Worst Thing About A Game You Love

• What is the one negative you can say about a game you absolutely love? For me FallOut: New Vegas has technical issue which stymie the experience, RDR2 has a bit too much travelling, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch's combat isn't very compelling and Super Mario: Odyssey doesn't reinvent the wheel.

• TLOU2 would have had a much more digestible presentation if the story has been presented in a more linear fashion. I understand why they did it the way they did, as it causes you to feel much more intense emotion regarding certain character actions, but I still think it would have been a better choice to present it chronologically so that certain things didn't come as such a shock and certain actions could be better understood and able to be sympathized with.

Dead Space 1 has a pretty shit PC port, and the game doesn't give you much of a reason to use anything besides the starting weapon.

Many of Diablo 3's gameplay systems were designed explicitly around the Auction House and it shows, even after the complete overhaul of the game that was 1.6 and Reaper of Souls.

Both Gravity Rush games have generally terrible side missions.

Destiny 2 is incredibly uninviting to new players and I'm not sure Bungie even know what to do with the game at this point.

• @el-shmiablo said in Worst Thing About A Game You Love:

Both Gravity Rush games have generally terrible side missions.

What!! I could definitely be misremembering but I recall having a lot of fun with them. Sure, there was the occasional "take X from point A to point B," but most were pretty creative and entertaining.

• @demonpirate I felt the same way like you. I don't remember much of GR1's side stuff, but GR2 had some really weird and quirky side quests. Not all of them are winners, but there's some really fun ones, like the one where you had to run away from Raven while delivering a package, or the body snatchers one.

• This post is deleted!

• Poor Melia...

• Fallout 3-much of the main story haha.

Nier automata-the pretty boring openworld.

FF7R-that pacing (the chapters with side quest basically being hour long story pauses)

Dark souls-lost isilith is a pretty obvious one.

• @el-shmiablo said in Worst Thing About A Game You Love:

TLOU2 would have had a much more digestible presentation if the story has been presented in a more linear fashion. I understand why they did it the way they did, as it causes you to feel much more intense emotion regarding certain character actions, but I still think it would have been a better choice to present it chronologically so that certain things didn't come as such a shock and certain actions could be better understood and able to be sympathized with.

I can't think of a reason they did non-linear storytelling other than the fact they wanted to create mystery and start the player with Ellie considering they marketed the game with her as the main character. But I'm almost positive they'll release a linear cut of the game in the future that'll be way better.

• @dipset I mean, it amplifies the shock and emotion you feel about a particular event early on in the story, but it also makes it incredibly difficult to empathise with a certain character later on, even when you see their side of the story and that they were really quite justified in their actions.

As somebody who absorbs a lot of media with complex moral choices it wasn't particularly difficult for me to empathise with said character even with the story presented the way it was, but it certainly would have made it a bit more digestible for the average player, and avoided a lot of unwarranted hate towards the game.

• Metroid series: Zero suit Samus