The EZA Community Top 25 of 2008!

• @JDINCINERATOR If there's not enough votes for a top 25, maybe just countdown the top 10 games of the year.

• Yeah I didn't have a problem with a smaller list last time we didn't have enough participants.

• @el-shmiablo said in The EZA Community Top 25 of 2008!:

I mean, the person who used to do this made it very clear that you just submit your list to troll.

oh look it's the guy who loves to bait me and put words in my mouth all the time.

yet again...

leave me alone and keep your wrong assumptions about me & my opinions to yourself.

• 0_1626861598919_yoshi.PNG

@Yoshi You were saying?...

• @axel fine keep assuming the worst of me and hating on me then.

after all you did make it pretty clear you want me permabanned. so whatever i say you're going to ignore anyway and continue cherrypicking to support your own argument. i guess

@axel said in Steam Deck:

Can't you just ignore each other?

again, can't you take some of your own advice and just ignore me yourself if you hate me that much?

• @phbz said in The EZA Community Top 25 of 2008!:

you don't need to pick 20 just 4 instead of the 2 you are willing to pick.

well if you put it like that, in no particular order i choose
    mario kart wii
    super smash bros brawl.
    Rhythm heaven
    No more heroes
    and burnout paradise off the top of my head.

• @axel You have the patience of a saint.

• @el-shmiablo This time we have to sing praises to @JDINCINERATOR

• @phbz Oh I'll sing his praises from the mountain tops. Dude is singlehandedly keeping these forums alive, real talk.

• Great news-we have the 25 votes we need for this to go ahead! Thank you all for voting and the countdown will proceed on Saturday the 24th of July-so get ready!

• 0_1627079036338_91cc2a35-5a38-4101-899a-e666665817a1-image.png
    #25.CASTLE CRASHERS=5 Points
    Votes
    #1: 0
    #2: 0
    #3: 0
    #4: 1 (Takfujii420)
    #HM: 3 (Axel, Neocweeny, MiserablePerson)
    INFORMATION
    Release Date:
    August 27th 2008 (Xbox 360),
    August 31st 2010 EU and November 3rd 2010 NA (Playstation 3)
    September 26th 2012 (Windows, Mac OS)
    September 9th 2015 (Xbox One)
    September 17th 2019 (Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4)
    Developer: The Behemoth
    Publisher: The Behemoth, Microsoft Game Studios (Xbox 360), SONY Computer Entertainment (PS3)
    Genre: Action role-playing, hack and slash.
    Platform(s):Xbox 360, PS3, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4
    LINKS
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Crashers

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• Sorry I said the 24th but everything was ready beforehand so yes the countdown has commenced!

• I remember Castle Crashers sort of solidified the legitimacy of downloading smaller video games to consoles. The vector art aesthetic didn't really do it for me cause I was winding down from internet Flash games around then, but I remember the GT forums and staff going on about it. I honestly should've played it.

• Nooooo! I totally missed that Castle Crashers came out in 2008. Would've certainly made my list.
    Sorry, I know it's annoying when this happens.

• I remember having an awesome time with it back in the day, it felt like a huge release especially because beat em ups were such a dead genre at the time.

I don't know how well it still holds up today though, I know I never felt like picking up the recent re-release, but maybe I should!

• Castle Crashers never really appealed to me, but the one thing I instantly think of whenever this game is brought up is how, for me, it was synonymous with the XBLA and how it was a place where smaller games and demos had a place to thrive. So while I'll never play it, I DO have a soft spot by association because of how cool XBLA was.

• 0_1627154246244_0cf63fe8-5877-44a7-ad71-e2fc3b156e87-image.png
    #24. WIPEOUT HD= 6 Points
    Votes
    #1: 0
    #2: 1 (El Shmiablo)
    #3: 0
    #4: 1 (DIPSET)
    #HM: 0
    INFORMATION
    Release Date: 25th November 2008
    Developer: Studio Liverpool
    Publisher: SONY Computer Entertainment
    Genre: Racing
    Platform: Playstation 3
    LINKS
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wipeout_HD
    Youtube Video

• Wipeout HD is one of my favourite games of all time. Just straight up, it's a classic and I don't know why Sony didn't double down and make an even higher budget version of it.

I played Wipeout on PS1 but not too much since I was young. I got really into downloadable games in 2008-2009 and I can safely say this was a defining game of the PS3 gen for me.

Youtube Video

• I wouldn't mind playing Castle Crashers. Seeing as it's on PS4 that's a good opportunity to see what it's all about. As for Wipeout HD, I've not been into Wipeout all that much but I did play 2048 on the Vita and that's a pretty good game. I suppose I'm worried about these super high-speed racers being a little too difficult to control but that's a personal concern.

• Wipeout HD was the first digital download game I bought, alongside Siren, on consoles.
    It was a fantastic game and one I spent a lot of time with, the trophy requirements however were rediculous.