1. FFVII Remake
    2. The Pathless
    3. Mafia Definitive Edition
    4. Cloudpunk
    5. THPS 1+2
    6. Dreams
    7. Genshin Impact
    8. When The Past Was Around

I keep switching GoT and TLOU Part II's places, ranking those two games gives me an headache so I'm not gonna do it for now.

• @phbz said in Our Top 10 games of 2020:

Kentucky Route Zero TV Edition

I've wanted to play that for a long time now, I think it being digital only has been the biggest put off since the final part finally dropped.

Is it maybe time to bite the bullet? It's still on sale.

• @sheria said in Our Top 10 games of 2020:

@phbz said in Our Top 10 games of 2020:

I've wanted to play that for a long time now, I think it being digital only has been the biggest put off since the final part finally dropped.

Did you tried Doom Eternal yet my friend? play it if not. Its masterpiece.

• @sheria was trying to get the Switch physical edition from iam8bit but ended up losing my chance.

• I definitely need more time. I think my GOTY is solidified, but slot 2-4 is still up for grabs. As I continue through Ori and the Will of the Wisps, I get these conflicting feelings of whether its so hot n fresh in my mind that I'm over-celebrating it, or whether it truly is one of the best if not the best 2D Metroidvania I've ever played.

Haven't even played 10 new games in 2020 so I couldn't make a top 10 yet. I intend on finishing Ori and maybe one more 2020 game like Call of the Sea / Minecraft Dungeons before I can make a more informed decision for the inevitable GOTY thread.

I'm gonna save my list for then.

• @dipset The only thing I think holds Ori back is that the world isn't as rewarding to explore - to me - as it could be. But it's GOAT material.

• Will come back and finish the list but top spot goes to Tony Hawk. Legit probably my most played game last year, which was probably helped by the fact I was working constant overtime since like March and didn't really have time to spend on some bigger titles till my weekends (such as Ghost of Tsushima) it was something I could play a single session of a stage or two before heading off to work, and could do the same after work. And I'll say this now I'll double dip on Switch version just to have it on the go (and maybe play a bit on my lunch breaks)

• @dmcmaster Honestly the classic THPS games' format fits so well for a portable console. Try a couple of classic levels, or just mess around in free skate. I'm sure the Switch could handle that game.

• I don't think I actually finished 10 games from last year last year. I'm still playing catch up and waited on others to play on PS5 after the performance boosts.

What I did play though, here's what I've got in no particular order from what I remember:

Persona 5 Royal - (haven't finished it, but played original four times so and it's one of my favorite games of all time so...?)

Final Fantasy VII Remake - Exactly what I hoped for here; it's different enough to differentiate itself and stand out from the original while feeling almost completely different in key ways

Tony Hawk 1+2 HD - I didn't remember being so bad at these games, but I loved returning to them. Most of the time I played, I was just muttering "sorry Tony" everytime I fell off my board or botched a trick

Crash Bandicoot 4 - I knocked the game a bunch in my review, but I genuinely did enjoy it despite my harsh criticism. I give harsh words because I love the franchise, and there were really awesome levels here.

Last of Us Part II - Again I haven't finished this one. Coming from the area and playing a game where everyone dies from a pandemic and many of the survivors being super politically charged violent Nazi people suddenly made the game too real too soon.

Animal Crossing New Horizons - I didn't spend a lot of time with this one. I adore New Leaf, but the introduction of crafting really made it less fun for me, and too much micromanaging. I still love the characters and charm and all that, but just too much extra economy with materials I needed to keep track of.

Huntdown- I enjoyed this a ton with special thanks to Don. While there a little too many on the nose quotes pulled from movies and references, I love how the game plays and feels, especially the boss fights. As a perfectionist there was definitely that sense of needing to restart to learn the level the best way and get all the briefcases before going on, and so I'd restart a ton! But I loved it all, and love how each character plays a little different. If only it had online multiplayer I could play with my brothers.

Doom Eternal - Again, haven't finished it, but blasting demons in the face to metal music and the added strategy of having to kill guys in different ways to recover armor, health, ammo, etc, is exhilerating. I also love the more open levels with the map. It encourages a little bit of exploration, but not enough to get lost. So you can search for secrets that tie into upgrades for further levels if you want, or plow straight though.

