E3 2021 - Your Hype & Hopes!

• It may not feel like it, but E3 is back, baby, and it's only a month away!

As far as I could gather, the following publishers will participate and have stuff to show: Nintendo, Xbox, Ubisoft, Square Enix, Take-Two, Capcom, Warner Bros, Sega, Bandai Namco, Xseed, Koch Media, Gearbox... and let's just count Sony as I'm sure they'll do something in June.

So what does everyone hope to see, or expect to see?

I'll go with mine:

Nintendo

• Breath of the Wild 2, it's time, the full blowout, it has to be. It may not release this year, but they're going to show it to us, mark my words!
    • Super Mario Odyssey 2, just because my FantasyCritic depends on it, come on baby, it's long overdue, release this November!
    • Bayonetta 3, it's ready, of course it is. It's coming out in October.
    • No Metroid Prime 4 yet, BUT a new 2D Metroid from Mercury Steam, coming out in September.
    • Some new Pokémon info, for the Diamond remake and Legends, as well as a new Splatoon 3 trailer.
    • There's gotta be something added to their online subscription, N64 games or something. Available now!
    • Super Mario Galaxy 2 added as a $20 DLC for Super Mario 3D All-Stars, the internet will rage and it will sell 5 million.
    • A Fire Emblem remake would be sweet, like Echoes on 3DS! 2022.
    • They'll show some other Zelda ports too probably but meh... But then, they'll also show a Minish Cap remake in the style of Link's Awakening! December 2021.
    • A new Monolith Soft RPG, which will not be in the Xenoblade series but a brand new IP! Or it can be Xenoblade too, that's fine, you do you Monolith! Also 2022.

Capcom

• Mega Man X9. Do it you cowards!
    • Maybe some new Pragmata info?

Ubisoft

• Splinter Cell right? Right? Who am I kidding?

Xbox

• It will be interesting to see what Bethesda games are on show. Maybe finally the Starfield reveal?? A new Wolfenstein that will make me want a Series X too, possibly. Also Avowed!
    • Huge Halo Infinite re-reveal, with a release date for November.

Square Enix

• A teaser for FF7 Remake Part 2, we see Cait Sith and Cid.
    • Project Triangle Strategy gets a final name, Trifecta Tactics.
    • More of Forspoken please!! Release end of this year.
    • There's got to be some new Tomb Raider info too, as part of the anniversary celebration, but I really don't know what it could be apart from remakes of the original trilogy or something. Don't think we'll see a brand new game.

Sony

• Apart from new info on Horizon, God of War, etc. I'm particularly curious about whatever the next Bluepoint remake is!

• I think that Injustice 3 will probably be announced and released this year considering the pattern Netherealm studios has regarding the release of MK and Injustice games.

• It's time to build up unreasonable expectations so I can inevitably be let down once again. Let's Go!

Hypes & Hopes:

• Nintendo - Switch Pro, BoTW 2 and a new 3D Donkey Kong game get November 12th 2021 release dates.

• Xbox - Halo Infinite gets a new release date and looks much better this time. Starfield gameplay trailer and early 2022 release date.

• Sega - Sonic Mania 2 and Valkyria Chronicles 5 reveal trailers.

• Capcom - Dragon's Dogma 2 announcement trailer with early 2022 release date. Monster Hunter Rise PC version shadow drop.

• Square Enix - FF16 gameplay trailer, with October release date. Some new remaster compilations revealed.

• Ubisoft - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle 2 reveal trailer. Features levels from Super Mario Odyssey, Galaxy and Sunshine.

• Take-Two - Bioshock 4 reveal trailer. It has open sections but it's not an open world game.
      Bully 2 reveal trailer with female protagonist, single player game with Persona 5 style confidant system.

• Sony - New God of War gameplay trailer and 2021 release date reconfirmed.
      Legend of Dragoon Remake announced. This is for my friend who loves this game and won't ever shut up about it.

