Tv shows/movies Watching

• @TokyoSlim touche, I almost forgot Deadpool was this year! I've only seen a couple in theaters this year myself. Civil War was a little flat for me, but then again, there was a crying kid for half of it lol.

• I mostly watch educational based videos and shows on YouTube. So more recently, I've been seeing a lot of political based stuff and things happening around the world just to educate myself on certain matters. One topic I've been learning about is life in North Korea and how's life for defectors, particularity in South Korea.

On TV, I like to watch HDTV (a channel dedicated to the housing market). More specifically, house hunters and its variants. To learn about design and what's out there in the real estate market. Also love Dinners, Drive In's and Dives.

• @-Jak- You should check out this documentary i saw earlier this year Under The Sun.
    Youtube Video

Here's theaters where it's currently playing:
    http://www.icarusfilms.com/playdates.html#unsun

• @kirkking2000 If you have an Alamo Drafthouse in your area, you should watch movies there, no kids allowed! I promised I'm not saying this because they literally pay me every week... but it helps.

• For some reason I decided to make my day off Jake Gyllenhaal day and watched Enemy, End of Watch and Nightcrawler. Enemy I did not like that much (although I've loved Denis Villneuves other stuff) but EoW and Nightcrawler were pretty good.

Gyllenhaals character in Nightcrawler kind of reminded me of a more sociopathic version of Bosman.

• Just finished Stranger Things (season 1) really good, cant wait to see how they continue in a 2nd season

• @tokeeffe9 Its still very self contained, i have no problems with a little tease of a second season

• I've been watching Avatar: The Last Airbender, rewatching from a boxset I picked up last year. Presently making my pace through the followup series, The Legend of Korra. And, between it all, I've also been revisiting a beloved oldie from the late 80s/early 90s, Star Trek TNG. All these, to help while away lonely hours in between transitory stress.

• I just binged seasons 1 & 2 of Rick and Morty. It's one of the funniest animated shows I've seen in awhile. Tiny Rick!

@babpel91 said in Tv shows/movies Watching:

For some reason I decided to make my day off Jake Gyllenhaal day and watched Enemy, End of Watch and Nightcrawler. Enemy I did not like that much (although I've loved Denis Villneuves other stuff) but EoW and Nightcrawler were pretty good.

Gyllenhaals character in Nightcrawler kind of reminded me of a more sociopathic version of Bosman.

Love Jake Gyllenhaal, he's on a path to win an oscar. If you have another Gyllenhaal day I'd suggest Source Code, Southpaw, and his other collab with Villneuves, Prisoners. He's one of the best actors working today.

• Global Moderator

@TheChrisGriffin Hmmm, I don't think Gyllenhaal will ever win an oscar. Pretty sure both parties don't get along.

Sure it was insane he didn't get nominated for Nightcrawler.

• Gyllenhaal will probably win an Oscar at some point, he works too much in stuff that gets awards attention. Once he's aged out of action lead/heartthrob territory, he'll get more attention.

• @TheChrisGriffin He hasn't gotten an oscar yet, has he? Source Code and Prisoners I have seen, but Southpaw is on the list. Is it good? Normally I'm not that big into boxing movies.

@tokeeffe9 Yeah that's really absurd. His performance in Nightcrawler was insane. So much detail in the way he moved, talked, looked at other characters. Unbelievable.

• Jake Gyllenhaal's next role is in the film "Oscar", in which he plays a disgruntled trophy, fed up of being passed around one golden handshake after another, who finally snaps and decides to take award matters into his own hands.

Beeeeeeelieve me, this ain't no ordinary gold rush.

• Banned

Sorry i wasn't been on a while. I have been working alot. I just have been watching lots of tv's that i'm behind on like. Started watching Arrow and Flash. Next I will start watching all the NetFlix Marvel shows. I have also been watching lots of anime shows.

• @flower_arrangement said in Tv shows/movies Watching:

Jake Gyllenhaal's next role is in the film "Oscar", in which he plays a disgruntled trophy, fed up of being passed around one golden handshake after another, who finally snaps and decides to take award matters into his own hands.

Beeeeeeelieve me, this ain't no ordinary gold rush.

I post some weird shit when I'm high, holy shit.

• @tokeeffe9 I think an oscar is in his future. If he doesn't get one I can see it becoming another DiCaprio moment where everyone thinks he deserves one. Whether he gets one or not I hope he keeps picking great films. And yes, he definitely should have been nominated for Nightcrawler, but he was up against some other greats that year.

@babpel91 said in Tv shows/movies Watching:

@TheChrisGriffin He hasn't gotten an oscar yet, has he? Source Code and Prisoners I have seen, but Southpaw is on the list. Is it good? Normally I'm not that big into boxing movies.

No oscar yet.

Southpaw is extremely predictable. I constantly felt like I was 2 steps ahead of the film, but I loved everything about it. It's beautifully shot as well, had a great cinematographer and director. I'm also not into boxing at all. I went into the film not expecting to enjoy it but I loved it immensely.

• @Ringedwithtile Well he was nominated for Brokeback Mountain.. I agree though, I think he'll win one someday

Started Stranger Things.. it definitely lives up to the hype

• Banned

I just watched stranger things. OMG WOW WTF. Its so AMAZING. I can't wait for more future seasons.

• I finally finished Jessica Jones, which I began a long time ago, and I didn't want to start another series before I finished it, but now I'm ready to see what all the fuss is about with Stranger Things

• Saw Anomalisa yesterday, which I thought was pretty weak.

It's got a number of good things about it, but it's very mopey and one-note, and despite the strong animation I don't think there are many strong images in it. The impressionistic trappings don't really hold the thing together for me, as much as I like Tom Noonan's voice, because it doesn't end up formulating anything other than just another mid-life crisis narrative.

Also, I guess I have a weird thing about animation with such an intense attention to detail. There's a huge effort put into seeming realistic (in how things move, how people emote and especially the dialogue), that it puts me off, because it so obviously isn't real. So an awkward sex scene that should feel natural, comes off as really stilted and unnatural to me despite the insane amount of effort spent trying to do the opposite. I suppose it is that effort, and the fact that it's put into something so trivial that throws me off.