XBL has Achievements and PSN has Trophies; what should Nintendo have?

• I've noticed a trend of Pokemon using medals, and stickers were pretty popular on Miiverse. What would you like for Nintendo to have as their universal milestone measure?

I would be fine if Nintendo's version used medals, but they would probably view that as being too close to Sony.

• STICKERS!!!!!!

• Black and White ones for easy tasks
    • Colour ones for hard tasks
    • Motion ones for super hard tasks (think simple gifs)
    • A single shiny motion one for obtaining all stickers in a game

It is a spin on the PSN Trophy system but could be more Nintendo if you could use your unlocked stickers in other games, Miiverse, chat/PMs with other players, etc.

• Feel like trophies would be the icing with the cake being a solid unified online system. I like trophies but maybe four types is too many. I can imagine Nintendo doing something like Star, Moon and Sun Coin/Medals. I think three's enough. I just hope they push for some quality control

• I mean... this is what they're doing.
    https://my.nintendo.com/
    Pretty sure they're just going to expand this to reward game achievements with silver coins the same way it works with Miitomo now.

• Third party support

• I think Achievements is what they should do. Steam also uses Achievements, and people will call them that anyway.

• Global Moderator

@thenerdtheword said in XBL has Achievements and PSN has Trophies; what should Nintendo have?:

STICKERS!!!!!!

• Black and White ones for easy tasks
    • Colour ones for hard tasks
    • Motion ones for super hard tasks (think simple gifs)
    • A single shiny motion one for obtaining all stickers in a game

It is a spin on the PSN Trophy system but could be more Nintendo if you could use your unlocked stickers in other games, Miiverse, chat/PMs with other players, etc.

Funny enough they kind of did this with New Super Mario Bros Wiiu by unlocking stickers and stamps for use in messages to be posted on miiverse and in-game.

As cool as many of the hand drawn miiverse art is, I think having a steady supply of clip art could be pretty cool

• Mario coins

Gold - easy
    Red - medium
    Blue - hard

Not to mention the coin sound effect is quite satisfying to hear.
    Youtube Video

And unlocking all ,u get a item block with art and sound effect fitting the game your playing.

• Animal Crossing items, achieving stuff should give you animal crossing items for your town, built in on every NX

like playstation home but good

• Mushrooms.... you can go mushroom hunting in Nintendo games.

• Every milestone Miamoto's Mii pops up and tells you how much fun you're having on a scale of 1 to Star Fox.

• @flower_arrangement too savage...

I'm down for the coins or stickers. I just hope they have something. Ever since hearing the Allies talk about their platinums, it has made me pursue more trophies.

• eh i'd rather they focus on important things than some pointless trophy system, but if they must do something stickers were far more rewarding than seeing some shitty blip on my screen lol.

• I would really love if they did achievements.

Has anyone wondered if they are planning on implementing something for Miitomo? I mean as bad as that was, its still linked to your nintendo network account and as stupid as it would be its still cool to maybe show off some trophies, figures or clothing received from certain achievements.

• Video games. : /

• @Minamik
    I know everybody feels that way about Nintendo not having a lot of games, but isn't it safe to say that Nintendo as a Developer or a Publisher (whatever you want to call it) is the company with the highest number of releases or top releasing number of games. I guess what people really want to demand is for third party companies to release games for Nintendo consoles.

• Trophies were a spin on achievements and imo the idea of a trophy level and the platinum trophy are much better than Steam/XBL score system. However, they could do their own thing or kinda unify with the rest. I'd imagine Nintendo fans would like a spin on things though.

• Global Moderator

Since its Nintendo it would feel Nintendon't to have anything but coins of different values!

No fancy name, just call them coins! I keep calling it all trophys (yes I play playstation) and just points is too boring! some marker and cute pictures to it makes me wanna strive for them and play more of a game

• @edsortiz I can only play so many thousands of hours of Splatoon. :p

• I rather enjoyed the fact that in Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE they have their own trophies.

It's like they really wanted achievements of some sort but since Nintendo doesn't do that, they made their own.