Metroid Dread thread

• Banned

@yoshi Finding it, making comments about my wife in forum posts and in IMs to me.
    Spamming my comments on every upload I made to YouTube for months.
    Also, you realize that there isn't a statute of limitations on being a stalker creep, right? 7 years or 7 minutes, you still went completely out of your way to do some creepy shit and refuse to take responsibility for it. Are you actually unable to understand that?

Like I said, you clearly can't take responsibility for anything, so just keep doing you. Maybe one day you'll learn.
    I would bet money against that, but we can only hope.

@E_Zed_Eh_Intern I think so. It's basically just JD keeping the forums alive at this point.

• @e_zed_eh_intern apparently

• @el-shmiablo so basically even though mods have told both myself and you off loads of times before, even when i call for a truce, you're just going to keep up your vendetta and continue flamebaiting me are you?

ok i'll just keep flagging your insults for moderation then. if mods even exist anymore that is.

• Banned

@yoshi If that is what you've taken from all this, sure.

• @el-shmiablo said in Metroid Dread thread:

It's basically just JD keeping the forums alive at this point.

He shouldn't have to.

Your constant, bitter flamewar with Yoshi is killing this forum more than anything else. We can barely have a single thread now without an argument arising between the two of you. No, it's not even an argument because that implies discourse, it's just bickering. It is nonsense, and it is exhausting. When is enough enough? Aren't you two tired of being beacons of incessant negativity? I don't know how you can both log on everyday and seek conflict. Aren't you tired of it? Any fun that is to be had here is draining in the face of the vitriol that you two are always spewing.

Shmiablo, you seem like a fine dude. In the times we've talked you have been kind to me, but don't say that JD is the one keeping it alive when you're the one killing it. I can't deal with it anymore.

• Let’s keep the discussion to Metroid please

• @bigdude1 glad to.

Although mentioning the Morph Ball was
    way too spoilery apparently

• Launch trailer
    Youtube Video

• just got the Storm Missile. this game is definitely a GOTY contender. might even be my Game of the Decade it's that good.

pretty sure i've still got a fair bit to go but the story has been crazy so far.

for maximum enjoyment i recommend people play Metroid Dread at Night with the lights off. it adds so much to the atmosphere. this is a borderline god damn horror game lol

• @yoshi STOP

• @e_zed_eh_intern oh now you're going to get pissed off too because i mentioned a new item they've heavily advertised?

i don't even have to mention story details for you guys to get all spoiler paranoid.

• @bigdude1 said in Metroid Dread thread:

Let’s keep the discussion to Metroid please

literally imposible if E Zed's response is anything to go by.

• Saw a bit of the Digital Foundry video, seeing that Another World was such an obvious inspiration for Dread just filled my heart with joy. Price point pisses me off but I'll end up buying it.

• It arrived. Sadly I won't be home for like 3 days.

• Yeah I bought it as well just sounds too much like a game I would enjoy,

Plan to flip it though, especially if the lengths I've seen are accurate.

• Just ordered from Amazon. It's never really been a franchise I cared for all that much but I fancied something a little different for a change. It's arriving tomorrow 😊

• Said Fuck it, got it downloading onto my Switch via hotel wifi, yay.

• I will try to play this before GOTY. Fuck it sounds awesome. Especially hearing the intro level is intense.

• currently stuck on an energy tank puzzle

Spoiler currently stuck on an energy tank puzzle in Artaria. the one where you have to use the Speed Booster. even watching gamexplains video on how to do it still hasn't helped me complete it successfully. how do you get through the morph ball tunnel, jump and then flash shift all without using up your speed boost charge? any help would be really appreaciated.

Spoiler 1_1633856773701_FB_IMG_1633856607557.jpg 0_1633856773650_FB_IMG_1633856604719.jpg

• Finished Dread now, would recommend is all I'll say, but what I really want to write about is how earlier tonight I looked at the Twitch sidebar, and it was nothing but people playing Dread, so I guess Nintendo's hardcore marketing push for this really paid off.