Is Monster Hunter Rise Worth It?

• I know, I know-I've seen lots of praise heaped upon Monster Hunter: Rise and I'm not going to doubt it's every bit as good as people say it is-but is it worth it? I've played Monster Hunter before including World, Freedom Unite and a bit of Tri-but these games seem so uninviting to me yet I'm tempted to try Rise out purely because people seem to really dig it. Perhaps Monster Hunter is a series best played with others and for those who don't mind spending hours slaying beasts-but I can't help but see these games as kinda identical despite the changes and revisions that have been made.

• They're definitely iterative, but wirebugs do change it a fair bit. I don't know if I'd tell you to buy it if you plan to play it completely alone, but if you have at least one friend to play hunts with, I personally think it is a good time.

• It feel like by saying you tried World, Freedom Unite, and Tri that you know the answer - you don't like them. There are changes but really the overall game is the same kind.

It would be like saying - I tried Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3 but didn't like them - should I try Demon Souls? I just couldn't get into Madden 215, 2016, 2017 but should I try the new one?

Personally I tried World and thought it was ok but I could tell to really get the most from the game I needed to really sink in a lot of hours and I just have to many games I want to play to devote to one so I am not playing the series.

• Download the demo and try out every weapon, if none of it click with you then don't buy the game.

@mbun said in Is Monster Hunter Rise Worth It?:

They're definitely iterative, but wirebugs do change it a fair bit. I don't know if I'd tell you to buy it if you plan to play it completely alone, but if you have at least one friend to play hunts with, I personally think it is a good time.

I put over 200 + hours in to Rise and played it completely solo, including Rampage quests.

• @danjin44 Sure, but I just don't think it is as fun as playing with others.

• @mbun said in Is Monster Hunter Rise Worth It?:

@danjin44 Sure, but I just don't think it is as fun as playing with others.

I'm not in to multiplayer so I always played MH games solo and I had a blast. Same with Souls series, I never played with other people, I never need for it.