bam541 last edited by bam541
Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and let yourself be carried away into Season, an atmospheric adventure bicycle road trip game. Explore a new world for the first time.
Collect artifacts and memories before a mysterious cataclysm washes everything away…
A few more details from this interview with IGN with Kevin Sullivan (creative director):
- About the gameplay: "Everything you're doing has a heightened attention in the way of, like, a Journey, but it's not that linear, or that strict. It's not a AAA open world game and it's also not a corridor art game. It's in between." He also said it won't be a walking simulator. It should be noted that the devs' previous game is a battle royale game, so they clearly have more experience in making more active games.
- He has been working on this game since 2016. At this point in the game's development, many of the game's ideas are still being finessed and worked out.
- The goal of the game is to learn about, discover, and document/record things that you'll find in your journey, and each thing's documentation process requires using different gameplay mechanics.
- The game is inspired from Kevin's travel to Asia, "being a stranger in a strange land and trying to understand and do something there." Also inspired by climate change fears. He refers to this game as a pre-apocalyptic game.
- The article pointed out that it might be a "narrative roguelike" game, where you only can piece together the game's whole story in multiple runs, which sounds so cool.
I was already blown away when I saw the trailer, and this interview just fills me with more excitement. The game sounds really cool, and Kevin's passion is quite well communicated. It sounds like it wont be finished until quite some time though. Take your time.