PS5 Director's Cuts

• Sony recently announced the director's cut for Ghost of Tsushima, and Kojima recently revealed the director's cut of Death Stranding. With more director's cuts potentially on the way, which games do we most want to see receive a similar re-release treatment?

Which PS4 games would you like to see get PS5 director's cuts? And what content would you want it to have?

I'll start with one of my top picks:

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - It's already one of the best-looking games on PS4, and I would love to see it running on PS5 at 4K/60fps with Ray Tracing. It's gameplay is already great, just add a few quality of life improvements and DualSense controller support.
    And seeing as these director's cuts add more content to the base game. Maybe add one more adventure with Sam and Sully.

• Give it to Gravity Rush 2, I really want to see that series given another shot. The original devs are pretty much nonexistent rn, but a man can dream. Obviously technical upgrades such as 4K60 and raytracing modes are needed. I would love to see new stuff taking place right after the ending, ...

...where we get to play as Raven, and it's pretty much a send off for Kat, and leads into a sequel where Raven is the main character, while Kat is like a side character of sorts (I think the ending teased that she is still alive in some form). The new content would be about how Raven is setting in to her new role as the protector of the two cities, and it's a much more personal tale than the main story.

I will second your Uncharted 4 director's cut idea. I would love to see some new content where we play as Cassie. It's nothing violent, just fun exploration stuff. I would also want Sony to tie that in together with The Lost Legacy. Y'know, put them in one neat package.

I don't know if it needs new content, but Bloodborne certainly needs an technical upgrade. The frame pacing problems makes it a bit harder to get back into.

I don't know if there's anything else though, I feel like it's time to either make new games or remake/remaster older stuff. Maybe we could try a new collection of WipEout games: WipeOut Alpha Collection, which would be a remake of older WipEout games, since we got the PS3+Vita ones already.

• If there's one game that deserves a director's cut on PS5 it's Knack. Now we know that when Knack came out at the launch of the PS4, it was one of the best looking games ever made. Meticulous attention went into creating the relic-dabbled body of Knack and to see this upscaled with ray-tracing, it'll make the game look so pristine and perfect that it would break all PS5s that ran it.

• We still don't really know what Director's Cut implies yet.

I would argue the language "Director's Cut" means something along the lines of cut content or rearranged content. In the case of Ghost of Tsushima, I think the new chapter is what makes it a "Director's Cut" instead of a usual GOTY-Edition or Remaster. Still no idea what Death Stranding DC will be. My guess is a rearrangement of some sort plus an expansion.

--

If Director's Cut's become a trend where instead of making new DLC, the studio spends the next year adding onto the original game and re-releasing it at full price for newcomers, then an additional fee for pre-existing owners, I can get on board with that.

Everyone knows the Souls series has a lot of cut levels which then affected the story and all of that. It'll never happen for older games but if From Software ever needs to abandon a level or idea mid-development, I'd love for it to get completed in a Director's Cut for sure.

• Still waiting for the amiibos. I feel like we're just months away.

• I don't want any new cuts.

• @dipset Judging by Ghost of Tsushima, it is mostly just an expansion pack and a few extra features.
    Personally I think it is kinda dumb to advertise is like this, as it makes what it is very unclear what is being added or changed.

• Bloodborne, but nobody wants to say it, because we all know it isn't coming. Bloodborne though.

There's one more in this realm, but the situation with that one is even worse, so I won't even bother saying it.

• Xenogears-We need a real 2nd CD. Actually it could do with a remake the controls are a fucking nightmare. Imagine a remake on the PS5 it would probably cost 200 million and sell about 1 millions copies, probably bankrupt SE

Deus Ex Mankind Divided- All the cut content from the ending would be nice. Feels like we got 3/4 of a story & game.

• @mbun

Demon’s Souls Director’s Cut with missing archstone?

• @DIPSET

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

• @mbun Konami will give it to DontNod to turn into an episodic adventure game where Boss learns the true meaning of love while travaling through time with Ocelot.