Nintendo Financial Results - as of 31 March 2021

• The earnings release happened today and we've got fresh Nintendo numbers:

Hardware sales
    Software sales
    Earnings release
    Explanatory Material

• The Switch is now at 84.59 million, what a jump (+28.83 million)! It beats the GBA, only trailing the Wii, Game Boy and DS. It might not beat the DS (154.02 million), but I think it should overtake the other two eventually.
    • 230.88 software sales too, which is huge, it was at 168.72 million the year before!
    • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe still leads with 35.39 million lifetime (+10.62 million this past year!).
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons should be #1 soon, at 32.63 million. In roughly just one year, crazy.

For the ones not in the top 10:

• Super Mario 3D All-Stars: 9.01 million (and won't sell a unit more now)
    • Ring Fit Adventure: 10.11 million (+7.38 million this past year, thank you covid!)
    • Super Mario 3D World: already at 5.59 million
    • Luigi's Mansion 3: 9.59 million (super happy for this one, it was awesome!)
    • Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics: 3.14 million
    • Paper Mario: The Origami King: 3.12 million (ouch, less than Clubhouse Games)
    • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity: 3.07 million
    • Pikmin 3 Deluxe: 2.04 million
    • Super Mario Maker 2: 7.15 million
    • Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition: 1.52 million (that's a bit low, no? I think 2 sold more than that?)
    • Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit: 1.27 million

Their forecast is an additional 25.5 million Switch sales this upcoming year, and 190 million software sales, which should indicate that they're planning to release at least a couple (yet unannounced) heavy-hitters this year.

• @axel Reminds me that Easy Allies could do with a Michael Pachter.

• @axel said:

(and won't sell a unit more now)

You can actually still find it in some retail stores. Don't believe Nintendo's lies.

• Nintendo also has $8.5 billion USD cash-on-hand. alt text

• These number are incredible! Still waiting for the upgraded version with BotW sequel though.

• I'm always shocked at Nintendo sales. Like anybody would be grateful to pull 3M in sales for a healthy investment, and Nintendo is out here pulling 10M on a port or 7M on a 2D Mario. Not saying that is bad or anything, just shocking. I'm going to just assume the ROI for, say, Super Mario 3D World was a lot more than, say, TLOU Pt II or GOW.

• @dipset The thing about Nintendo, I can play their games with my kids opens up an all enclusive audience. Same can't be said for the other consoles or PC.

• THE Q&A has been published, with some interesting additional tidbits:

Many new software titles will be released this fiscal year, starting in the first quarter, which we think will help continuously expand the range of consumers who play Nintendo Switch to include those who haven't played Nintendo Switch in a while or are completely new users.

Yes baby, bring on E3!