The EZA Community Top 25 of 2008!

• Banned

@jdincinerator You could also wait for the portable remake they are doing of the entire VII story.

• 0_1628359481005_3296bc4e-87d1-48b0-b254-5eb863ed08e9-image.png
    #10.LOST ODYSSEY=13 Points
    #1:0
    #2: 1 (Axel)
    #3: 3 (PHBZ, Paulmci27, Sheria)
    #4:0
    #HM:0
    INFORMATION
    Release Date: February 8th 2008 (AU), February 12th 2008 (NA), February 29th 2008 (UK)
    Developer: Mistwalker Freeplus
    Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
    Genre: Role-playing, turn-based tactics
    Platform: Xbox 360

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Odyssey

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• Lost Odyssey is one of those games I hear has a sizeable fanbase, but isn't a game that really gets brought up much. After a few entries here in our countdown where I can speak to some familiarity, if not outright first hand experience, this is one much like the first few games to be revealed where I can't really comment further. Though, it MUST be solid to crack our top 10!

• @brannox I guess you feel lost talking about Lost Odyssey...

• Omg a game on my list!

I think this was the last traditional jrpgs I've loved and enjoyed and I don't even dare to replay it out of fear of ruining the memory, since I totally lost my patience for the genre.

• I wouldn't mind playing Lost Odyssey but given its name is so juicily appropriate I think it's more tempting than ever. Actually given the huge monotonous open-worlds these days there is a lost odyssey pertaining to huge open-world games with worthwhile activities and content in them-even if they are occasionally found in say Breath of the Wild.

• If you love traditional JRPGs this is up there with any of them. If this was released on a Sony Platform it would get so much more love. The reason I bought a 360. Masterpiece.

• @jdincinerator Ba-dum tiss.

• Banned

Lost Odyssey is a fucking banger. I hope one day they'll port it to PC.

• 0_1628448428324_91dc08c8-7654-44a8-8dae-10407ab847ef-image.png
    #9.VALKYRIA CHRONICLES=13 Points
    #1:2 (Neocweeny, Crepe)
    #2:0
    #3:1 (DemonPirate)
    #4:0
    #HM:0
    INFORMATION
    Release Date: October 1st 2008 (UK), November 4th 2008 (NA)
    Developer: SEGA
    Publisher: SEGA
    Genre: Tactical role-playing, third-person shooter
    Platform: PS3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyria_Chronicles_(video_game)

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• I only experienced Valkyria Chronicles II and Valkyria Chronicles IV-both of which are really good and refreshing tactical shooters. I wouldn't mind getting the remaster of this one to see how it all began even though games involving tactics aren't my think, that lovely watercolor look has always been inviting.

• And now the streak of games I can't on has returned. While Valkyria Chronicles has an interesting art style and especially intriguing premise, it's a genre I can't get into for the most part, so it's yet another franchise I steer clear of.

• @brannox I feel the same way this genre isn't something I'd play because I feel I'd be terrible at it, but I really think Valkyria Chronicles is still worth a go because its art style and gallantry is so absorbing.

• A series that has been quite underrated for a while until the release of IV.
    I also played through II last year and it adapted the formula to portable mode really well. Not as good of a story though.

• 0_1628524121344_7cf2eb5a-206f-4b4b-a84d-f2640b885ef0-image.png
    #8.LITTLEBIGPLANET=14 Points
    #1:
    #2:
    #3:3 (DIPSET, VicRattler, Capnbobamous)
    #4:
    #HM:4 (FFFF0, Crepe, DemonPirate, ED_ZED_EH_INTERN, James Davie)
    INFORMATION
    Release Date: October 27th 2008 (NA), November 3rd 2008 (PAL), November 5th 2008 (UK)
    Developer: Media Molecule
    Publisher: SONY Computer Entertainment
    Genre: Puzzle-platform, sandbox
    Platform: PS3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LittleBigPlanet_(2008_video_game)

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• I don't think there's any denying the ambition of LittleBigPlanet. A platformer that allows you to create your own levels, participate in deliciously quirky story levels whilst you listen to equally quirky music-it really set the bar high in 2008 and it accomplished what it set out to do in style. I admit it's hard to resist jingling merrily along to My Patch by Jim Noir, but that's because LBP is so jolly and whimsical. I don't think any game in 2008 was as jolly as LBP and it certainly deserves its place in the top 10.

• Banned

Yet another game that, if this year weasnt absolutely jam packed for me, would have made the list.
    Love LBP.

• 18 entries into the list and finally a game I can say something about.

LittleBigPlanet is my #5. Got it for free after PSN hack and I liked it. Campaign was extremely challenging, but I liked the vibes of this game, so I've struggled to reach the end. Also editor had some good ideas in terms of visual programming. Of course, this is one-and-done experience, but it still felt like a worthwhile one.

• Speaking as someone who no creativity within them whatsoever, I have no desire to ever pick up any LittleBigPlanet or any user-generated-content focused games. Minecraft, Dreams, and others are all turnoffs to me. While I would be more interested in playing the works of many of the creative geniuses out there, that isn't enough for me to pick up games that are catch-alls for creativity. Despite this though, it's undeniable LBP was a force the likes of which haven't seen since Battle Royales in spawning it's own genre. Got to respect it for that at least.

• I think part of the reason I like LBP so much is because of how well it stands regardless of its level creator. The campaign for the game is legitimately excellent with some wildly inventive level design. I think it's a shame how often it gets regarded as only a level editor and not a good platformer in its own right.