Games That You Wish Were Better

• You're right about Luna & Ravus shame we never got that DLC even though it should have been included in the main game.

• @paulmci27
    Isn't there a book that covers all the scrapped DLC? Forward onto Dawn or something like that?

• @dmcmaster I never knew that came out. Better than nothing I guess. I must look into that to see if it was any good.

• @paulmci27
    Double checked it was meant to be just a expanded Epilogue to a new ending added in the DLC, before just adding the story content of the DLC into

• So I'm actively replaying FF15 and I completely forgot about the random "Several Days Later" after your encounter with Titan and after you get the Regalia back

• Gravity Rush 2, game has garbage mission and game design, but the vibes and feeling are spot on, was a shame that playing it was so boring that I had to drop it, the writting was also very poor but I could have looked past it if the game were fun, but it isnt.

• @bard91 Oh man, so spot on.
    The was a game I turned on just to fly around it because it was so beautiful to look at and cozy to be in.
    Then we lost power one night while I was playing and lost about 3 hours of progress and haven't played again. Fuck that.

• God, so many. So many western developed games started a steady decline in quality during the latter parts of the 2000's and beyond.

Deus Ex HR was a big disappointment as was Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Bioshock and many more.

These games should have been better, it's more than just a wish.

• @sheria said in Games That You Wish Were Better:

God, so many. So many western developed games started a steady decline in quality during the latter parts of the 2000's and beyond.

Deus Ex HR was a big disappointment as was Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Bioshock and many more.

These games should have been better, it's more than just a wish.

lol after 10 years still think Deus Ex HR was disappointing sher. on other hand I beleive MD was disappointment.

especially compare to crap like cyberpunk, you will see Deus Ex HR offer everything better.

anyways I go with Cyberpunk as it could be lot better if it was not open world game.

• I know it's a controversial opinion, but I really just don't like Final Fantasy XII very much. I try to get into it very couple of years (most recently about a week ago), and I just wish everything was better. I wish Vaan was a more compelling character. I wish combat was more fun. I wish the plot was better explained so I don't feel like an idiot for not knowing what's going on.

I know someone will feel the opposite on all those points, and feel combat is exceptional and freeing, and the plot is deep and makes you look closely at politics. But I just don't share in the sentiment. I just really want to love it as a Final Fantasy fan.

• @happygaming I don't think that's too controversial. I hated FFXII for the longest time after it came out, but something was nagging me in the back of my head to give it another shot. Played The Zodiac Age a couple years ago when it came out on Switch and absolutely loved it. It's in my top 5 FF games for sure. Adore the soundtrack, too. To each their own, though!

Youtube Video

• @naltmank
    Zodiaca Age released last year on Switch....at least I think it did

• @dmcmaster lmao you're right it was 2019 time is meaningless

• @naltmank
    That it is, hell when I did my little podcast thing last week I completely forgot Ghost of Tsushima came out last year.

• Obvious one but Dark Souls II

I actually sorta liked it, wounds and all, back in 2014, but I hit a point where I realized I just like the mechanics of Dark Souls but that can only carry me for so long.

Some levels had no thought. And I mean no thought whatsoever. I'm not trying to be snarky video game fan #348745 here. I really mean it—some levels were slapped together like words on paper the night before the essay is due. We're talking doorways to nowhere, aimless empty buildings, just pure grouty ugly eye hurting textures.

Look at this caca poo poo:

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

I've heard the PS4 version is better and I recently got it on sale so I'm going to give it a try, but it'll take a lot of tweaking to fix the bad levels in this game. I at least hope the disgusting textures and bad lighting are fixed. Ultimately, I'm in no rush to try it, but at least they tried to redeem themselves with the PS4 Scholar of the First Sin release.