Ranking the Sonic games

• 0_1621461769104_the sonics 2.jpg

Next month is the 30th anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog releasing in North America on June 23, 1991, and a month later for other regions. Since that time, over 1.14 billion Sonic game units have been sold and downloaded since the series debuted, according to the publisher.

What are your favorite and least favorite Sonic games?

• Here is my list:

1. Sonic Mania - Easily the best Sonic game. The stages, controls and soundtrack are all fantastic
    2. Sonic Generations - My favorite of the 3D Sonic games.
    3. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - An overall better game than Sonic 1. Great soundtrack.
    4. Sonic the Hedgehog (1991) - My first Sonic game. It's good but has some frustrating levels in the back half of the game.
    5. Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I - It doesn't look or feel right. It also doesn't have anything new.
    6. Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood - It's not BioWare's best work.

Edit: Only ranked games that I finished btw.

1. Sonic Mania. The game itself is great, I especially like how well most of the stages are visually designed. The music takes it over the top for me though, it's seriously one my favorite OSTs ever.

... (this is a space to help visualize the huge gap between these entries)

1. Sonic Heroes. This is a purely nostalgia driven pick for me. Haven't played it since I'm 8 years old, really loved it back then.
    2. Sonic Adventure. I think I bought the PS3 version on a whim one day and I really enjoyed it. Controls were janky and exploring is kinda confusing, but I really like the vibe of the game.
    3. Sonic Rivals 2. Didn't remember much of this other than that I played it a lot back then, it's one of the first PSP games I ever played.
    4. Sonic Forces. It's as edgy as it is boring.

I also played Sonic Generations for like an hour, it's fine, can't really rank it since I don't have enough time with it.

If there's one Sonic game I want to try out, it's Unleashed. Can't find a PS3 copy anywhere (without importing it)!

1. Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
    2. Sonic 3 & Knuckles
    3. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    4. Sonic Adventure 2
    5. Sonic the Hedhehog (8-bit)
    6. Sonic Adventure
    7. Sonic Chaos
    8. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (8-bit)
    9. Sonic the Hedgehog
    10. Sonic CD

That's all I played. Overall not a big fan of the series

• Sonic 2006 = GOAT