Games that need a remaster

• Gex Gecko series

• Looking at my list of top games, some of the ones that jump out to me that could use an updated remaster/re-issue are:

Resistance: Fall of Man (or just the series in general)
    Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders

• Drakengard 3, really like the game but man the game run like shit. this game needs proper remaster/remake.

• @paulmci27
    Shadow hearts probably isn't happening, last I checked some Japanese bank or Investment firm has the IP after Sancoth (later Azure) went bankrupt.

• @dmcmaster Yeah heard that, think that IP could be lost forever unless some random game developer buys it.

• @dmcmaster there’s also the thing where the main character considers raping an unconscious girl that I feel like MIGHT not fly today.

• @e_zed_eh_intern
    Was that the first or second? Most of my time with Shadow Hearts was with the 3rd game but I did briefly play the first I think.

Also Xenosaga, I would absolutely love to see Xenosaga get remastered, and maybe give a more worthwhile reward to beating the super boss in 3 (which was swimsuit for KOS-MOS I believe)

• @dmcmaster first one

Just started Digital Devil Saga again. This needs a remaster. The PS2 Classics on PS3 look atrocious.

• What always hurts me is how online games eventually close down. Even Halo 3 on Xbox 360 is shutting down this year but thank god it was remastered for MCC.

I'd love to go back and play remasters of older online games:

• SOCOM II, 3
    • Warhawk
    • Battlefront 1 & 2
    • BF 1943, BF2

It would also be nice if a lot of older couch co-op games had the option to play them online co-op with a remaster:

• Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain
    • Resistance series (all games Campaign co-op)
    • LOTR games based on the film
    • The Warriors

EDIT: And to celebrate what we do have, that Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance Remastered is exactly the kind of thing I want more of (but not for $40).

• I rented this from Blockbuster back in the day. Just pulled it up and it looks like it was developed by Avalanche Software (Disney Infinity, Hogwarts Legacy) so no wonder I recall it fondly. I have a feeling this IP had no legs, but the covert art attracted my kid-brain and I think this perfectly embodies all of these random B-tier games that I can barely remember from the GC/PS2 era, but I'd love to play on modern systems. It'll never happen; especially if I can't even remember them, but I miss these games nevertheless.

Youtube Video

• You know what? Shadows of the Empire deserves a remaster. I feel the game was highly regarded for a hot minute and then got relegated to being too old and janky (which it is). Give it some gameplay tweaks and better textures and it would be glorious again.

• @dipset
    Fun fact: there were like 5 Tak games, and a TV show from Nickoldeon. Was supposed to have a movie too.

• @dipset
    Battlefront 1 and 2 are still playable on PC and Xbox I think.