Metroid Dread thread

• Banned

@bigdude1 Personally I'd say Hollow is a phenomenal 15 dollar game and Dread is an okay 30-40 dollar game.

• @el-shmiablo sounds more like personal bias. It means nothing from someone who appears to not played it yet

• Banned

@bigdude1 Not sure what gives you that idea other than some whiny babies throwing a fit over me not liking a game, but whatever helps get you through the day my dude.

• @el-shmiablo you seem to be acting more like a baby than anyone else. I honestly expected better of you. But hey whatever floats your boat. I’m not the person talking endlessly about a game I never played. Misinformed on top of that.

• Banned

@bigdude1 Like I said, whatever helps you cope. I've played it, but keep on pushing your narrative. Maybe one day it will come true!

• @el-shmiablo it is true. Unfortunately. If you did play it you wouldn’t have had such uninformed opinions and lack of actual insight.

• Banned

Lol what the fuck is going on with dudes in these forums having existential crisis over me not liking videogames?

Like I'm being gaslit over fucking Metroid.
    Fucking LMAO

• Easy Ally

I don't care if you do or don't like Metroid. Obviously that is totally fine, but this agitated bickering is derailing any meaningful conversation and making it harder for others to earnestly participate. This is your warning.

• @el-shmiablo you misread my post. Let’s just drop it.

Btw my current Metroid file says I put 5 hours into it when I know I put in around 8. It just is kinda unfortunate that there is no game timer on the console like the Wii, Wii U, 3ds

I’d say it’s around 10 hours for a Metroid veteran judging by full playthrough times I’m seeing on YouTube

• Banned

@bigdude1 Unless I am completely misunderstanding your post, it seems like you're implying I haven't played the game. I have.
    Whatever opinion you have of how I feel about the game after that is completely irrelevant.

If you'd like to discuss the game, fine, but attempting to gaslight me about games I have played is hilarious, and a little sad.

The game is just okay, and I think it is massively overpriced. The end. If you don't agree, I don't care. Please try to move on.

• @el-shmiablo that’s cool. Say something about the game. Talk about the specifics not your trash opinion on pricing comparing it to a vastly inferior indie game that’s not even close to a Metroid game.
    I say you didn’t play it because all
    Your comments are shallow and you are just posting Twitter memes. Especially since you have been regurgitating the same comments even before launch. If you had actual opinions on the content of the game I would have more respect on the opinions.

• Banned

@bigdude1 I've been saying stuff about the game dude. Whether you like what I have to say about it doesn't really concern me, and you should really stop taking my opinion of the game to heart. I don't like the game not the people who play it.

As for your opinion on Hollow Knight, I don't really care. I think it is one of the best games released in the past decade, by far the best Metroidvania released in that same span, and find the content/quality to price ratio to be phenomenal.

But if you're just really starved for my specific gripes:
    I think the game is a little too linear and hand-holdy.
    EMMI encounters are pretty fucking lame and mostly serve to pad out the game with chase sequences that are more annoying than suspenseful.
    I think the bosses range from decent to straight up bad. Kraid's first phase is downright embarrassing.
    I think the story's over reliance on a certain character in Metroid lore to push the events of the game is lazy storytelling.

Is that enough, or do I have some sort of quota I'm supposed to meet in order for you to think my opinion is valid?

• Just to get the discussion back to the game. I still haven't changed my opinion about it, it's OK, particularly for today's standards. I strongly believe if it wasn't Metroid and Nintendo this would be just a cool game that pushes nothing forward. Much of my disappointment with the reveal still stands as I now play it.

Above all my main complain is that I have this feeling that level layout was done by an algorithm. Exploration doesn't flow organically and it's way too convoluted. Makes me go to the map way more frequently than what I feel is reasonable. This along with some of the new core mechanics, is making the whole experience, not hard or easy, but kind of annoying. Loading times don't help either.

It's very far from being bad. Particularly if you are a Metroid fan it does a good job modernizing it while remaining true to itself. But... that's just not enough to get nowhere near to being top tier in the genre.

The pricing thing... depends from person to person. But it is impossible not to compare it with HK and Ori 2, which to me are the absolute modern standards, and you could buy both for less than the price of Dread. It is what it is but for context, that's like 10% of the minimum wage where I live.

• @el-shmiablo Kraid’s first phase meme huh? You must browse 4chan and saw the webm

There was nothing wrong with it as it was just phase one lol

• Banned

@bigdude1 Holy shit dude. I don't fucking care.
    You told me to talk about the game. Ive been doing that. I gave you my specific complaint about the game, as per your request, and you go straight back to the gas lighting.

Grow up.

• @phbz I would think that if I actually liked any of the bootleg Metroid copies anywhere close to as much . Shadow complex was alright but simple by comparison. Axiom verge failed to live up to its inspiration. For me this absolutely did. Peak Metroid.

• @el-shmiablo it hits hard huh. It’s a pretty shallow complaint for a 15 second phase. Did you complain about that in super Metroid too?

• @el-shmiablo am I not supposed to talk to you about it. It is a forum after all.

• Banned

@bigdude1 You can talk to me whenever you want, lil dude. Personally I would just prefer if the posts you direct at me weren't so laden with misinformation, logical fallacies, and straight up lies to push this really strange narrative you've built up in your head.

So talk more about the game, and less about how in your feelings you are over my opinion of the game, please.