-Dead Space
    -Lost Odyssey
    -Gears of War 2

HM:
    -Fallout 3
    -Lostwinds
    -Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
    -World of Goo

GTA 4 winning was kind of surprising, it's the kind of game that through the years I've seen people being general negative towards it. I absolutely love it, I love Niko and how he's place in this world. One of my favourite open worlds too.

Fallout 3, I really like but my experience with it was too buggy. Still an incredible game that would have made my top 4 if it wasn't me noticing last second that Lost Odyssey was electable.

Shout out to my other HMs. World of Goo is a fantastic game and I feel bad that I couldn't find an higher spot for it. Strong Bad from Telltale, it's one of my favourite comedies in gaming. Not a brilliant game but I had a lot of fun with it. Lostwinds I like motion control and this game uses them well. Maybe it was released ahead of its time, I think people would be more receptive to a 3h long adorable indie game with somewhat innovative gameplay nowadays than they did in 2008. I really liked it and would buy it again for the Switch.

• @phbz You really dug deep to find games I've never heard of lol. Well I've loosely heard of World of Goo and I think it's available on Swith, but Strong Bad and Lostwinds I'm not familiar with at all.

• #1: Grand Theft Auto IV
    #2: Fallout 3
    #3: Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
    #4: Dead Space
    HM: Mirror's Edge
    HM: Prince of Persia (2008)
    HM: Soulcalibur IV
    HM: WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2009

Not enough love for Pandemic's Mercenaries 2 to pop into Top 25, dear dear. I just adore that studio and their games.

• Was I the only one to vote for Yakuza 2?

• @sheria Yes I can confirm you were the only person to vote in Yakuza 2.

• I got a bunch of free Steam codes from a coworker and Strongbad’s Cool Game for Attractive People is one of them.

I grew up on Homestar Runner so I need to finally try it. @Phbz

• @jdincinerator said in The EZA Community Top 25 of 2008!:

@sheria Yes I can confirm you were the only person to vote in Yakuza 2.

I'm really surprised at that, I thought Yakuza was really popular here amoung the regulars.

• @sheria

I started on Yakuza 0. I was aware of the series due to IGN covering it, but I’ve never seen the PS2 games for sale anywhere in my life. Per Huber, they haven’t aged fantastically but I bet I would’ve loved them at the time.

• Sorry if this is too late but L&R to all who voted.

• I will put up the list of games that didn't make the top 25 and how many points they got in the next few days. Sorry about this delay.

• Since it's been a few days and the thread is effectively over, might I suggest a move to the Hall of Fame to keep it with the other GOTY countdowns we've done?

• I can reveal that 40 games DID NOT make the list, meaning that overall 65 games were voted on altogether. I will post the full list of the games that didn't make the top 25 by Monday.

• My list:

1:Valkyria Chronicles
    2:Persona 4
    3:Mega Man 9
    4:Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots
    HM. Gears of War 2
    HM. Tales of Vesperia
    HM. Castle Crashers
    HM. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I thought Persona 4 was going to land higher.

GTA IV was such a dissapointment for me. I did not know so many people liked it.

Crisis Core also nearly made my list. It's a good number 9.

