Dumbest Characters

• @dipset Jeff never stood a chance against a Sigma Male like Nate.

• @bam541
    Hell didn't he also cause something in the PSP game that made shit worse once Killzone 2 rolled around?

• @dmcmaster did he? Man, I don't even want to find out, lol. Been a while since I played Liberation.

• I feel bad that the Allies got carried away with their conversation in the Q&A and essentially answered "worst" characters instead of dumbest ones @JDINCINERATOR

The question was clear, they just got distracted haha.

• @el-shmiablo said in Dumbest Characters:

Goes against everything we know about her at this point and changes her personality

How exactly?
    Samus never really had any dialogue in the previous games. Aside from maybe death screams.

How do you know what a silent characters personality is like?
    Other M gave her a personality if anything. Just not one that you and others probably expected. What exactly was she like before personality wise?

• Ethan Winters? Haven played 8 yet but there seems to be a general consensus around that.

• I think Ethan Winters is more of a simpleton than a dumbass.

• @yoshi I mean, having a mental breakdown complete with hysterical screaming after seeing an enemy she has canonically kicked the ass of 3 times at this point seems a little out of character in my opinion.

• @el-shmiablo I think you need to re-watch them cutscenes. Samus actually seen a mouse that's why she was screaming. I think its Canon that all women are afraid of mice so it makes perfect sense.

• @el-shmiablo yes i know what happened in the story and that you didn't like it. thanks for not answering my question as per the usual it is with you though.

• @yoshi Please grow up.

• The weird thing about Other M is that the game simultaneously made Samus look more wussy and more badass than she ever had before.

In the cutscenes and dialogue it was jarring to see a character that made us, the player, feel like an unstoppable force in past games have PTSD and act subservient to another person.

In the gameplay, I don't think we've ever seen Samus do something as badass as grab Ridley's head, spin around to face away from him and blast a fully charged shot directly into his mouth in one smooth, seamless movement.

• Ok. Still didn't have any dialogue before in Zero Mission, The Prime Games, Metroid 2 or Super Metroid (ok the opening of super metroid had dialogue of her recapping events but there was barely any text tbh), and thus still doesn't explain how her personality changed since she didn't actually have one before.

Only a perception of her personality that you decided to make up in your head for her to have.

• @kaminski Oh yeah man the ludonarrative dissonance in Other M was intense.

• @el-shmiablo Do you think Other M should be taken seriously I mean "Other" is in its title-so to me I don't think it's meant to be a straight-up proper Metroid game anyway.

• @jdincinerator It is the most seperate from the franchise in terms of it's design. More linear. More action packed. Eschews the general tone and atmosphere to tell a more character focused story, albeit a pretty terrible one.
    I like to think of it as a strange fever dream. It happened, and thankfully Nintendo actually paid attention and decided that wasn't a good direction for the franchise.

• Still better than Hunters...

• Said this once but Chole and Max from Life is Strange after trying to replay it last year and getting I think midway thru episode 2 I came to the realization that both Max and Chole are absolute idiots. And thier relationship with one another seems mostly one sided and abusive . Basically if Chole can't gain something from Max she throws a fit, like when you don't take the money for handicap students from the deans office.

• @dmcmaster So basically they were very realistic in their portrayal of teenagers.

• @el-shmiablo said in Dumbest Characters:

@jdincinerator It is the most seperate from the franchise in terms of it's design. More linear. More action packed. Eschews the general tone and atmosphere to tell a more character focused story, albeit a pretty terrible one.
    I like to think of it as a strange fever dream. It happened, and thankfully Nintendo actually paid attention and decided that wasn't a good direction for the franchise.

The erie atmosphere was very reminiscent of the other 2D Metroid games and the linear format is exactly lifted from Fusion. Even the setting was pretty much identical.

In a lot of ways it was like a 3D remake of fusion with more melee centric gameplay and an attempt at cinematic cutscene.