Metroid Dread thread

• @bigdude1 said in Metroid Dread thread:

I say this because you implied you needed to be. feel like if you liked shadow complex you should like metroid. unless you don't like the heavy sci fi fantasy elements. your argument on price is really nonsensical

I never did imply that, and I have no idea where you're getting it from. The heavy sci fi elements don't bother me, but I am not big on Metroid style games. Welcome to life, not everyone is interested in the same things you are. That is not nonsense. If someone don't want to pay for full price for Dread..oh, well. I could not care less. Some one wants to pay full price, oh well. It does not bother me at all either way.

@bigdude1 said in Metroid Dread thread:

are you not interested in it

Exactly. We're done here. That is all there is to it, don't bother responding back if you're gonna keep rambling like this. I will ignore you.

• No interest in getting in the middle of this, but just want to remind people that lots of online retailers (at least in the US, places like Walmart and Amazon) offer new games $10 off around launch, so even Nintendo games you can get for $50 instead of $60. Did it recently with Skyward Sword, because everyone was trying to convince me it wasn't worth $60 when it was originally sold for $50. It ended up being totally worth $60, but I'm also not going to complain about saving the $10.

Point is, if to you this only looks slightly better than the handheld Metroids sold for $40, that might be an option for you. Sorry for everyone who lives places where games are treated like shit and you're basically exploited with ridiculous prices for everything with no deals available ever. Can't do much about that unfortunately, unless Nintendo still offers their Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers in your territory, where you can basically save $10 per game on the price of 2 full price games at once or look at it as $20 off one and full price for the other. Salty they took that away from us here, but least we have other deals to compensate.

• @brawlman “I don’t like Metroid style games except this game that copied Metroid exactly also its not worth more than that game. “

It’s a dumb argument. Say it’s like a xbla game all you want there isn’t a single game in the same league

• Banned

@bigdude1 I get it. How Nintendo valuates their games is a big part of the reason I don't buy them very often.

For instance, if I want to buy a game on literally any other platform than Switch I can wait about 4-6 months and get it for 50-75% off.
    If I want to buy a Nintendo game, I can wait about 4-6 years and I might get it for 15-20% if I'm lucky.

Dread does not look like a game I would be willing to spend full price on, and so I am forced to wait nearly half a decade for it to maybe reach a price I am comfortable with.

• @el-shmiablo the perceived value is what’s dumb about it. You either want it or you don’t. Idk why you would want to wait a 5 years just to miss out on game experiences.I get games on sale too but it has more to do with how much time I have to play the games. But I’m admittedly a pretty serious gamer

• Banned

@bigdude1 I mean, I don't really give a fuck how people think of how I perceive the value of games. I don't think it looks worth paying full price for, and I don't have a problem waiting to play it.

The last game I paid full price for was God of War 2018. Barring Metroid Prime 4 being released, God of War Ragnarok will probably be the next game I pay full price for.

• I already payed 100 euro for this game XD (collector's edition)

• @neocweeny lol so many people complaining about how it sold out within seconds from "scalpers" when i see Americans complain on social medias about the limited edition game.

in Australia the special edition pre-orders were up for like a month before they disappeared. pre-ordered 2 special editions and 3 of the Amiibo pack's for myself lol

• just got a $200 voucher from work today.

thanks for paying for my 2 Metroid Dread Special Editions and Amiibo packs work :3

• Demo previews are up
    Youtube Video

• @yoshi it sold out when I hit refresh. Same for smtv

• @bigdude1 the special edition? or the even the standard retail game?

• https://opencritic.com/game/11621/metroid-dread

88 bitchezzzzzz, that's good stuff, can't wait for Friday!

• I wanna play it pretty badly actually but no time. STILL chipping away at Yakuza and I have Nier Replicant. 88 is Amazing though. I LOVE me a good Metroid and I'm glad Nintendo is in good form with a somewhat abused franchise (at times).

• 0_1633557723330_images.jpeg-121.jpg

• Banned

I don't get it.

• I hope at the very least some people here learned a lesson about judging games too early. Remember, if you always make a stink to devs with not showing enough to sell you on something immediately, you just push them to kick out spoiler laden trailers and shove way too much of the game down your throat to convince you later. Doesn't cost you anything to just wait for more trailers or impressions down the road if something you want to be interested in doesn't hook you immediately.

I guess the only place the early impressions really matter are if you want a Special Edition, but I feel like typically you know immediately whether you're on the hook for that or not. Also maybe you could just order one to be safe and cancel the preorder later if something was looking bad? I don't know if they typically lock you in. I'm the last person to give Special Edition advice. I'm sure someone else here has more experience on that front.

• @mbun said in Metroid Dread thread:

Also maybe you could just order one to be safe and cancel the preorder later if something was looking bad? I don't know if they typically lock you in.

you can literally always cancel your pre-order special edition or not. it's funny watching people be all hesitant, not pre-order and then cry about scalpers later on when they never bothered to pre-order in the first place.

• @yoshi Sometimes those also sell out like immediately even if you're on top of it, so I don't think it is that cut and dry, but that's good to know you can still cancel those expensive ass editions.