EZA curates June games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?

• A thread for examining the new games of June! Share your personal picks, interesting curios, and not quite there possibles...

Did you discover some small game that not everyone knows about?
    Share that and let us know what it is about!

Already know a thing or two that interests you?
    Make a list of your interests and/or possibles!

Don't know what's so great about an upcoming game you keep hearing about?
    Ask here!

Don't follow gaming news that closely and just want to passively see what BigGames™ people care about?
    This is the place!

~

Thread concept:

The basic idea is to list new games that you are interested in, as well as games you are potentially curious about or want to give wider attention to. You can briefly describe them or ask other people to help fill you in. The hope is that regular threads like these can act as a collective filter/discovery mechanism to help people decide what is worth checking out.

"New games" means any new title that is being released or ported this month in any capacity (not "backlogs/what you are playing this month"). The angle here is sharing your anticipation and promoting game discovery (as opposed to sharing comments about a first playthrough in progress - that belongs elsewhere).

• If you want a handy list that covers most of the major upcoming games of the month, here's a couple text lists of upcoming games:

Feel free to post other lists or list videos of upcoming releases that you find useful.

• Final request: If you are the first person to mention a game please provide (at minimum) a short sentence description. (If it is a very big AAA release though, then don't worry about it.) This is a good convention that makes the thread more useful as a discovery mechanism, and especially helps out anyone who doesn't follow the news as closely as you.

• Necromunda: Hired Gun looks hot af. 40K needs some more quality games like this.

• I'm looking forward to Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection, finally giving me a good opportunity to play the "modern" NG games.

Edge of Eternity is another one that raises some unique interest out of me. Watching footage, I think it is best summarized as "what an indie jrpg looks like in an era where FF15 and DQ11 are pushing ever more open worlds and detailed visuals". If you are used to most indie jrpgs being flat and pixelated then this one might impress you. The creators claim inspiration from "Final Fantasy, Lost Odyssey, Xenogears, and Shadow Hearts" and Yasunori Mitsuda contributed to the soundtrack.

• Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart has looked great in all the trailers and previews, which is why I have it as my Q2 Pop-Tart. It could even be a GOTY contender. I'm ready to finally get my hands on it on the 11th.

Also Mario Golf: Super Rush releases on the 25th. I don't care much for actual golf, but I've always enjoyed playing golf games.

• There's sooooo much that looks yummy this month! Sorry for the long post but I'm hyped!

On the 4th, Griftlands is finally coming out of early access and will be on Switch/PS/Xbox. I've had my eye on it for a while, it's developed by Klei who are a super talented dev team, so I'm eagerly waiting for reviews.

Youtube Video

Then the main event on the 10th, Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, I love this game so much, so can't wait to revisit it in its full glory, plus the Yuffie DLC looks very solid, so that will keep me busy most of the month.

Youtube Video

The next day (!) comes Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, and as awesome as it looks I might not pick it up at launch, because 80€. I have other games to play so I can wait.

On the 22nd, an intriguing and gorgeous metroidvania, ENDER LILIES: Quietus of the Knights. It's been on early access on Steam for a while and is getting overwhelmingly positive reviews, so could be a sleeper hit!

Youtube Video

On the same day, my toaster strudel, Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance. Still keeping an eye on it because I'm a huge fan of the Forgotten Realms setting and the Drizzt gang. A swimming in 7s would be enough for me to get it, but it looks more like it'll be drowning in 5s.

Youtube Video

Legend of Mana on the 24th. Love the Mana series, I thought the Trials remake was an awesome comeback last year, so I hope there will be an original game in that style in the future, they got a great formula there. But about Legend, I never played it, I heard it's a weird complex game, but has a fervent fanbase, so it could be a fun experiment.

Youtube Video

Mario Golf: Super Rush was already mentioned, it looks great but not sure how much I would realistically end up playing it, I'll just cautiously wait for reviews. Low priority compared to the rest of this list for me.

Finally, on the 25th, Scarlet Nexus. I've seen good feedback from people playing the demo, so I'll keep an eye on reviews, but it's also not at the top of my list yet.

Youtube Video

• My most anticipated game is R&C: Rift Apart this month, it's month's big boy.

I am also curios about Ghosts 'n Goblins remake because people mention how hard it's still and I want to try it, just to see if I will endure it until the end ör just rage quit it. 😬

Necromunda: Hired Gunwas talked with its trailer, I didn't watch it but it looks interesting.

I am not interested in Scarlet Nexus a bit but maybe trying the demo can change my mind.

Finally, I would be happy to get excited about FF7 remake Integrade if stupid stingy Square would at least give some kind of discount to people who got the game from PS+; because of that I said 'F**k it" and started the 2020 version so they won't earn anything from me. What a stupid business decision.

• I was very excited for Necromunda: Hired Gun, but the reviews so far aren't looking too hot, so I'll probably jump in when it's on sale or something.

I'm also excited for Chivalry 2. it seems like a fun, chaotic time.

I haven't played any of the Mana games, and Legend of Mana seems quite interesting to me, mostly because of the art style.

Still, there's a good chance I won't buy any of these games anytime soon, might just save my money for next month.

• Guilty Gear Strive and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is what I have pre-ordered.

Might also pick up FFVII Remake and Scarlet Nexus.

• @shoulderguy I fuckin love arcadey sports games.
    I was legit about to buy NHL21 last night because it comes with NHL94 Rewind.

• Was excited for Necromunda Hired Gun but its a broken mess on xbox I've put in for a refund.

• Here's a game that I stumbled upon sometime ago while doing research for my Fantasy Critic: Mighty Goose. It's a Metal Slug-esque shoot em up where you play as a goose, fucking everything up around you. I just found out that it was released like a few hours ago. The reviews on OpenCritic seem to be pretty good, apart from one really negative review which brought the score down quite a bit. It seems like a decent time so I'll pick it up when it shows up on my PSN store.

Youtube Video

• Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is the game I'm anticipating the most this month. I am pretty unfamiliar with the series, but it looks like it will be a must-buy PS5 game.

I'm super curious about Dark Alliance because I loved the PS2 game. Unfortunately, it looks mediocre so far.

And now, because of this thread, I'm intrigued by ENDER LILIES: Quietus of the Knights.

• Mario Golf: Super Rush can't be overlooked. Although golf is a silly game, when Mario commits to sports they can be some of the most enjoyable experiences you can have on any Nintendo console and Gold Rush looks like it'll hit a Whole In One or at least a Birdie.
    Youtube Video