Nintendo Financial Results - as of 30 June 2021

• A new batch of Nintendo numbers for the first quarter, some revealing stats as usual:

Hardware sales
    Software sales
    Consolidated Financial Highlights
    Explanatory Material

• The Switch reached 89.04 million sales, that's +4.45 million for this quarter. Nothing crazy, and a lower figure than last year, which benefited from the Animal Crossing phenomenon. Still a very solid number, and with the Wii standing at 101.63 million, no doubt the Switch will beat it by the end of the year.
    • 632.4 million software lifetime sales, +45.29 in Q1. For reference, the Wii reached 921.88 million, so still a way to go there.
    • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is still number one at 37.08 million, with another 1.69 million in Q1. The most evergreen of evergreen titles. I don't see a Mario Kart 9 happening on Switch as long as this continues, they're way better off saving it as a launch title for the Switch 2.
    • I thought Animal Crossing: New Horizons would take the #1 spot eventually, but it "only" sold 1.26 million this quarter, so its momentum is now inferior to Mario Kart. It stands at 33.89 million total, wayyy above the rest of the pack.
    • Other notable ones are Super Mario Party at 15.72 million, which is huge for the series. Mario Party Superstars will probably do very well.
    • Ring Fit Adventure is now at 11.26 million, +1.15 million in Q1. Curious to see if a sequel is on the cards for this one now.
    • As far as new games are concerned, some solid performances for New Pokémon Snap (2.07 million, Japanese sales not included), Miitopia (1.04 million), and Mario Golf: Super Rush (1.34 million in only 5 days since it released on June 25th).
    • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury is now at 6.68 million which isn't crazy for a Mario game, but it's now sold more than on Wii U (5.87 million), so they'll still probably be happy with that.
    • Elsewhere they mention that the Pikmin app is scheduled to launch by the end of 2021 (a test version has been available where I live for a while so I tried it, it's really not great, don't hold your breath).

• @axel said in Nintendo Financial Results - as of 30 June 2021:

Mario Party Superstars

All games are good but, what we are expecting from Mario Party Superstars was not fulfilled by Nintendo.

• Man if Nintendo actually starts releasing high profile titles the sky is the limit! Incredible how well they are doing after the Wii U.

• 1.04 million copies for Miitopia! Nintendo can sell 1 million copies of anything at this point.

It's nice to see New Pokémon Snap doing well. Maybe I won't have to wait 22 more years for another sequel.

• @shoulderguy said:

1.04 million copies for Miitopia! Nintendo can sell 1 million copies of anything at this point.

Miitopia is deceptively legit. It is longer than you'd expect, funnier than you'd expect, and had some crazy robust enhancements for making the wildest Miis you could imagine. Not surprised at all it found success.

• @shoulderguy said in Nintendo Financial Results - as of 30 June 2021:

Nintendo can sell 1 million copies of anything at this point.

translation: "not something i would play so obviously it would be a bad game"

• @yoshi That is how opinions work.