Next Community Vote

• As long as Wall-E is near the bottom.

• @scotty What's wrong with Wall-E?

• Banned

Wouldn't it be kind of pointless to have a Top Pixar Movie countdown when Inside Out is objectively their best work?

• @scotty We've found it everybody! The worst take!

• @jdincinerator

It's been years since I watched it but I remember that I didn't like it one bit and surprised about how I am in the minority.

• @scotty I think it's worth revisiting if haven't seen it for several years-it can be surprising how good some films are after you've matured some.

• I think it would be really interesting if we did a vote on the best games of 2012 or 2014 because those two years seem to throw around different GOTY games. I don't think either of GTs picks for those years-X-Com: Enemy Unknown or Hearthstone will top or even be on those lists.

• @shoulderguy Ahh I should've looked them up-thanks for the links.

• @JDINCINERATOR When is the next community vote?

• @shoulderguy Whenever you want it really. If you want to take the reigns I'm ok with that too.

• @jdincinerator I think we could finish one before 2021 GOTY's. And yeah I'm okay with managing it this time.

• @shoulderguy Yeah absolutely and you have fun with managing it. As for a recommendation for a top 25 or top 50, I think the community have expressed their interest in doing an up-to-date greatest of all time list, so that's something you could put together provided others are on board as well. Also if you're struggling or need advice then I will be glad to help. @Axel has way more experience at this than I, so he'll be of more assistance I think.

• @jdincinerator I was thinking of doing 2007 or 1999 GOTY. I see that Pixar movies was also suggested, but I haven't seen many Pixar movies myself. I would be interested in doing the best Studio Ghibli movies though. I'm curious what everyone else wants to vote on next?

• @shoulderguy said in Next Community Vote:

@jdincinerator I was thinking of doing 2007 or 1999 GOTY. I see that Pixar movies was also suggested, but I haven't seen many Pixar movies myself. I would be interested in doing the best Studio Ghibli movies though. I'm curious what everyone else wants to vote on next?

I'm personally a big fan of 1999 games. Here's a box art collage I contributed to a 1999 gaming thread on Resetera:

alt text

• @shoulderguy I'm fine with either one, both are great years.

• Just wanted to jump in and say I personally not only would be cool with doing either (to be honest, we should wind up doing both, it's just really when we wish to do them), but also, as a reminder, the 2008 vote has not been moved, so if we DO proceed with another, I think it's important to make it known to whomever has the power to move threads (if anyone with said power still logs in now-a-days) that not only should that be moved to be with all the others in the Hall of Fame sub-forum, but the next vote could do with some form of prep to make it easier for a move over once it's done as well.

As far as doing a vote that's not game related, since my interests are mostly games, I don't know if I would be able to participate with my limited knowledge. HOWEVER, IF everyone would prefer to do one that isn't gaming (Regardless of what it would be), I think it would be wise for such a thread/vote to be created underneath the "General" Sub-forum, and I would enjoy watching it take place without the need to be involved.

And lastly, regarding making another pass at our top games of all time thread, the reason that is/was so strong was participation, and there's nowhere near the amount of people that visit the forums like when that list was created. So while I'm game to give it a shot, I do feel compelled to point out it might be a little muted, both in terms of games brought and a LOT more ties or less point total to have a healthy separation. 44 people were involved in that and I think in order for an update to be worth it, I think we would need at MINIMUM half that and (this my perception and I could EASILY be wrong) it feels like the Forums only have half of THAT (so roughly a dozen in total) who pop in every once in a while across the ENTIRE site.

• I feel that doing 1999 GOTY will leave quite a few voters out. I was only 6-7 in 1999 and I didn't have access to many of the games that came out in that year so would oblige myself not to vote. 2007 GOTY is far easier for me and many of us because I imagine many if not all of us were able to play the games in that year.

• Yeah, like, 1999 was a magical time and I remember it quite well actually, but I was only 6 years old and wasn’t super into playing all of the best video games yet. I’ve played many 1999 games since then, but I would be more qualified for 2007.

Also, 2007 will be a blood bath. It’s my all time favourite year in video games and I’d need to rank these absolute classics in my head which might be impossible when push comes to shove. Another factor is that a lot of 2007 games I wasn’t a big fan of then but I consider classic now.

Can we vote for like 3 #1’s in 2007 lol

• It seems like 2007 has slightly more support and I agree that 1999 would leave out more voters. So I'll get started on the topic for GOTY 2007.