Ranking The Atlus Games

• Atlus was established in April 1986 and spent its early years as a video game developer for other companies. Today Atlus is a subsidiary of Sega and are known for its Megami Tensei, Persona, Etrian Odyssey, and Trauma Center series, among others.

• What are your favorite Atlus games and how would you rank them?

I’m unable to answer as the only Atlus game I've finished is Persona 5, but I would love to know what are considered the best/must play games for this developer.

• Here's what I've played sorta ranked: Great or really good / good / ok / not good

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
    Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei II
    Shin Megami Tensei II
    Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs the Soulless Army

Shin Megami Tensei
    Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 2
    Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei
    Trauma Center: Under the Knife
    Maken X

Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga
    Persona 3
    Persona 2 (EP/IS)
    Jack Bros.

Revelations: Persona
    Shin Megami Tensei If...

• The Etrian Odyssey series is number 1 on my list, I'm not going to even list every entry... As for the rest, I've never been more than occasionally interested in Persona and SMT myself. Some of the older ones catch my eye though. Atlus usually has interesting 3rd party publishing deals, sparse they may be, so I'm including those in the rest of my list:

1. Etrian Odyssey 2
    2. Trauma Center
    3. Knights in the Nightmare
    4. Run Saber
    5. ESP Ra. De.

• I have started so many of these games and finished so few. I'm not sure why I always stop because I always enjoy them. Of those I have finished

1. SMT IV
    2. Persona 2 IS/EP
    3. Persona 4
    4. Persona 5
    5. Persona 3
    6. Revelations: Persona

Ranking what I have started but not finished

1. Digital Devil Saga 1
    2. Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
    3. SMT 3 Nocturne
    4. Devil Survivor Overclocked
    5. Devil Summoner Raidou
    6. Strange Journey Redux
    7. Persona Q

The Persona 4 Arena fighting games are awesome; Persona 4 Dancing All Night is not.

• @e_zed_eh_intern said in Ranking The Atlus Games:

SMT IV

Glad to see someone likes SMT IV :)

• Banned

@shoulderguy said in Ranking The Atlus Games:

I’m unable to answer as the only Atlus game I've finished is Persona 5, but I would love to know what are considered the best/must play games for this developer.

Snowboard Kids 1 & 2

• What is the difference between SMT and Persona?

• @scotty I'm unsure if this is a joke question or not, but I'll answer it regardless haha.

Shin Megami Tensei (previously simply called Megami Tensei) is the mainline franchise from Atlus. There are many spin-offs, the most popular of which is Persona. The Persona series used to carry the Shin Megami Tensei moniker in its name but was later dropped.

Their main differences are the themes and subject matter in each games' story. SMT is generally regarded to have a more mature, dark, and serious tone. While Persona is on the lighthearted side. Most of the demons/personas used are found in both games along with accessories like items being shared between the two.

There are of course plenty more similarities and differences but these are off the top of my head.

• @demonpirate

I was serious, thanks.