• @shoulderguy said in E3 2021 - Your Hype & Hopes!:

• Ubisoft - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle 2 reveal trailer. Features levels from Super Mario Odyssey, Galaxy and Sunshine.

You know what would be even better than this? Zelda + Rabbids Kingdom Battle!

• @shoulderguy said in E3 2021 - Your Hype & Hopes!:

Nintendo - Switch Pro, BoTW 2 and a new 3D Donkey Kong game get November 12th 2021 release dates.

@shoulderguy said in E3 2021 - Your Hype & Hopes!:

Take-Two - Bully 2 reveal trailer

These are too good for me too pass so I'm also taking them to my list.

Xbox- I am not to keen on Fallout, Elder Scrolls or Starfield so I want to see The Evil Within 3 announcement now that they have budget to just do it for the sake of it, even maybe for Gamepass boost.

Capcom- If they follow the same roadmap from REVII I'm pretty sure they will share their first DLC teaser for REVIII. RE4 remake teaser would be incredible but they will wait for the next year probably.

Ubisoft- Another borefest open world with interesting ideas but average and bland gameplay. More information about what's coming to WD: Legion for 3 people that care and of course implementing Sam Fisher in another game instead of giving his own one.

Leaving being sarcastic aside: I HOPE they really started working on the PoP remake from the ground again and they show what they've been up to with that after all those criticism.

Sony- Sony always save the summers since 2015 I guess so I am not expecting any less from them. Give me Spider-Man 2 teaser, HFW proper gameplay with a release date of fall, GoW: Ragnarok proper trailer with an updated year(never believed 2021), Uncharted teaser.

Also at least one intriguing new IP announcement which is TPS. Some solid information about what are they doing in service area(PS+, Collection, PS Now etc).

And close the show with TLoU remake(actually would prefer if they change this with Spider-Man 2 teaser, I think I will be more excited about SM2 because of TLoU is a remake for a game that is still fresh!)

I know I'm expecting too much from Sony stream but even half of these would be glorious.

Really glad E3 is live again this year instead of last year's scattered and mostly boring ''Summer Fest''. Go home Keighley...

• Half Life 3 Confirmed

• @yoshi

You should have written it in ''Wildcard'' thread.

• I care mostly about Xbox and Sony when it comes to E3. There are always surprises that I can't predict, but that's where my head is at.

Xbox

• Halo Infinite MP Blowout: Put it in the hands of gamers world wide and let us play Team Slayer. At the very least, I want to see MP footage of this game circulate in the wild. You can't conceal it forever. We're less than 6 months away. Let's see something.

• Rumoured Kojima Productions Game: They obviously are developing a game. Is it an Xbox game—who knows? But it's Kojima Productions so obviously I care. TWIST - Kojima is not director but just acting as EP / Studio President.

• Perfect Dark MP is classic arena shooter: No nonsense here. Perfect Dark is a fine tuned arena shooter with weapon pickups, solid pace, and gameplay tweaks between modes. Obviously feels modern but isn't trying to chase trends. Shamelessly an area shooter (like Halo).

Sony

• God of War: Ragnarok has a balls-to-the-wall demo: Remember the GOW III E3 demo? Like that! GOW 2018 was "subtle" by GOW standards, but they are hinting at pure mayhem in our cliffhanger ending to GOW 2018. It's time for SSM to go fucking crazy with this new series.

• Spider-Man 2 exists: I don't really care about this one but I wouldn't be surprised if Spider-Man 2 is ready to be shown off.

• The Last of Us Factions 2: The sequel to the most underrated multiplayer of the PS3 (and kinda PS4) generation is ready to be revealed. Tactical gameplay with a variety of ways to play (i.e. melee vs ranged are both viable). Knock on wood it is just a free update to TLOU Pt II but F2P or $40 and I'll bite. 2022 release date to let COD/BF/Halo breathe.

• GT7 Sport Mode: I just want to see some online racing between humans. Seeing some fictional circuits would be a bonus.

