E3 2021 Wildcards

• @Axel has posted the official E3 2021 Hype & Hopes post, but I'm interested in any wildcard predictions you want to throw into the mix-the more insane the better.

• Sony is not just working on a system like Gamepass but they also dedicated some of their best people on bringing every top 100 game from previous PS gens to their service too with upscaled resolution and framerates.

• F-Zero Returns

• Thundercats game from Platinum

• Sony comes out with a new SOCOM release.

I know it's insanely unlikely but I want it so badly. I know the PS2 gamers will be happy. I also think it'll bring a lot of people out of the woodwork and back into gaming. Especially the military shooter crowd.

• @yoshi I want this. So so bad. But I have given up hope.

• @yoshi said in E3 2021 Wildcards:

F-Zero Returns

Wave Race returns.

• A New Deus Ex game announced. Adam Jenson Returns.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 release window.

New Banjo Kazooie announced ex vacarious visions & Toys for Bob staff announce a new studio under Microsoft.

• SONY announces the next evolution of portable gaming.

• You can now hunt wild Pikachus in the strangest Monster Hunter crossover yet.

• Forspoken ("Project Athia") has a slick new trailer which ends by rebranding it to "Final Fantasy Versus XVI".

• Command & Conquer gets a proper revival, and the new Temple of Nod can launch a COVID missile instead of nukes.

• Star Wars is licensed out to Nintendo, and they make a Mario Party or Smash Bros clone using only Star Wars characters.

• @chocobop said in E3 2021 Wildcards:

You can now hunt wild Pikachus in the strangest Monster Hunter crossover yet.

That would be one of the best crossovers ever!

• Sony hires Platinum Games to develop Gravity Rush 3.
    • Bluepoint is remaking Deus Ex.
    • The rumored TLOU Remake turns out to be a free DLC for TLOU Part II, adding the entire campaign of Part I.
    • Naughty Dog's next big project is The Order 1887.
    • Nintendo announces a beautiful new F-Zero game exclusively for Switch Pro.
    • Capcom announces a Dino Crisis remake... that is also a remake of RE Code Veronica at the same time. Crossovers!
    • Bethesda Game Studios finally switched engines, now using Unreal 5. Also, Starfield is coming like this September. Surprise!
    • Bandai Namco announces a remake of Ace Combat 4 or 5.

• Ubisoft announces another Rayman game that crosses over with Watch Dogs.

• @bam541 said in E3 2021 Wildcards:

Naughty Dog's next big project is The Order 1887.

Take me to Valhalla if that happens!

• BluePoint expands studio and works on TWO projects: Syphon Filter remake and Legend of Dragoon remake.

Nintendo announces a new F-Zero along with Black Bull being added to Smash.
    Also announces it bought back the rights to Custom Robo and is developing a new one with a competitive online focus.
    ALSO Square Enix is working on a full-on FFVIIIR quality remake of Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars.

Xbox completely scraps Halo Infinite and apologizes for letting 343 take a huge shit on the series for the past few entries. Hands the series over to Id or MachineGames.

• @bam541
    I can already see Steve getting killed by a raptor.

• @dmcmaster lol that would be such a fun trailer moment. Can't wait for the EZA reactions for that.

• @jdincinerator Where can I preorder?

• @el-shmiablo said in E3 2021 Wildcards:

BluePoint expands studio and works on TWO projects: Syphon Filter remake and Legend of Dragoon remake.

I will defend most PS1 games as having aged way better than people give it credit for, but Syphon Filter 3 is the only one that I think holds up. I would absolutely LOVE a reboot or remake of SF.

It perfectly embodies that sci-fi future Y2K aesthetic that I dearly miss and I hope a new version keeps that.

Xbox completely scraps Halo Infinite and apologizes for letting 343 take a huge shit on the series for the past few entries. Hands the series over to Id or MachineGames.

I think Machine Games needs to make a new Riddick game. I bet the demand for the IP is pretty low, but that crew (when they were the Starbreeze core members) have an insane amount of talent and some of the work they did on the Riddick remake in 2009 blew me away. They also made The Darkness 1 and I just feel like the Wolfenstein games, although good, are a bit too conservative of shooters and I want to see them get crazy with it again.

• @phbz Considering it's Ubisoft I'd say from the back of a van.