UFC

• @capnbobamous

I had not come across that yet, but I'm still kinda looking into all of this.

Again, I automatically assume all (yes, all) social media guru's are sociopaths so I'm not surprised some are also psychopaths as well. I guess that is where all of the concerned UFC fans online are coming from when they say things like Fabia might murder Diego.

Honestly, this is tragic. But at the same time—I feel like most people have enough intelligence to not fall for scams. But then again, he probably has CTE or something. Who knows?

• If you want to see some nasty knockouts then here are a few of my faves:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh3yaw1irYA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi800bYbEyQ
    Youtube Video

• @dipset I mean Diego has always been a weird dude. If anybody is gonna fall for that thing I think it makes sense that it's him.

• @capnbobamous That's exactly what I'm thinking. Diego is tough and such an intense guy that I think he's kinda like a more braun than brains kinda of guy and this Josh Fabia guy is using that to his advantage.

• Well that was a crazy ending to what was a crazy card. Hard to feel like there is a definitive winner of the rivalry, though Poirier certainly won the round and very likely would have won the fight cleanly had it been able to continue. It didn't last long, but those five minutes really were excellent. I don't particularly like McGregor, but damnit if it isn't electrifying watching him fight. Hope he's able to make a full recovery.

This whole card was insane though. Suga Sean put on an absolute clinic, but I think his opponent is more the story of that match than Sean is. The dude took 200 punches to the head and was barely wobbled, and set the pace pretty much the entire time. If anybody ever deserved the nickname 'Zombie,' it was him. Eager to see more from him in the future, though hopefully he practices head movements before then.

Tuivasa is also definitely worth mentioning. Nailed a super solid KO, and on a wife-beater no less. He's also clearly become the unequivocal King of the Shoey in the UFC, and there's some stiff competition so I don't say that lightly.

Ryan Hall.

My personal favorite bout was Price v. Pereira. It just had crazy energy the entire time, and they were truly a match made in heaven. Both of them were so unorthodox in such complementary ways, it's like the universe was waiting to bring them together. There was also that backflip in the middle of the match, which was of questionable legality so I'm unsure how I feel about it, but it was also fucking rad.

There really weren't any fights on this card that I thought were boring. Sure Burns v. Wonderboy was a lot of hugging, but it really felt like a chess match and I had a blast watching it. This whole thing was a great time. Shame how it ended, but this is a wild sport and you never know what's gonna happen.

• I was most impressed with Ilia Topuria and how quickly he dispatched of Ryan Hall. I quite like how Dricus Du Plessis retaliated and finished Trevin Giles. People will now know Brad Tavares and his outstanding takedown defense. Gilbert Burns beating Wonderboy was an upset-Thompson looked set to get a shot at the Welterweight title.

• @jdincinerator Yeah massive respect to Topuria for solving that Ryan Hall puzzle, and in the first round no less. Also super bummed that Wonderboy lost, but were I a betting man I probably would have bet on Gilbert. He's a well regarded fighter, but even then I don't think he's given the credit he's due. Underrated imo. Hope Wonderboy is able to come back though. I think he deserves a crack at Usman, though the odds of him winning don't seem great.

• The atmosphere was electric but the event overall was kinda weak. UFC sent that dude in to die against O’Malley and make him look good (he didn’t). As he proceeds to be the punching bag they intended, they stop the fight?

Glad Portier pumped McGreggor and I’m glad it ended early. I was helping family move since 6am that day and could barely stay up another minute. McGreggor looked like a clown talking shit from the mat. Sportsmanship has gone out the window across so many sports world wide and I’m kinda tired of loud mouths. Especially those who don’t back it up.

• Here's one of the best one-punch knockouts I've seen in UFC:
    Youtube Video

• This weekend, on an abysmal PPV card, we bore witness to Tito Ortiz showing up draped in a "Blue Lives Matter" American flag, only to swiftly get knocked unconscious by Anderson Silva.

Youtube Video

Sweet justice. This is what happens when you beat your wife and have no pension and are an all-round asshole who nobody wants to work with.

• It's a genuine pleaser getting to see Tito Ortiz get knocked out in the year 2021. I thought I had run out of opportunities to watch him get punched in the face.