Ubisoft

I just want cringe here. Please give me a highlight reel of bad jokes.

EA

Battlefield 2021: Blows my fucking mind! The rumours are "near future" which I'm kinda lukewarm on, but I just need to see some squads on a sandbox map having a ton of fun with a variety of ways to play. Hopefully we see at least two MP maps that look and play relatively different. DICE are masters of MP map design so I'm not worried, but I want more maps to feel different than the did in BFV.

Whether it's a demo, a stream, or just a controlled showcase on stage, IDC, I just want to see this game.

• Btw I want to see Remedy's next game in PC Gaming Showcase.

• First game that came to mind was actually Babylon's Fall (that Platinum game that I will be pleased if it is like Souls).

Perfect Dark is also a biggie for me, but if I don't see gameplay I'm going to stop caring about this.

Seconding @Axel 's desire for new Monolith RPG.

Nightdive Studios has the System Shock remake that has been in the works for a long time. Let's toss in showings of non-specific Boomer shooters by New Blood Interactive and whoever else.

If feel like this has been happening regularly for now so I'll write down: "An obscure, 20+ year old Japanese game that you would never think could come back gets a deluxe remaster or enhanced port of some kind."

Honestly, I think I am a much easier mark for E3 presentations than most, and especially the Allies. If any of the companies or big names mentioned in this thread shows a trailer of what was an unannounced game, I'm going to be happy to watch it. It's only when they show me new trailers for games I've already seen that I feel things can vary between those "A+" letter grades and "D-" disappointments.

• I'm not very hyped for anything Nintendo rn, that's for sure. Mostly because all of their best stuff that we know of have been MIA for so long. I just want to see Metroid Prime 4, damn it!

From Capcom, I definitely want to see Pragmata again. I hope it's a third person action-adventure kind of game. I'm also excited to see if they have any other remake/remasters of their other franchises.

I guess I'm hyped to see more of Riders Republic in Ubisoft's show, I need something to make me really excited for it again. I will keep begging for a new Splinter Cell game, and I will especially be happy if it is super stealth focused again.

Xbox has sooo many cool things that they can show, the problem is that are they ready to show more of their games yet. I'm so hyped for Perfect Dark! Also interested in more of Avowed, Fable, and Everwild.

Bethesda is part of Xbox now, but I want to keep them separate because I feel like they have too much good stuff on their hands. I will eat up anything new from Arkane and Machine Games! Definitely hyped to see more of that Indiana Jones game.

All I need from Square Enix rn is more FF7 Remake Part 2 and Forspoken, especially the latter. I'm really curious about what that game will turn out to be. I'm also hyped for the new LiS game but I don't really need to see more of it, I'm sold already.

As for Sony, I would have to mention everything and everyone because I'm pretty much down to try out anything they release, but I'm also tempering my hype rn because I don't have a PS5 yet. I'm expecting the TLOU Part II Factions Mode to be shown anytime soon, I'm ready to spend so much time in that game again. Also, it's not exactly Sony, but more Ghostwire Tokyo would be very appreciated.

• @axel said in E3 2021 - Your Hype & Hopes!:

N64 games

• Given how big collections are becoming, and how Square Enix just loves making money.... I will always hope for an FF 1-6 collection and a Chrono series collection (Trigger, Radical Dreamers, Cross).

My dream is that after this past year, especially with the Summer GameFest, that this year's E3 is the last, and that we can finally pull the plug knowing it isn't needed anymore.

• @dipset said in E3 2021 - Your Hype & Hopes!:

Ubisoft
    I just want cringe here. Please give me a highlight reel of bad jokes.

The only reason I tune into E3.

• @scotty said in E3 2021 - Your Hype & Hopes!:

I HOPE they really started working on the PoP remake from the ground again and they show what they've been up to with that after all those criticism.

