The EZA Community Top 25 of 2008!

• I remember Castle Crashers sort of solidified the legitimacy of downloading smaller video games to consoles. The vector art aesthetic didn't really do it for me cause I was winding down from internet Flash games around then, but I remember the GT forums and staff going on about it. I honestly should've played it.

• Nooooo! I totally missed that Castle Crashers came out in 2008. Would've certainly made my list.
    Sorry, I know it's annoying when this happens.

• I remember having an awesome time with it back in the day, it felt like a huge release especially because beat em ups were such a dead genre at the time.

I don't know how well it still holds up today though, I know I never felt like picking up the recent re-release, but maybe I should!

• Castle Crashers never really appealed to me, but the one thing I instantly think of whenever this game is brought up is how, for me, it was synonymous with the XBLA and how it was a place where smaller games and demos had a place to thrive. So while I'll never play it, I DO have a soft spot by association because of how cool XBLA was.

• 0_1627154246244_0cf63fe8-5877-44a7-ad71-e2fc3b156e87-image.png
    #24. WIPEOUT HD= 6 Points
    Votes
    #1: 0
    #2: 1 (El Shmiablo)
    #3: 0
    #4: 1 (DIPSET)
    #HM: 0
    INFORMATION
    Release Date: 25th November 2008
    Developer: Studio Liverpool
    Publisher: SONY Computer Entertainment
    Genre: Racing
    Platform: Playstation 3
    LINKS
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wipeout_HD
    Youtube Video

• Wipeout HD is one of my favourite games of all time. Just straight up, it's a classic and I don't know why Sony didn't double down and make an even higher budget version of it.

I played Wipeout on PS1 but not too much since I was young. I got really into downloadable games in 2008-2009 and I can safely say this was a defining game of the PS3 gen for me.

Youtube Video

• I wouldn't mind playing Castle Crashers. Seeing as it's on PS4 that's a good opportunity to see what it's all about. As for Wipeout HD, I've not been into Wipeout all that much but I did play 2048 on the Vita and that's a pretty good game. I suppose I'm worried about these super high-speed racers being a little too difficult to control but that's a personal concern.

• Wipeout HD was the first digital download game I bought, alongside Siren, on consoles.
    It was a fantastic game and one I spent a lot of time with, the trophy requirements however were rediculous.

• I only played WipEout HD through the Omega Collection remaster. It gets too hard for me at a certain point, it just goes so fast. Still, WipEout games are cool, I wish we get more of them. There's just not many big budget non-"realistic" racing games these days.

• I have practically no connection to the Wipeout franchise and its most memorable moment is not from a game, but OF a game as I remember it was part of a PSX keynote (I THINK the 2015 one, the one that started with Uncharted 4 and FF VII: Remake). Super fast racers aren't my thing, but more power to it.

• Banned

It's fuckin Wipeout. Nuff said.
    Right up there with F-Zero GX for me as one of the best racers of all time.
    Did I mention the soundtrack? I still listen to Noisia's MachineGun regularly.

• 0_1627241321935_ba4bd4d8-6a58-429c-88a3-0815333d3ce3-image.png

#23. SAINTS ROW 2=6 Points
    Votes
    #1: 0
    #2: 1 (JDINCINERATOR)
    3: 0
    4: 0
    HM: 2 (Nikhil Sharma, Nimbat1003)
    INFORMATION
    Release Date:October 14th 2008 (NA), October 16th 2008 (AU) October 17th 2008 (EU)
    Developer:Volition
    Publisher:THQ
    Genre: Action-Adventure
    Platforms: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC, Linux
    LINKS:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_Row_2

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• I love Saints Row 2 because it satiates my appetite for sheer lunacy, audacity and fun. Yes it doesn't boast anywhere near the high production values or insane depths of its contemporaries but I think it's more hilariously enjoyable than many GTA clones out there. There's a side-mission where you hose down neighborhoods with raw shit from a septic tank-what other game lets you do that?

• I remember trying out Saints Row 2 not long after finishing Saints Row The Third, which I enjoyed quite a bit at the time. SR2 had it charms but I think it's just not good enough in many aspects. I think the city is not that fun to explore, the story is nothing special and the gameplay itself is just mostly okay. There were some fun side activities though like JDINCINERATOR said.

• As per the old rules, Wipeout HD should have placed above Saints Row, because it got a #4 vote but Saints Row didn't.

• While initially, Saint's Row being a self-admitted blatant rip-off of GTA had me never hold interest in it, I do like the fact the series has morphed into the wacky and zany side of things (thus actually making it stand out as a unique thing). But as was often the case around this time in my life, while I was trying out most new (to me) stuff in a condensed period, open worlds I didn't really warm up to (and still haven't 100%) for almost another decade. Combine that with the fact this is a sequel, and Saint's Row 2 is another game on the stack I don't foresee myself ever trying.

• @axel I've decided to go by the number of votes rather than what position they scored. I put Saints Row 2 and #2 and there were 2HMs-meaning that it's the more popular game than Wipeout HD because that only got 2 votes at #2 and #4.

• I didn't bother with Castle Crashers as it seemed to be a multiplayer game. Saints Row 2 I really quite enjoyed though, I prefer it to the third and fourth game.

• I'm in the same boat regarding Castle Crashers I thought it was some online game but I guess I'll have to give it a chance.

Saints Row 2 is one of those games I played maybe 15 minutes and just uninstalled, gave my copy to a friend and have no plans of ever play a game in the series again.

Wipeout when the original came out I was hyped until I tried the demo and disliked the controls and how sluggish it felt. Sure there must be better versions but I just lost my interest. Still a game I can appreciate from afar, art direction and music are great.

• @phbz What made you detest SR2 that much?