Egoraptor

• Anybody got a favourite Egoraptor video from the Newgrounds website? I miss those Awesome animated videos he did that hilariously mocked certain videogames. I really love Awesome Reach, Metal Gear Awesome, Gears of Awesome, Resident Awesome 4 and so on:

Youtube Video

• Awesome Reach. I got tired of Arin, because his content got less interesting, and I did not like his Game Grumps playthroughs. He rarely does animations anymore aside from some music videos.

• @brawlman I thought GameGrumps was great right up until Jon left.

My best friend and I still constantly meme the old animations though, especially Halo Reach. Like whenever we get a new game we'll hop on voicechat and say "Are you ready.... for ... ______ REACH!?" and then just start screaming and moaning like idiots, which we are.

• Is Egoraptor the video series where a bunch of dudes go to a game store and imagine little parodies of each game?

If so, I used to watch that a lot when I was little. I must've been like 10 years old or younger.

I also remember that Awesome Reach video. That shit is was so accurate for like 50% of the people lining up at midnight for COD MW2 and Reach back when.

• I could talk about Egoraptor all day. My brother and I used to be obsessed with his Newgrounds-era / early-Youtube videos. I remember my aunt caught us watching Awesome Reach and she was beyond confused.

Around 2014, I got into Game Grumps. And had been really into it for a couple of years until I fell of because I felt like it got stale and boring (or I grew up, I don't know). Those Jon and early Dan playthroughs are gold though.

There's so much drama and controversy surrounding him and the people closely involved with his work, but I'll always have a lot of respect for the guy. He along with old-school Newground animators (OneyNG, PsychicPebbles, RubberNinja, Stamper, and all the SleepyCast crew) got me into drawing/animation.

Although I don't follow him anymore, I'll definitely try to catch anything he uploads to his main channel.

• @demonpirate said in Egoraptor:

Around 2014, I got into Game Grumps. And had been really into it for a couple of years until I fell of because I felt like it got stale and boring (or I grew up, I don't know).

Most likely the first option, but a bit of the second. His content got boring for me only after 4 months. What does not help is Arin got weird and contrarian opinion, and does not know what he's talking about when it comes to game design. That and he put out too many videos that cluttered my subscription feed.

• The Mega Man X video was the most memorable for me. Not that I watched many of his videos.

• Honestly I feel kinda disappointed. Loved the awesome videos, loved Sequelitis. Then nothing except game grumps which I somehow didn't learn about till like 2 years after Jon left, and Starbomb which I believe all the videos were outsourced to Studio Wata if I remember correctly. Just seems like he hit some sort of wall.

• @dmcmaster He hit the wall of realizing that he can make far more money just shitting around playing games with his friends than pouring hundreds of hours into a 3 minute animation.