Get Rid of One Game From A Franchise

• Take any videogame series and say which game you would take out from it because it's inferior to other entries in the franchise. For instance I'd take out Ghost Recon: Breakpoint from the Ghost Recon series because it's really really really terrible and boring.

• Wolfenstein Youngblood. I'm very, very disappointed with the general structure of the game and the gameplay. The gunplay is sooo unsatisfying. The story stuff is pretty neat, but they could tell it in a much better game.

• Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number from HM series. After the first game this one didn't live up to the hype and wasn't as fun as the first entry. What were they thinking while implementing those big maps filled with out-of-screen enemies in a game series which is known for its fast gameplay is beyond me.

• @jdincinerator said:

say which game you would take out from it because it's inferior to other entries in the franchise

There are all kinds of reasons you'd want to delete a game from a franchise, but by including this it actually really helps narrow down the options.

Yoshi Franchise

Yoshi's New Island. Won't pretend the game has zero redeeming qualities, but also it super does not need to exist and is a bit of a blight on the rest of the franchise by reinforcing the idea that for a new Yoshi game to be well received it needs to keep chasing the original Yoshi's Island. It also has straight up embarrassing music that deserves to be erased. There's pretty much nothing I'd miss if it was gone.

Snowboard Kids Franchise

Snowboard Kids SBK. Basically ruined the style of the original games and straight up killed the franchise with a poor entry that didn't sell well. I know the prompt doesn't include history revisions due to our choices, and honestly not that many people even remember this game, so I guess it could still be allowed to exist, but also it just doesn't need to.

I thought I'd have more than this, but most examples I can think of some other people like for w/e reason or there's at least one small contribution they made that sort of semijustifies their existence. Of course I can think of stuff like Fallout 76, but I'm not familiar enough with it to make the call myself.

• Final Fantasy 13- I know some hipsters are now saying that it's a great game, but seriously pull your head out your hole, it's shite irredeemabley so.

• Final Fantasy 10
    Absolute shit with such a pretentious and nonsensical story. Literally a single good character in the entire cast. Also some of the cringiest moments in the entire franchise.

Dead Space 3
    Just pretend it had two INCREDIBLE games and then the series died.

Call of Duty Black Ops
    I have no idea how some people consider these to be some of the better entries in the franchise. The first game was so bad I felt personally insulted that they thought it would be okay to release this to the public.

Tales of Legendia
    The worst game in an already pretty middling franchise. The characters, story, gameplay and graphics are all terrible. If we can keep the soundtrack alive that would be cool since it, for some reason, has an absolutely stellar OST.

Resident Evil 6
    Not just a bad RE, but a bad game overall. I once wrote a 3 page essay on why it was bad, but the HDD it was on has since died. Health system is shit, dodging system would be okay if the enemies actually followed the rules of it, somehow worse graphics than 5, tonal consistency all over the place. Blight on the series.

• @scotty Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number tries too hard to impress that it undercuts itself. The soundtrack is amazing though.

• @el-shmiablo Every time with the Final Fantasy X. I think you're just doing it now to winde me up.

• @paulmci27 No, I'm doing it because it's a shit game.

• @bam541
    Agreed, but for a different reason. That being it feels like we skipped a game. If I remember right between New Coluss and Young Blood B.J apparently killed Hitler (I assume Mecha Hitler) who had rigged something to his heartbeat to destroy the world or something.

• @el-shmiablo That one hurts. I'm gonna cry into my Titus body pillow.

• @jdincinerator said in Get Rid of One Game From A Franchise:

@scotty The soundtrack is amazing though.

My best friend has a close friend that we know through the local music scene who goes by the name Motëm. He wrote 3 songs for the Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack along with UK-based DJ Coco Bryce under the name Light Club.

Motëm and my buddy (Melville) make music together pretty frequently but my buddy hasn't struck gold like that. Motëm was saying the cult following the Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack has developed has actually contributed to album sales and he often gets cheques in the mail from the record label.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Soundtrack - Blizzard
    Youtube Video

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Soundtrack - Fahkeet
    Youtube Video

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Soundtrack - She Meditates
    Youtube Video

I think there are a few examples of horrendous games in otherwise good series, but sometimes that terrible entry creates a renaissance for the franchise later down the road. So I don't know if I'd get rid of THPS5 since it brought us THPS 1+2 Remastered, ya know? Or RE6, which I've never played, was so bad that it helped Resident Evil's future.

I guess I'll go with Hitman Absolution.

I don't find anything redeemable about the game. I know a lot of people liked it and it somehow got pretty solid reviews, but I don't like one single element of the gameplay.

You would get into spawn traps where the checkpoint immediately put you into a crowd where somebody could see through your disguise and the whole playthrough is broken at that moment. Just an all round terrible game and I hope with the recent surge in Hitman popularity that nobody goes back and plays that abomination or plays it by mistake.

• @paulmci27 Not a hipster but I grew to really like 13. Hated it when I first played it on release day but picked it up a few months later and actually gave it a chance. 100 or so hours later I was converted. Have said I liked it since then so I am not hipster, I am indie. I liked it before it was cool to like it. Now that all these hipsters came along and ruined it.

• @e_zed_eh_intern I'm only joking I also enjoy alot of games that everyone hates beside a select few. Nought wrong with that.

• @dipset Absolution lays the technical groundwork for the WoA trilogy. As bad as it is, I certainly wouldn't wish it away.

• Devil May Cry 2
    • Dead Space 3
    • FFXIII
    • Streets of Rage 3 US Version
    • Double Dragon 3
    • Gungrave VR
    • Time Crisis 5
    • Sonic 06
    • Dead to Rights Retribution
    • Soul Calibur V
    • Final Fight Streetwise

• @dmcmaster lol, such a casual spoiler. But yeah, that certainly happened. They could have made that to be a smaller game like The Old Blood, and it would probably be cool af.

• I'd get rid of Watch Dogs: Legion as well because it's so mediocre. Sure London looks really cool gooped in a cybernetic dystopia but damn it's so tediously Ubisoft.

• @bam541
    Is it a spoiler if it's in the first cutscene, at least I believe it was one of the first. I mean hell they could have made it like a tutorial stage or something, like a "hey here's what you could do later on" type thing.

• @dmcmaster well the heartbeat thing you said was not revealed until the very end, so I think it counts as a spoiler, lol. Anyway, yeah, either a tutorial stage or a flashback of sorts of that would be cool.