Forgot about that one, yeah I'm also very curious to see how much they improved it, if at all. Feels like the environments were already pretty decent in that first trailer, the issue was mostly on characters, so with all that extra time it could actually end up looking great.

And close the show with TLoU remake

I'm not sure TLoU remake is close to being released, the only reason we know about it is because of that Schreier leak. I have a feeling it's still at least a year or two away, but maybe I'm wrong. I can't think of anything that would make me buy that game again anyway.

@DIPSET said in E3 2021 - Your Hype & Hopes!:

Perfect Dark MP is classic arena shooter: No nonsense here. Perfect Dark is a fine tuned arena shooter with weapon pickups, solid pace, and gameplay tweaks between modes. Obviously feels modern but isn't trying to chase trends. Shamelessly an area shooter (like Halo).

Completely forgot about Perfect Dark! Might be too early to show anything, last time it sounded like they were still in early pre-prod. I believe it's meant to be singleplayer campaign focused anyway, no? I don't remember them saying it would be a MP arena shooter?

GT7 Sport Mode: I just want to see some online racing between humans. Seeing some fictional circuits would be a bonus.

Oh yes, I'm not a racing game fan at all but I just to WATCH that gorgeous game in action!

@bam541 said in E3 2021 - Your Hype & Hopes!:

I'm not very hyped for anything Nintendo rn, that's for sure. Mostly because all of their best stuff that we know of have been MIA for so long. I just want to see Metroid Prime 4, damn it!

I'm trying my best to not hope for Metroid Prime 4, my heart can't take another disappointment. I think it might be too early for gameplay, but maybe a new teaser trailer, some sexy planet shots, etc. Though that's not really Nintendo's style, can't remember any trailer from them that didn't feature gameplay at all.

Definitely hyped to see more of that Indiana Jones game.

This is why I made this thread, so many games I totally forgot about! Oh man, we're gonna be so crushed when 90% of our hopes are a no-show! ;)

• Sony We're finally going to see that Naughty Dog sci-fi game! ...It's just going to be TLoU2 online mode more than a year after release. It has a lot of potential I'll say that.

I hope some bombastic new IP is shown as I really have no interest for any sequel from an E3 standpoint. I want a continuation to GoW but it won't get me screaming, we know it's coming.

And of course, Nightmare Creatures remake by blue point!

MS Not expecting much but they are at a sweet spot for an E3 where they have a lot of stuff going on but very little seen in terms of gameplay, now it's the time to have some cool trailers. Hoping for some Gamepass bombs and that indies like the Artful Escape finally have release dates.

They'll probably show a lot a Halo but I don't care. I just want to play the game. Use E3 for cooler stuff.

Nintendo I'm hoping for Samus Returns ported for the Switch and not much more.

Show me botw2 gameplay and give me a date you cowards! I have the feeling with Covid delays and how incredible are their sales, even without major releases, we won't see nothing big until the Super Nintendo Switch comes out.

• Oh and how could we forget! We will almost certainly see the next Smash character revealed too!

Diablo or Kazuma Kiryu, make it happen!

• @axel said in E3 2021 - Your Hype & Hopes!:

I can't think of anything that would make me buy that game again anyway.

Bundle of two which first game is in the Part II form technically with 3-4 hours more story bits, maybe something like Left Behind? Second game remastered and not possible to play it outside the bundle in this remastered form(like Spider-Man) maybe.

Btw, now that I wrote it I'm curious about if they will also touch and remake the Left Behind too. Interesting...

• @axel

My only rationale about Perfect Dark being showable is based on how long the studio (I forget their name) existed before anything was announced. I can't believe they spent 4ish years "thinking" about a game rather than making progress on one.

If it doesn't have multiplayer, I'll be very disappointed considering Perfect Dark on N64 was just as much of a multiplayer game as it was a single player game. IMO, Perfect Dark without MP isn't even Perfect Dark. That would be like GoldenEye without MP.

• @axel
    It's obviously Kool-aid man