Games that need a remaster

• What games from the last several generations deserve a remaster? A remake is also acceptable, but what games would especially benefit from being played on newer generation consoles?

Personally, the first thing that comes to mind for me and what gave me the thought was looking back on Castlevania. If Lords of Shadow 1 and 2 (maybe with Mirrors of Fate on the 3DS) came out on modern platforms with updated frame rates and resolutions, I would buy it DAY 1. They're not the best games in their genre or series, but they feel so unique and wonderful to something that should be played in October every year with their fantasy Gothic aesthetic.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

What other games would you consider a good case for being rereleased on modern platforms with the enhancements that come with it?

• @happygaming FYI Lord's of Shadow is on Steam.

• @el-shmiablo it’s true, I just don’t have a setup that supports a PC playthrough. I’d love a collection rerelease to also show that they care enough to put it out.

• If the Dead Space trilogy could get the same treatment as Mass Effect it would be sweet!

• This post is deleted!

• @happygaming They are on xbox one backwards compatibility. While not exactly a remaster they have eradicated screen tearing & steadied the framerate. Think it also upscales to 1080p or 4K but not to sure about that

I'd like a remaster of Shadow Heart's & Covenant just a resolution bump & some smoothing would do me.

Oh & the original Deus Ex though that probably needs a full Remake.

• Was also thinking of Remember Me, would love to have another chance to play that now that my PS3 is dead

• Without a doubt the one game that I think deserves a remaster the most:
    Youtube Video

• Just gonna throw Asura's Wrath out there, because I never played it and it looks cool as heck, would love to have "complete edition" sort of remaster.

Youtube Video

Speaking of games I have played, I would love to see Split/Second again. It's such a unique idea that is actually executed quite well.

Youtube Video

• Gex Gecko series

• Looking at my list of top games, some of the ones that jump out to me that could use an updated remaster/re-issue are:

Resistance: Fall of Man (or just the series in general)
    Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders

• Drakengard 3, really like the game but man the game run like shit. this game needs proper remaster/remake.

• @paulmci27
    Shadow hearts probably isn't happening, last I checked some Japanese bank or Investment firm has the IP after Sancoth (later Azure) went bankrupt.

• @dmcmaster Yeah heard that, think that IP could be lost forever unless some random game developer buys it.

• @dmcmaster there’s also the thing where the main character considers raping an unconscious girl that I feel like MIGHT not fly today.

• @e_zed_eh_intern
    Was that the first or second? Most of my time with Shadow Hearts was with the 3rd game but I did briefly play the first I think.

Also Xenosaga, I would absolutely love to see Xenosaga get remastered, and maybe give a more worthwhile reward to beating the super boss in 3 (which was swimsuit for KOS-MOS I believe)

• @dmcmaster first one

Just started Digital Devil Saga again. This needs a remaster. The PS2 Classics on PS3 look atrocious.

• What always hurts me is how online games eventually close down. Even Halo 3 on Xbox 360 is shutting down this year but thank god it was remastered for MCC.

I'd love to go back and play remasters of older online games:

• SOCOM II, 3
    • Warhawk
    • Battlefront 1 & 2
    • BF 1943, BF2

It would also be nice if a lot of older couch co-op games had the option to play them online co-op with a remaster:

• Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain
    • Resistance series (all games Campaign co-op)
    • LOTR games based on the film
    • The Warriors

EDIT: And to celebrate what we do have, that Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance Remastered is exactly the kind of thing I want more of (but not for $40).

• I rented this from Blockbuster back in the day. Just pulled it up and it looks like it was developed by Avalanche Software (Disney Infinity, Hogwarts Legacy) so no wonder I recall it fondly. I have a feeling this IP had no legs, but the covert art attracted my kid-brain and I think this perfectly embodies all of these random B-tier games that I can barely remember from the GC/PS2 era, but I'd love to play on modern systems. It'll never happen; especially if I can't even remember them, but I miss these games nevertheless.

Youtube Video