans! (PC) - Almost decent.
3 out of 10: Season Two (PC) - I've enjoyed it.
AI: The Somnium Files (PC) - Creators need to visit sexologist - they clearly have problems. The game has something, but it's far from Zero Escape greatness.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids DLC (PC) - More of the same. Good.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS5) - I don't get all praises. Low-res locations look the same, combat is too easy on easy and too long on normal, sound mixing is terrible (music has to be half-muted to hear dialogs), story and characters feel average.
Fate of Kai (PC) - Nice, but too short.
Portal Reloaded (PC) - Very good for fan mod.
June - 3
The Last Campfire (PC) - Good.
Hitman 3 (PC) - Surprisingly good story. Fun game.
Mass Effect (Legendary Edition) (PC) - Great lore, dated game.
July - 3
Mass Effect 2 (Legendary Edition) (PC) - Doesn't hold up - removing Mako made all gameplay similar, characters doesn't talk and react during missions, story is the lest consequential, planet scan sucks, no weapon stats and imported codex is marked as unread.
Mass Effect 3 (Legendary Edition) (PC) - Such huge leap forward over 2. Every side quest feels important (except gathering quests on citadel - there are too many of them), story is at its best and characters have a lot to say to you and to each other. Unfortunately, only extended finale here, which completely ruins perfect magic of the original.
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince (PC) - Decent.
August - 4 + 2 DLC
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: The Siege of Paris DLC (PC) - Good.
Last Stop (PC) - Interesting.
Marvel’s Avengers: War For Wakanda DLC (PC) - More of the same.
Twelve Minutes (PC) - Hard to find what else you need to do.
Omno (PC) - Relaxing experience.
Psychonauts (PC) - Creative, but strangely forgettable. Controls aren't great.
September - 5 + 6 replay
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5) - Overhyped. Looks good and load fast, but nothing groundbreaking. Gameplay is decent, but not that memorable. Story is whatever. Even with renting it costs way more than it worth. Unless PlayStation Game Pass arrives soon, I'll lose all interest in Sony's products.
Psychonauts 2 (PC) - Even more creative than 1, but also didn't grab me.
Don't Touch this Button! (PC) - Simple, but nice.
Halo: Combat Evolved (PC, replay) - Terrible level design, whatever story and combat. I'm surprised this game gave birth to a series.
Halo 2 (PC, replay) - Better, but levels are too long. Story is confusing, combat isn't fun
Halo 3 (PC, replay) - Same as Halo 2.
Halo 3: ODST (PC, replay) - So, making worse Halo game than 1 is possible...
Halo: Reach (PC) - The most interesting Halo game so far, but the bar was low.
Halo 4 (PC, replay) - This one is actually a good game.
Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox Series X, replay) - Back to whatever...
Night Book (PC) - A bit more variations would be nice, but it's worth its price.
October - 6 + 1 incomplete
Persona 5 Strikers (PC) - I expected cheap spin-off. I was wrong, this is a true Persona 5 sequel.
A Juggler's Tale (PC) - Nice visuals and environments, strange storytelling, simplistic gameplay.
NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 (PC) - Mediocre game that somehow feels better than it is.
Back 4 Blood (PC) - Barely fun, instantly forgettable.
Metroid Dread (Switch, incomplete) - Decided to quit after reaching final boss. It's insanely hard - every boss battle comes down to good attack RNG. And everything else is just boring.
Resident Evil 3 (PC) - Fun.
Deathloop (PC) - Weird performance issues, but I've enjoyed this game. Being invaded feels great.
November - 7
Resident Evil Village (PC) - Significant step down from 3: becomes boring way before the end, lackluster story, weapon progression punishes you for upgrading guns. But good sound and gallery.
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope (PC) - Tense.
Forza Horizon 5 (Xbox Series X) - Solid game.
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (PC) - GOTY so far.
DARQ: Complete Edition (PC) - Interesting.
Unpacking (PC) - Fine.
Life is Strange: True Colors (PC) - Nice visuals. But too many choices are fake and force you the only path, which makes nearly impossible to connect to the characters.
December - 6 + 5 DLC
Far Cry 6 (PC) - Decent.
Far Cry 6 - Vaas: Insanity DLC (PC) - Too difficult.
Watch Dogs: Legion - Bloodline DLC (PC) - Decent.
Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Those Who Are Treasured DLC (PC) - Such a wonderful gift.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla - A Fated Encounter DLC (PC) - Decent.
Assassin's Creed: Valhalla - Discovery Tour: Viking Age DLC (PC) - Interesting.
Halo Infinite (Xbox Series X) - Not fun.
Lost Judgment (Xbox Series X) - Interesting plot is buried in bad script (poor pacing, too many coincidences, caricature characters). Side quests lack VO and you are forced to do some of this low-production filler.
The Gunk (Xbox Series X) - Not bad.
Little Nightmares II (PC) - Good puzzles and production values, but not impressive overall.
Hourglass (PC) - Clever puzzle game.
