Your Most Anticipated Games of 2021, Post-E3

• While there are surely more showcases and announcements to come, this week's E3 period has confirmed that this year has a lot to offer already, with many new reveals or confirmed dates for previously announced games. I'm interested to know what games you guys are most excited about right now. I would love for you guys to list as many games as possible, but that might make this thread be too crowded, so I'll ask you to name three to five games that you're most looking forward to (or more, if you're cool with rapid firing them without using too much space). You can either just name them or add extra stuff like why you're excited for it, screenshots, trailers, etc.

My excitement for many games is primarily hampered by the fact that I don't have a next-gen capable hardware yet, so I can't be too excited for stuff like Deathloop and Battlefield 2042. I only have a PS4 and Switch rn so that limits things for me. Anyway, here's my list, from least to most hyped for:

Riders Republic. The only thing that worries me about this game is the potential of Ubisoft's usual tendencies (flat humor and basic open world structure especially) showing up and making the game feel more stale than it is. I was already excited for this since the first time they showed it, but the E3 trailer is so well done, so I'm even more hyped now.

Life is Strange: True Colors. Putting the murder story aside, the setting of the game looks cozy and lovely as heck. The premise of the story is cool, and the characters seem likeable. I also really like the idea of the empathy power, and it could be fun to see how people manifest their feelings differently. I think that's mostly up to the presentation and production value, which does seem higher in quality than previous LiS games.

Metroid: Dread. I never played any Metroid game before, and this looks hype af. Metroidvanias always intimidate me, but there's just something about this that makes me ignore that feeling, and I want to just jump in and give it a go.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD. Something about this game just speaks to me, and I've been looking forward to try it for years. The fact that a lot of people dislike it makes me extra curious, tbh. Not excited to pay the Nintendo Tax, but it is what it is. I just hope it's not a lazy port attempt.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits. I absolutely love pretty much everything I've seen from this game. The art style, the cute little Rots, the action-adventure gameplay, the Southeast Asian influences, and so on. I know this is the dev's first rodeo, but hopefully this will be a banger. Great debuts have happened before!

Shoutout to The Falconeer which comes out on PS4 and Switch later this year, I have been wanting to try that out too. Also shout out to the tons of indies with unconfirmed dates, I feel like indies tend to push their dates often so I want to hold back on that front.

• Metroid Dread.
    Youtube Video

• Riders Republic
    The new trailer certainly looked better then the last time it was shown, looks more SSX/THPS then Steep.

**Fatal Frame 5 **
    It's just a port but one that I might double dip on just so the franchise gets some sales in the west.

Metroid Dread
    It's a new 2D Metroid, nuff said

Breath of the Wild 2
    Same as above.

• @dmcmaster For a second I thought you said that BOTW 2 is a new 2D metroid and I had a good chuckle. Who knows, Nintendo might do just that.

• Hades (August 13th)
    Life Is Strange: True Colors (September 10th)
    Lost Judgment (September 24th)
    Far Cry 6 (October 7th)
    Guardians of the Galaxy (October 26th)

• Metroid Dread New Metroid, nuff said.
    Life is Strange: True Colours Absolutely adored the first game. Haven't played the second game but a good buddy said don't bother. Hoping this one is a banger.
    Guardians of the Galaxy My love of capeshit makes me more excited for this than I probably should be.
    Elden Ring Looks basically like Dark Souls 4 Open World Edition. Very excited.

• I feel like I have a lot to look forward to in 2021 and 2022. E3 might not be the powerhouse it once was, but I also don't need Metal Gear Solid 6 in VR to get excited either.

PEAK ANTICIPATION

Battlefield 2042

This was a pretty great showing. A hype ass scripted CG trailer that is a nod to both Battlefield as a series, it's fans, and it exists to just say "LET'S GOOOOOO!"

The gameplay trailer was pretty solid too. Again, to the point. Hands off demo has a lot of BF community members quite happy with what they saw. Roadmap is clearly a multi-year endeavour. I suspect this will be a good game for 2-3 years.

--

Halo Infinite

Skeptically excited. I've rewatched the multiplayer trailer a few times and I think if the gear like grappling hook, shields, rocket deflectors, and whatever else they might be hiding, is all a pickup on the map, then there will be a good dynamic of whether to go for a power weapon or an equipment pickup. 343i isn't the best at game balance and I worry a clear meta will form but it's waaaaaay too early to tell.

All I know is that if this is a good game, my buddies and I will play it for years to come.

HIGH ANTICIPATION

Riders Republic

What's not to like? I am all in on a downhill biking video games (we haven't had a great one since the masterpiece Downhill Domination on PS2) so the other playable sports are just a bonus for me.

1st person downhill biking on technical terrain looked really friggin fun. If you can upgrade your bike with better parts as you progress through the game, I expect a pretty rich gameplay loop. It would also be nice if there were different builds you can create such as fast bike vs more stable bike.

I wasn't super into Steep because of the ski-bum Whistler/Vermont bro aesthetics, but this game looks off the wall and I've warmed up to the "generic" zaney vibe of it.

