Best EZA GOTY Contender Runner-Up

• Now I'm not sure if there is any way to construct a poll on these forums but there if there is please inform me. Anyway if that isn't possible then which EZA Game of the Year runner-up is the best of them all and should have won the GOTY that year? You have the likes of Uncharted 4 and Overwatch in 2016. Persona 5 and Super Mario: Odyssey in 2017, RDR2 and Spider-Man in 2018, Resident Evil 2 and Control in 2019 and Final Fantasy VII and The Last of Us Part II in 2020. I think generally my top 3 GOTY contenders are Spider-Man, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Super Mario: Odyssey with Resident Evil 2 as a very very close 4th place-but what GOTY runner-ups are your favourite and should have won the year it was nominated?

• Control should have won game of the year for all of the years.

• 2016-Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    2017-TLoZ: BotW is awesome, I wouldn't change it.
    2018-Didn't play RDR2 yet but Spider-Man is definitely better than GoW.
    2019-RE2 is awesome. Maybe Control is better, I didn't play it but probably wouldn't change my opinion. RE2's gunplay is enough for it to be awesome with feeling the kill.
    2020-Part II is the true winner, I highly doubt any of the other contenders would change my opinion from what I see/play.

• The only ones that I confidently disagree on are 2016 and 2019. I said this before, but I think a technical mess like The Last Guardian shouldn't have won any GOTY. As for 2019, Sekiro failed to captivate me beyond the first 2 hours of the game and I didn't care much for it. Ace Combat 7 wins that one for me easily.

For 2017, I have played BOTW for a bit recently so I do understand why people love it so much. I enjoyed what I have played, and I respect the game for what it did to the open world genre.

For 2018, I personally enjoyed RDR2's story more, and I truly believe that finally having a great Spider-Man game is a gift from the gods, but I would not disagree with GoW winning it since it's such a powerful and well made game. The flaws of GoW are far lesser compared to those two as well, so there's that.

For 2020, I have not played HL:A because of no VR, so I can't say much other than it looks really cool and I wish I had the resources to play it.

• @bam541

The only way I can see myself spending money on HL: A is if it ever comes to the PS VR(V.2?) on PS5 sometime down the line.

• @scotty lol, that would be a really good get for Sony. Even if I ever get to have a gaming PC (been thinking about getting a cheap one prebuilt in the near future), it would take a long time for me to get a build that can run it well enough.

• @el-shmiablo And why is that?

• @scotty When it comes to 2018 I think of a trinity of untouchable games-Spider-Man, God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2.

• @jdincinerator

Well, I'm not fond of the new GoW as much as most people are.

• None of them. They're all losers that deserved to lose. People in this topic just can't seem to let it go.

• @mbun You're totally right. The Last of Us 2 was the best game of 2020.