Overall - 63 + 9 replays + 11 DLC + 1 incomplete
iboshow last edited by iboshow
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Exist 2 Inspire last edited by Exist 2 Inspire
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint
- Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- The Prophecy of the Throne
- Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
- Return of the Obra Dinn
- Tales from the Borderlands
- Trials of Mana (Remake)
- Persona 5 Strikers
- Marvel's Avengers
- Fallout 4
- Persona 4 Golden
- Mass Effect (Legendary Edition)
- Mass Effect 2 (Legendary Edition)
- Mass Effect 3 (Legendary Edition)
- Astro's Playroom
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Demon's Souls (PS5)
- Dark Souls III
- Alba: A Wildlife Adventure
- Twin Mirror
- Borderlands 3
- The Forgotten City
- Scarlet Nexus
- Castlevania - Harmony of Dissonance
- Far Cry 6
- Tales of Arise
- Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow
- Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
- Grand Theft Auto III (DE)
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (DE)
- Fallout 3
- Growing Up
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Brandon_Reister last edited by Brandon_Reister
- Cyberpunk 2077 - Jan 1st
- Crying Suns - Jan 18th
- Children of Morta - Feb 13th
- Project Warlock - Feb 15th
- For the King - Feb 23rd
- Valfaris - Feb 27th
- Iris and the Giant - Mar 1st
- Dead Cells - Mar 8th
- Loop Hero - Mar 24th
- Valkyria Chronicles 4 - Apr 7th
- Tetris Effect Connected - Apr 13th
- Donut County - Apr 30th
- Phoenix Point - May 14th
- Monster Train - May 25th
- Prey (2017) - May 30th
- Doom Eternal - Jun 7th
- Green Hell - Jun 25th
- Nioh 2 - Jul 9th
- Griftlands - Jul 19th
- Far Cry 5 - Jul 23rd
- Mothergunship - Aug 3rd
- Jurassic World Evolution - Aug 16th
- Nowhere Prophet - Aug 19th
- Superliminal - Aug 20th
- Void Bastards - Aug 24th
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Aug 31st
- As Far As The Eye - Sep 27th
- Black Mesa - Oct 6th
- Star Wars: Squadrons - Oct 27th
- Unpacking - Nov 3rd
- Back 4 Blood - Nov 13th
- The RiftBreaker - Nov 20th
- Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire - Nov 25th
- Crown Trick - Nov 26th
- Katamari Damacy Rerolled - Nov 29th
- Archvale - Dec 9th
- Boyfriend Dungeon - Dec 10th
- Star Wars: Jedi: Fallen Order - Dec 17th
MiserablePerson last edited by MiserablePerson
2021 Total - 11
January - 1
16th - Call of the Sea
March - 1
22nd - Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
April - 2
11th - Star Wars: Squadrons
13th - Genesis Noir
May - 1
16th - Resident Evil Village
July - 1
18th - Mario Golf: Super Rush
August - 1
8th - Psychonauts
October - 1
8th - art of rally
December - 3
5th - Death's Door
19th - Halo Infinite
30th - Forza Horizon 5
JDINCINERATOR last edited by
@ffff0 What's wrong with Bugsnax?
January - 3
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Demon's Souls
Total Games: 3
ffff0 last edited by
@jdincinerator My answer will be complicated, so bear with me.
I can get different things from playing a game. If it’s good, I’m having a great time. If game has problems, I began to appreciate good games more (instead of taking them for granted). If game is so bad, that playing it is a waste of time, I can at least use that experience to adjust my time management. Bugsnax is neither of those – it’s a game I got nothing from. I have no emotions about it, I have no thoughts about it, I can’t even say that playing this game was a mistake. I simply don’t care.
If that answers you question, great. If not, then I’m sorry, I can’t elaborate, because I don’t have any “information” about this game to form more informative opinion.
Phbz last edited by Phbz
Gears of War - Judgement
Tell Me Why
Super Mario 3D World
Yes, Your Grace
Rain on your Parade
Resident Evil 7
The Wolf Among Us
Alice Madness Returns
The Wild at Heart
Men of Medan
Evil Within 2
Dishonored-Death of the Outsider
SoT-A Pirate's Life
Art of Rally
The Artful Escape
The Forgotten City
The Procession to Calvary
Alan Wake: American Nightmare
Tearju Engi last edited by Tearju Engi
Wonderful 101 Remastered
Street Fighter II
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Resident Evil Remake HD remaster
Tomb Raider [reboot]
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 2 [(2019)Leon A, Claire B]
Resident Evil 3 
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Marvel's Spider-Man remastered +DLCs
The Great Ace Attourney - Adventures
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
It Takes Two
The Great Ace Attourney 2 - Resolve
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Tales of Arise
JDINCINERATOR last edited by
@ffff0 I understand, Bugsnax just didn't speak to you in any way. I was just surprised about that because generally Bugsnax is quite well enjoyed by many. I think we all have a game or a few games that we don't care the slightest about and it's completely understandable.
Mbun last edited by
@jdincinerator As someone who loved Octodad and was looking forward to Bugsnax before launch, it also super didn't leave me with positive vibes. I was happy to be done with that game and move on when it was over. The mechanics were interesting at first, but they became repetitive by the end. The story went predictably, exactly where it was hinted to go from all the trailers, so it ended up being kind of boring as result. While I appreciate what they did with the characters, it interrupted the otherwise jolly flow of the game. I get being into it if you feed on drama like Beffica, but through most of the game it just felt like watching friends fighting while being stuck in the room.
I know they teased a sequel at the end, but I kind of hope they do something else instead.