--

Metroid Dread

It's a 2D Metroid game in the actual Metroid series. There is no doubt in my mind that this will be a great game, but the competition is so steep nowadays that things might've gone full circle and there is a chance Nintendo needs to follow in the footsteps of the people they influenced.

ANTICIPATED

Life Is Strange: True Colors

LiS Remastered is probably what I'm looking forward to the most tbh, but Deck Nine did a fantastic job designing Before The Storm so I have no reason to believe this won't be a great game. LiS2 left a pretty bad taste in my mouth but this is a whole new studio and I can already tell this game is a lot more focused than LiS2 was.

--

Starfield

Described by Bethesda as Skyrim in space". I didn't love Skyrim or Fallout 4 but the Bethesda open world RPG formula is probably the best RPG formula in gaming so I look forward to this despite knowing nothing about it.

--

Elden Ring

It looks like Dark Souls on cocaine.

STILL HOLDING OUT HOPE

Vampire The Masquerade 2

It'll show well at E3 2022... right?

TES6

This will show well at E3 2025!

• No particular order

Elden Ring
    Stalker 2
    Atomic Heart
    Plague Tale
    Forza Horizon 5
    Psychonauts 2
    Sable
    Death Trash
    Eternal Cylinder
    BotW2
    Mario + Rabbids
    Replaced (fingers crossed)
    Tunic

Might be missing something. There's was some stuff from the Wholesome show but I was too high Tbh.

• How could I forget Forza Horizon 5. That one is highly anticipated too. However, FH4 is still kinda fresh in my mind. It didn't release yesterday but it feels like yesterday. Also not sure how you top the UK setting with Hospital Records playing overtop the whole time. Mexico is a nice world too but FH4 had vibes that'll be hard to top.

Gonna look so good on my Ultrawide though. I need a PC upgrade for games like FH5.

• Full list in order of Highest to Lowest Anticipation:

HIGHEST (Will buy day one, no matter what):

All installments of Final Fantasy VII: Remake
    Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis
    God of War: Ragnarok

HIGH (Likely day one buy, but not critical):

Horizon: Forbidden West

MEDIUM (Looking forward to it, unsure if it's a day one buy):

Prodeus (Console port)
    Kena: Bridge of Spirits
    Back 4 Blood
    Final Fantasy XVI
    A Plague Tale: Requiem
    Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

LOW (I need more information about it. Could rise or fall off list entirely):

Redfall
    Ghostrunner 2
    Replaced
    The next Mass Effect
    The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe
    Wrath: Aeon of Ruin Console release
    Halo: Infinite

LOWEST (Much more likely to never get, but still a chance to improve dependent on certain, but still pending, details):

Somerville
    Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

• I thought this was for the games coming now on the latter half of 2021, not for all the anticipated.

• @sentinel-beach Personally, there are very few games that are hard confirmed to reach this year, and some are hoping to make it. I just prefer to give my full list, regardless of date, and it's been some time since there's been an Anticipated topic thread.

• (Can't wait!!!) 12 Minutes
    (Can't wait!!!) Kena: Bridge of Spirits
    Phyconauts 2
    GotG
    Life is Strange: True Colors

From the E3 showings with the release date of 2021.

• @bam541
    That's right it's the cross over no one saw coming Link in Space and Samus in a FPS adventure on Hyrule.

• In terms of games coming out this year, I'm hopeful about Infinite's campaign (but not the multiplayer). I also love how the Mario Party remake looks, but I played them to death back in the day...

• My 5 most anticipated for the second half of 2021:

Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin (7/9)
    Kena: Bridge of Spirits (8/24)
    Psychonauts 2 (8/25)
    Horizon Forbidden West (Q4 2021)
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (2021)

• @shoulderguy

Last two are definitely on my radar too. Hopefully TMNT is nothing more than 20-30 bucks or better yet included in the Gamepass day one!

Also do we know that we should play the first Psychonauts first or we will be just fine going into second one without it?

• Shin Megami Tensei V
    Youtube Video

Elden Ring
    Youtube Video

Tales of Arise
    Youtube Video

Scarlet Nexus
    Youtube Video

Relayer
    Youtube Video

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
    Youtube Video

Legend of Zelda Breath of Wild 2
    Youtube Video

Kena: Brige of Sprites
    Youtube Video

Final Fantasy XVI
    Youtube Video

Dragon Quest XII
    Youtube Video

Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake
    Youtube Video

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
    Youtube Video

Project Triangle
    Youtube Video

Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp
    Youtube Video

No More Heroes 3
    Youtube Video

• Metroid Dread is the biggest E3 announcement in so many years for me.

I'm unbelievably excited for that game. Samus Returns on 3DS was surprisingly one of the absolute best Metroid games ever made so I have a lot of confidence in this one.

If Dragon Quest 3 remake comes out this year, that's way up there too. DQ3 was my first RPG and has such a special place in my heart.

• Metroid Dread and Metal Slug Tactics.

Completely surprised by those two announcements.