Next Community Vote

• Oh man, that's super late. That 2006 vote kinda stole this spot now, as I would prefer voting for the previous year always in January/February.

• I think I would have only a top 4 either way. I would prefer to do it now.

I don't see myself catching up to 2021 releases any time soon.

• I think it'd be good to do a 2005 GOTY as the next community vote and then the 2021 GOTY in May or June. I'm happy for the 2021 GOTY vote to be immediately though.

• I've played through everything I've wanted, so I'm ready to do it now.

• I nominate now. Putting it off last year felt really weird. While I JUST came into possession of a 2021 game I've yet to play for the first time and I don't foresee being able to start it, much less finish it, for quite awhile, I feel it's best if we continue with 2021 as the next vote. We're already practically at February and we can put off 2005 for a good bit as 2021 games are still somewhat fresh in our minds. However, no matter what, I'll participate in whichever year is next.

• I could use a couple more months to go through a few extra 2021 games, but if the majority wants to do it now I won't die on that hill :)

• I could use more months. If we did it now, I’d just be ordering the 4 games I played. We could also opt to not do a vote and just write out our lists and give a write up about it. Just an overall GOTY discussion.

• I would prefer we start it soon tbh. I still haven't played a lot of games (Returnal, Psychonauts 2, etc) but I got 19 games already so it is what it is. In the next few months I'll be focusing on new games anyways so I wont have time to play stuff from last year.

• If more people than not say "vote now", perhaps those who still have games on their docket could just watch streams to get a sense of them? Unless it's a game that released right at the end of the year, wouldn't having a major release backlogged mean the player isn't super passionate about it? I suppose they just couldn't afford them close to release, though (that's my problem, typically)...

• @oscillator I'm not gonna spoil myself just for the sake of the forums vote. In my case, I've just been extremely busy with work last year, still am, so there's games I bought like Deathloop but haven't had the time to touch yet.

I do agree that the games I chose to play over others are the ones I was most passionate about, but sometimes a game you didn't expect to love ends up being amazing.

I don't understand the urge to have the vote now, but I'll follow the majority.

• @axel said in Next Community Vote:

I've just been extremely busy with work last year, still am, so there's games I bought like Deathloop but haven't had the time to touch yet.

Yeah, this can be the case too. :\

• @axel said in Next Community Vote:

@oscillator I'm not gonna spoil myself just for the sake of the forums vote. In my case, I've just been extremely busy with work last year, still am, so there's games I bought like Deathloop but haven't had the time to touch yet.

I do agree that the games I chose to play over others are the ones I was most passionate about, but sometimes a game you didn't expect to love ends up being amazing.

I don't understand the urge to have the vote now, but I'll follow the majority.

Yeah I am more or less the same.

I don't have an urge to vote now though. I could go either way.

• Now: Sentinel Beach, ffff0, Brannox, bam541, Shoulderguy

Either way: NeoCweeny, Oscillator(?), JDINCINERATOR

Later: Axel, DIPSET

[updated]

• I'm ready to vote now but I'm also okay with voting later. Like @bam541, I will be focusing mostly on 2022 games until the end of the year.

• @sentinel-beach Actually I don't mind either way but I didn't clarify that properly.

• It seems like the majority of us are ready to vote now but I could make a straw poll just to be sure.

• I've been putting my top 10 in now for about 15 years and it was always done at the end of the year, just like all the youtubers and such do.

• I don't see anyone requesting a straw poll vote, so I'll start the Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2021 topic soon.

• Just to clarify, I don't participate in GOTYs. My suggestion of an option for those not ready to participate was from an outsider's perspective, and was not intended to be a vote either way.

• Hey everyone, is there any interest in doing another retro GOTY vote?

I'd like to continue going back another year and 2005 would be next. Which is not one of my favorite years for games but I'm curious to see what makes the top 20/25.