Your Pop-Tarts & Toaster Strudels for Q2 2021

• @mbun

I just want to make one thing clear. When I said Snap wasn't worth it in 2000 and it isn't worth it in 2021, I am speaking from the point of view of a 6-7 year old. When I describe my personal experience with the gameplay, I am speaking from the point of view of a 6-7 year old.

I really wonder how far you got. Are you just one of those players who needs very blatant objectives telling you what to do instead of experimenting and discovering things for yourself?

Like, I can barely answer this question because I was, again, 6-7 years old. That's kind of my whole point. The game was made for children, yet as a child, I found the game confusing. There weren't 25-30 year old's who cared about Pokemon back then. I can't really speak to my mindset back then. I feel like I only understood so much about games back then, but most would tide me over for a near infinite amount of time whereas this specific one had me asking my parents if its working right. I'm not saying my experience was the definitive experience of children who played Pokemon Snap in 2000, but I can safely say none of my friends liked or understood the game.

I'm sure it has value as a piece of history by today's standards. I'm sure it has value to those who have been clamoring for a new one all of these years.

NEW Pokemon Snap is aimed at not only kids but also Millennials and Zoomers who still care about Pokemon. There is more context and understanding around this new game. But without that context and history, there is a chance that it'll be a pretty bland 4 hour game that costs $79.99+tax. And without the context of the original Pokemon Snap, I doubt this new one even gets made at all.

It isn't guaranteed to be fun nor bad, but that's the whole point of Pop Tart and Toaster Strudel.

• Banned

@dipset DUDE JUST THINKING CRITICALLY ABOUT ALL THIS STUFF AND BUY THE DAMN GAME

@JDINCINERATOR I just get annoyed when incredibly well off companies produce incredibly low effort schlock because they know that fans will eat it up regardless.

• @el-shmiablo said in Your Pop-Tarts & Toaster Strudels for Q2 2021:

I just get annoyed when incredibly well off companies produce incredibly low effort schlock because they know that fans will eat it up regardless.

like selling a brand new console with nothing to play at launch except some Spiderman DLC and a remaster of an old PS3 game right?

• @yoshi Are you planning to ever grow up?

• Banned

@yoshi You're such a big fan of the Switch I figured you would really liked consoles that don't really have anything to play but remasters of old games and DLC.

• @el-shmiablo i'm not the one getting annoyed because of incredibly well off companies producing low effort schlock that fans will eat up like Pokemon Snap Sequels and Demon Souls remasters like you are in this thread though.

what's your point?

• Banned

@yoshi I mean, you literally are.

• @el-shmiablo you keep thinking that.

now continue whining to Mbun if you will.

• Dude, somebody put Snap as their Toaster Strudel. It's fiiiiiiine. It's lighthearted.

0_1617983423750_47282160-dc16-48f2-8fcb-0bc5821faae8-image.png

Somebody also put RE Village as theirs too. It's ok.

• Yeah I'm just gonna go back in time and say don't hit enter on that now

• @el-shmiablo I don't think New Pokemon Snap will be low-effort at all but I do see your point that maybe NPS will fall into that category but I doubt it.

• @dipset Doesn't look like the size of The Rock's strudel sadly....

• Yikes, 59 opencritic, looks like my gut feeling was justified: https://opencritic.com/game/11567/dungeons-dragons-dark-alliance

How did your pop-tarts and toaster strudels fare?

• How my picks scored on OpenCritic:

Pop-Tarts:
    Q1 Hitman 3 - 86
    Q2 Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - 88

Toaster Strudels:
    Q1 Bravely Default 2 - 78
    Q2 Biomutant - 67

I'm still surprised Bravely Default 2 scored that well.

• Well Deathloop was pushed back to September and Outriders was already garnering a critical attention so nothing particularly interesting to note here.

• My pop tart (Deathloop) got delayed and my toaster schrudel (Knockout City) did pretty well, so I'm wrong on all fronts here.