Ranking The Legend of Zelda Games

• I have not played Skyward Sword. Zelda games are definitely the type where different ones resonate with different people.

All I want to express is that The Minish Cap is easily the worst Zelda game on this list. The beginning is good, but then past the first dungeon it becomes nothing but a string of fetch quests. I don't understand why anyone would put this game higher than last on their list. Phantom Hourglass has annoying controls? I get it, but that game still has interesting stuff going on. Majora's Mask is annoying because of the time limit? I get it, but you eventually can slow that down to the point it basically doesn't matter, and the way everyone lives on a schedule is super fascinating and revolutionary for the time. Link to the Past has bad sprites? I get it, but come on they're really not that distractingly bad. Stop obsessing over minor things. The Legend of Zelda is too outdated with weird difficulty curving? I get it, but at least it is exciting. Zelda 2 has stupid combat? I get it, but again, at least it is thrilling in a way. The Minish Cap is mindless walking back and forth between NPCs, collecting things to assemble, and advancing chain quests. It is nice to look at and has a fun companion, but come on. That game is all style, no substance.

• Wind Waker > Everything else

1. Majora’s Mask
    2. Wind Waker
    3. Ocarina of Time
    4. Link’s Awakening
    5. Link Between Worlds
    6. Twilight Princess
    7. Skyward Sword
    8. Breath of the Wild
    9. Phantom Hourglass
    10. Zelda 2
    11. Legend of Zelda

The only other one I have played is Link to the Past but not enough to place it.

• Loved ones:

1- Breath of the Wild
    1.1-Wind Waker
    3-Link Between Worlds
    4-Link's Awakening

Not loved one:

5-Ocarina of Time (played it a few years back, couldn't finish it, needs a remake)
    9999999-Twilight Princess (couldn't finish it neither but because was simply not enjoying it)

1. A Link to the Past
    2. Link' Awakening
    3. The Legend of Zelda
    4. A Link Between Worlds
    5. Ocarina of Time
    6. Twilight Princess
    7. Oracle of Seasons
    8. Zelda II
    9. Breath of the Wild
    10. Four Swords Adventures
    11. Oracle of Ages
    12. Skyward Sword
    13. Majora's Mask
    14. Wind Waker

The rest I have not played yet.

• @shoulderguy I feel spirit tracks fixed my biggest complaint that I had with phantom hourglass. which was retreading temple of the ocean king over and over again.

1. A Link to the Past
    2. Ocarina of Time
    3. Wind Waker
    4. Link's Awakening
    5. Twilight Princess
    6. Majora's Mark
    7. Wand of Gamelon
    8. Lampshade of No Real Significance
    9. Skyward Sword

• @el-shmiablo

What is it about Skyward Sword? I remember hating the motion controls and the fights against the big thing in the ground but you take it to another level. Real question, not a gripe.

• @e_zed_eh_intern
    While I personally like Skyward Sword to a extent, I can think of a few issues off the top of my head such as the Wii Remote not registering right sometimes, such as swinging left and Link swinging vertically or stabbing, how often Fi will interrupt you for things, if you have turned off the game it will remind you of every item you pick up the first time upon picking up that item again (as in you'll get reminders every time you play that a blue rupee is worth 5).

• @dmcmaster These are also my biggest issues as well as all the padding like repeat boss fights, going through the same areas over and over again,...

I think it still has some redeeming qualities though which is why I didn't put it on the bottom. I think the desert area overal was pretty great.

• Ranked and divided into tiers:

1. Twilight Princess
    2. Ocarina of Time
    3. Majora's Mask
    4. Link to the Past (perhaps should be #3? hmm)
    5. A Link Between Worlds
    6. Link's Awakening
    7. Skyward Sword
    8. Wind Waker
    9. Adventure of Link
    10. Minish Cap
    11. Legend of Zelda
    12. Spirit Tracks
    13. Phantom Hourglass
    14. Oracle of Seasons
    15. Oracle of Ages

1. Skyward Sword
    2. The Wind Waker
    3. Twilight Princess
    4. Ocarina of Time
    5. Link's Awakening
    6. A Link Between Worlds
    7. Majora's Mask
    8. Breath of the Wild
    9. A Link to the Past
    10. The Legend of Zelda
    11. Tri Force Heroes

I know it's ranked last, but I genuinely love Tri Force Heroes.