2021 Video Game Jukebox

• I'm only a few hours in, but I have to say that I'm absolutely loving Persona 5 Strikers. Outside of a few things, it really does feel like a sequel. A lot of the music so far is from the OG game, but the new tracks are pretty great, so I'm just gonna take a leap of faith and post this early because I have no doubt that the game will continue spewing out great tunes.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

I wish that I change the volume/audio mix of the game, it sounds a bit too crowded rn.

• @shoulderguy I just finished it, loved the sound track.

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• Main Theme
    Youtube Video

Soundtrack Full OST
    Youtube Video

• I'm definitely late to the party, but I just listened to the Sonic 30th Anniversary Symphony yesterday, and overall it's quite fantastic. I think these arrangements are more than good enough to warrant a special spot here.

Youtube Video

• So I took the bait, tried out Apple Music just so I can listen to the Fantasian OST. I have only listened to the first part of this, there are 3 parts and it's 155 minutes total. Honestly it's more than good enough to make me post it here early. So far it feels like a homage to classic JRPG soundtracks, without being too imitative. There's just so much variety in the sound. Acoustic guitars, tribal percussions, retrofuturistic synths, flutes, orchestral strings, pianos, and so on. Yet, it all still sounds thematically consistent. The production is also great, it sounds clear and beautiful, and the instruments have the kind of sound and vibe to them that is just so JRPG, I don't know how to describe it. Listening to this just makes me want to play the game even more, but it's still Apple Arcade exclusive rn.

It's still only on Apple Music rn, but the album officially comes out later this month. The whole first part is awesome, but if I have to only recommend 5 tracks, they are Owen's Theme, Dimengeon, Gravity, Stormy Sandseas and Great Battle. Definitely going to continue listening to this.

• Listened to a bit of the Chicory: A Colorful Tale OST, and it's quite good! Very easy to like and enjoy. It sounds just like you would expect, seeing the game's visual art style. The main leitmotif is beautiful. There's lots of pleasant and/or excitable acoustic tones, the occasional melancholy to contrast them, and some chiptune synths (think of Celeste) sprinkled here and there too. It gets more... interesting, as it goes. Here's some of my favorite tracks:

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Haven't actually played the game yet, hopefully it shows up on my region's PSN store soon.