The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2009!

• I have no idea what games could be #1 and #2. This is exciting!

• @ffff0 Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves are most likely those two games.

• @jdincinerator Well, now it's no longer exciting. Too bad I've started this conversation.

• lol that ended quickly. You didn't have to spoil it like that, man! Unless...

• The point spread will be interesting to see since almost everyone who voted for dragon age gave it a 1st or 2nd place and I don't doubt that the next 2 are more popular.
    I'm curious to see how the upcoming compare on first place votes though I imanigne uncharted 2 especially will be number 1 for many people.

• I downloaded DA: Origins last year during a Steam sale along with Inquisition so I intend on playing it some time soon.

Can’t really speak to it because I wasn’t gonna play an isometrics dungeon crawler in 2009 when I was so used to Oblivion and 3D first person games. Now, I don’t care. I wanna try it.

• #1 and #2 better be Wii Sports Resort and 'Splosion Man!

• @jdincinerator feel like this should be spoiler tagged

• Gettin reeeeeeeal worried about my number 1 pick here...

• @e_zed_eh_intern Sorry I wasn't aware or considerate to the anticipation you guys are having towards the top 2.

• @ffff0 Damn I'm sorry dude I shouldn't have said anything.

• @Capnbobamous I thought you might not have voted in this 2009 thread because I didn’t see your vote under AC2 but now I just say you HM’d DA:O.

Are you not a massive Assassin’s Creed fan?

Just curious cause AC2 is a classic to most.

• I didn't vote, but in my heart DA:O is my number one, thanks for voting for it everybody!

• @dipset I love Assassin's Creed, but of the ones that I've beaten, AC2 is the one that I remember the least. I definitely need to replay it, and I remember enjoying it, but it just didn't grab me like a lot of the others have. I think that might be because I played it immediately after 1 and I was feeling a bit fatigued. I'm probably doing it a disservice here though because like I said I certainly remember enjoying it, it just hasn't stuck with me.

Also 2009 was a pretty stacked year for me, though unfortunately it seems like a lot of my games didn't make it in.

• @jdincinerator no need to get salty. Just every time we have one of these, people jump in at the top 5 and spoil it. Not a huge deal if the list was released all at once but since it’s a game per day, anticipation is the reason people return to the thread. And I get wanting to say you knew it ahead of time but some people don’t want to know so if you put just a spoiler tag, that fixes it.

• @e_zed_eh_intern I'm not getting salty I'm just genuinely sorry that I may have ruined the anticipation. But if I'm really honest I think that firstly I was making a prediction about the games to come-I might be wrong about those entries entirely. Secondly it's well known what those top 2 games could be and with a spoiler you have no idea what's to come. I still maintain my apology but I think I was making educated guesses-at least in the future something will be put in place so this sort of mistake doesn't arise again.

• Batman: Arkham Asylum

#2. Batman: Arkham Asylum - 64 points

Votes

#1: 5 (JDINCINERATOR, Axel, paulmci27, robert7lee, MXAGhost)
    #2: 2 (Brandon_Reister, Capnbobamous)
    #3: 4 (Nimbus, Scotty, bard91, naltmank)
    #4: 7 (Brannox, HappyGaming, Crepe, Hazz3r, E_Zed_Eh_Intern, Sentinel Beach, Exist 2 Inspire)
    HM: 5 (ffff0, Nimbat1003, DIPSET, El Shmiablo, bam541)

Information

Release date: August 25 [US], August 28 [EU]
    Developer: Rocksteady Studios
    Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
    Genre: Action-adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

#1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 80 points

Votes

#1: 9 (Brannox, HappyGaming, Nimbus, Jamicov, Scotty, Sentinel Beach, DIPSET, bam541, Capnbobamous)
    #2: 6 (JDINCINERATOR, ffff0, Crepe, DemonPirate, naltmank, robert7lee)
    #3: 2 (E_Zed_Eh_Intern, Exist 2 Inspire)
    #4: 1 (El Shmiablo)
    HM: 3 (Axel, NeoCweeny, paulmci27)

Information

Release date: October 13 [US], October 16 [EU]
    Developer: Naughty Dog
    Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
    Genre: Action-adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• Oh, wow, I’ve voted for both of these games. Well…

Batman: Arkham Asylum is my #5. I’m not a big Batman fan, so Batman: Arkham Asylum was just another 3rd-person action adventure for me. I think I even played its demo, got bored, and dismissed it. Then I’ve bought both it and Batman Arkham City dirt-cheap in 2012. It was OK, but one moment was exceptional (spoilers):

when I thought I’ve lost all my progress due to a glitch I’ve immediately powered down my PC to avoid rewriting auto-save. Considering that even horror games, like Outlast, usually fail to scary me, I can say only one thing: well done, Scarecrow.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is my #2. At that time, I was very impressed with its trailers – marketing a game as a blockbuster movie was completely new for me. And I was equally impressed with game’s set-pieces, particularly the train sequence. It’s a quality entertainment from start to finish. Most likely it will not impress me in 2021, but a decade ago there weren’t anything better.

• And this is my list:

1. Dragon Age: Origins
    2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    3. Brütal Legend
    4. Flower
    5. Batman: Arkham Asylum
    6. Assassin's Creed II
    7. Trine
    8. Borderlands

The only game that didn’t make into top 20 is Trine. Can’t say much about it, and I haven’t returned to the series after 2, but I remember liking it.