Gaming Collections

• Do you guys like to collect any gaming-related items (other than physical video games)? If so, what are they? Feel free to elaborate more on it! How many of them do you have, since when did you start collecting them, etc.

I've collecting video game OST CDs since last year. There's not much of it yet since most of the time I have to order them overseas, but I'm slowly getting more of them. I immediately burn the CDs to FLAC then save the files on my Walkman, so the CDs are safe and sound.

Recently I spotted many listings for used steelcases/steelbooks, which makes me start collecting them. I bought the Uncharted 4 one very recently, the next one I'm getting is the TLOU Part II case. I have a couple more from my PS3 days (Resistance 3, Uncharted 3 and The Darkness 2).

It's more of a decoration, but I've been wanting to fill my room with gaming-themed art prints. I only have a print of a Zelda fan art rn, I'm planning to get one for either Ico or Uncharted next.

• Not really, mainly focus on collecting games themselves. Though I do have some Cds, artbooks, steelcases, figures,... that came with collector's editions or as pre-order bonus. I keep them but I don't really seek them out.

• I collect the Yakuza games, although I am missing my PS2 copies of Yakuza 1 & 2 and I have no idea what happened to them, other then that I don't have the PSP games, and I completely forgot to order Judgment from Japan.

• I'm making my new apartment gaming themed by displaying several different First 4 figure statues, will be putting up some metroid and smash bros posters.

And about 5 or 6 years ago i bought a beanbag that's been kept in it's box sealed all this time till now when i have the space to display it. Got a beanbag from EB games that's actually in the shape of a Snorlax.

It's bloody good beanbag tbh. Glad i bought back then. Thanks young me.

• @yoshi that beanbag sounds cozy af.

• I have a few soundtracks (mostly Zelda), and 3 out the 4 Zelda reference books published by Dark Horse (Hyrule Historia, etc.) Also a bunch of posters from gaming mags/strategy guides. Only two amiibos - OOT Link and MM Link (planning to add Banjo-Kazooie).

That's about it. Unless I'm incredibly passionate about something, I prefer to put money into games rather than decorations.

EDIT: I also have a complete Pokémon TCG original Base Set in an official original binder, though that's a bit more tangential to gaming.

• When buying physical I always try to go for steelcases. And I have the Sekiro special edition with the statuette. I also have a Zelda botw art book. Not much else.

I also own a Switch that's increasingly becoming as useless as a collection item.

• @bam541 thanks it is :3
    0_1625397341702_Screenshot_20210704-211527_Gallery.jpg