Poorly Reviewed Games You Like

• @el-shmiablo There is a Switch version with 60fps and revamped combat, but no English dubbing. I got the physical copy of both versions. Reviews were between mixed and average, yet the game sold well on 3DS.

• Killer Is Dead
    • Onechanbara Z2: Chaos
    • Gun Grave
    • God Hand
    • Kill La Kill IF
    • Double Dragon IV
    • Street Fighter III
    • Street Fighter V - Note: Justifiable as Capcom tried to sale a $60 beta. I got the Champion Edition with all of the updates and most of the season passes.
    • Resident Evil 3 Remake

• Federation force
    Fragile dreams
    Kirby air ride

• @bigdude1 wait kirby air ride reviewed poorly?

i haven't played it myself but i thought it would have reviewed well? i constantly hear people say air ride is the best kirby game of all time?

• @yoshi it has a 61 on Metacritic.

I think most reviewers didn’t really get it after playing a hour or so.

• Banned

It's a 73 on Metacritic, but I love myself some Dante's Inferno. Nothing really more than a straight of God of War clone with a Christian mythology skin thrown on top, but the level design for some of the circles of hell were great, and the sound design was unmatched at the time. Seriously, sometimes I would just sit there and jam the projectile button to listen to the sound of the Holy Cross.

• @el-shmiablo I remember being so hyped for it pre-release because it was from freaking Visceral, but because of the middling reviews I never picked it up. Gotta hope for an unlikely remaster now.

• @axel your best bet is just buying a used copy. You have an Xbox One or series x? It will work fine on those. If you have à ps3, then you can get a used copy of that too. Otherwise you're just going to have to play on PC. A used or new copy won't run you high on Amazon.

• @el-shmiablo

Despite middling reviews, the game sold good. I was never interested in a game, because I already had Bayonetta on me and out of all the heaven and hell themed brawlers, it's still the best for me. Nothing against Dante's Inferno nor Darksiders, but I couldn't get invested in them. More so the latter.

• Banned

@brawlman There is no PC version.
    However, if you don't mind wearing an eye patch, it runs pretty well on RPCS3.

• @el-shmiablo

You are right. I completely forgot about that. I must have got it mixed up with Lords of Shadow.

• Speaking of Lords of Shadow, I effin' love Lords of Shadow. DIdn't hate the sequel either, although I seem to be in the minority on that one.

• Banned

@brawlman Ye Lords of Shadow is on PC. Also another poorly reviewed game I enjoyed. Felt more like earlier Castlevanias than newer Metroidvanias.
    Never played the sequel because I heard it was garbage even compared to the first.

• @el-shmiablo

It's another case of critical dissonance. The first game at least sold fine. The second game didn't sell as well, but you still got many defenders of the game. A lot of people just hate the forced and unnecessary stealth.