Neversong - Another I reviewed. I really admire when developers of Flash games end up going on to make other things, and this one didn't disappoint. It's short enough to not be obtrusive, and could use a little more mechanically, but is always a fun time just to see where things go and talk to interesting characters.

Ikenfell - My most recent review. I really enjoyed this one, less because it's an awesome, retro-style RPG, and more because of what it represents and teaches about characters and inclusivity. This is a game that ends up being specifically about inclusion, even though the plot doesn't specifically address it in the ways you expect. The underlying themes can be extremely powerful.

Super Mario 3D All Stars - This is my first time playing through Mario 64, and I picked this up the night before the fuckery in the US went down. I was really thankful to have some Mario to fall back on. Sure the camera isn't always perfect, but the amount of joy I get from jumping and trying to do different challenges is just unparalleled in the genre. Whether it's 64, Sunshine or Galaxy, I say they're all a 10/10.

• Persona 5 Royal
    Final Fantasy VII Remake
    Yakuza: LAD*
    13 Sentinels*
    Ghost of Tsushima*
    Cyberpunk 2077*
    Telling Lies
    MS Flight Simulator
    Fall Guys
    MLB The Show 20

• games I haven't finished/am currently playing, so rankings may change upon completion

• Traditional "Top" 10

1. Hades
    2. Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
    3. Genshin Impact
    4. Doom Eternal
    5. Noita
    6. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
    7. XCOM: Chimera Squad
    8. Deep Rock Galactic
    9. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
    10. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX

Spent Most Time With
    *not all released in 2020

1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    2. Genshin Impact
    3. Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
    4. Hades
    5. Noita
    6. Final Sword
    7. Pokemon Sword: Isle of Armor + Crown Tundra
    8. Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling
    9. Super Mario 35
    10. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered

Games I Need to See More Of

1. Half-Life Alyx
    2. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    3. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
    4. Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
    5. Omori
    6. Sakura Wars
    7. Huntdown
    8. Yakuza: Like a Dragon
    9. Bloodstained: Curse of The Moon 2
    10. [Your Underrated Gem Here]

Reply to this post and suggest a game that released in 2020 you don't think I'm aware of that I'd be into. If I agree, I will edit your game into my post at this slot. No Early Access, Remasters, Expansions, etc. allowed. Don't get offended if I don't accept your suggestion. I'm picky.

1. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    2. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2
    3. The Last of Us Part II
    4. Demon's Souls
    5. Doom Eternal
    6. Wasteland 3
    7. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
    8. Desperados III
    9. Final Fantasy VII Remake
    10. Huntdown

• Banned

Haven't played many games from 2020. Only The Last of Us 2, Genshin Impact, and Fall Guys.
    The Last of Us 2 is far and away the best game I've played of the bunch, and probably one of the best games I've played from this entire console generation.
    Genshin Impact is neat.
    Fall Guys was cool for a few weeks.

• I haven't actually played 10 games that released in 2020, but my favorites were Ori, ACNH, and Astro's Playroom.

• @b-cell said in Our Top 10 games of 2020:

@sheria said in Our Top 10 games of 2020:

@phbz said in Our Top 10 games of 2020:

Did you tried Doom Eternal yet my friend? play it if not. Its masterpiece.

I'm afraid not. I'm waiting on our lockdown to end to pick up a number of second hand titles from CEX, Doom being a priority.

• I only played 4 game from 2020.

Would have played more if my PS4 didn't break or if I actually got my PS5 that I pre-ordered well before release.

1. Crash Bandicoot 4
      It's better than I would have thought. I think it's actuaaly better than Crash 1 and 3, though 2 is still the best in the series. A really superb platformer.

2. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
      Eventhough it looks the same as the first game I like it quite a bit more. I like that it is a lot more open and non-linear.

3. Doom Eternal
      This was a disappointment for me. I understand why people love this game so much but I much prefer Doom 2016. I really had to force myself to finish Doom Eternal, all the levels are so overly long and all the new enemies are so annoying. For me this was just one tedious combat arena after another.

4. Resident Evil 3
      Also a big disappointed. Seems like Resident Evil already shifted to an action franchise again and not such a good one.