• Here are the unfortunate games that were voted for that just missed out on making the top 25. Just to clarift, the reason why Castle Crashers made it to the top 25 because it was voted more times as an honourable mention than any of the games that got 5 points-all of those 5 pointers mentioned here were voted for by one person.
    Fatal Frame IV= 5 Points (1:Sheria)
    Kara No Shojo= 5 Points (1: ParasitePaladin)
    Animal Crossing: City Folk= 5 Points (1:Capnbobamous)
    Professor Layton and the Unwound Future= 4 Points (2:Takfujii420)
    Call of Duty: World At War= 4 Points (3:Kindiman, HM:Bam541)
    Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People= 4 Points (3:Takfujii420, HM:PHBZ)
    Motorstorm: Pacific Rift= 4 Points (3:Nimbat1003, HM:El Shmiablo)
    Street Fighter IV= 4 Points (3:ED_ZED_EH_INTERN, HM:El Shmiablo)
    Mercenaries 2: World in Flames= 4 Points (3:Sentinel Beach, HM:Nikhil Sharma)
    Devil May Cry 4= 4 Points (3:ParasitePaladin, HM:Demon Pirate)
    Echochrome= 3 Points (4:Bam541, HM:ffff0)
    Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia=3 Points (4:Sheria, HM:Axel)
    Prince of Persia= 3 Points (4:VicRattler, HM:Sentinel Beach,
    Spider-Man: Web of Shadows= 3 Points (3:Scotty)
    Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney= 3 Points (4:Axel, HM:Demon Pirate)
    Rock Band 2= 2 Points (HM:Shoulderguy, HM:DIPSET)
    Burnout Paradise= 2 Points (HM:El Shmiablo, HM:ParasitePaladin)
    Blazblue: Calamity Trigger= 2 Points (4:ParasitePaladin)
    Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3= 2 Points (HM:Axel, HM:ffff0)
    Patapon= 2 Points (4:Nikhil Sharma)
    Far Cry 2= 2 Points (HM:Bam541, HM:Nimbat1003)
    WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009= 1 Point (HM:Sentinel Beach)
    World of Goo= 1 Point (HM:PHBZ)
    Lostwinds= 1 Point (HM:PHBZ)
    Peggle Nights= 1 Point (HM: ED_ZED_EH_INTERN)
    Advance Wars: Days of Ruin= 1 Point (HM:Nikhil Sharma)
    Wario Land: Shake It!= 1 Point (HM:Takfujii420)
    Onechambara: Bikini Zombie Slayers= 1 Point (HM:Takfujii420)
    Boom Blox= 1 Point (HM:Takfujii420)
    Dino Run= 1 Point (HM:Takfujii420)
    Kirby Superstar Ultra= 1 Point (HM:ParasitePaladin)
    Corpse Party= 1 Point (HM:ParasitePaladin)
    Tom Clancy's Endwar= 1 Point (HM:MiserablePerson)
    Silent Hill: Homecoming= 1 Point (HM:Sheria)
    Yakuza 2= 1 Point (HM:Sheria)
    Pixeljunk: Monsters= 1 Point (HM:DIPSET)
    Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm= 1 Point (HM:DemonPirate)
    Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty= 1 Points (HM:Brannox)
    No More Heroes= 1 Point (Capnbobamous)
    Professor Layton and the Curious Village= 1 Point (HM:Axel)
    Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite= 1 Point (HM:El Shmiablo)

• Also you may notice there are some games that didn't come out in North America or PAL regions in 2008, but I decided to include them anyway because they came out in Japan in 2008 and I didn't make a rule stating they had to be released in North America and Europe in 2008.

• Pixel Junk Monsters is still an amazing game. You can play the sequel anywhere but I prefer the original on PS3.

Rock Band 2 and Motorstorm Pacific rift were also a great time back then.

• Nobody voted for GRID, PURE, Secret Agent Clank (though @Brannox did mention it in his shortlist of other HMs he had), Sonic Unleashed, Alone in the Dark, Wii Music, Facebreaker, TNA IMPACT: The Videogame, Vampire Rain: Altered Species and many more. Oh and not to mention my insatiable troll game for this countdown-Wii Music. Yes some of those I mentioned were really terrible but someone had to mention them.

• Man I fudged up the troll game bit I put into my Q&A question this month. They didn't seem to understand that Wii Music wasn't apart of the official list and was just a joke entry. I didn't explain it all as well as I should have.

• 1 Kara no Shōjo
    2 Soulcalibur IV
    3 Devil May Cry 4
    4 BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
    HM Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
    HM Kirby Super Star Ultra
    HM Burnout Paradise
    HM Corpse Party

WOOOOOOOOO