EZA curates October games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?

• A thread for examining the new games of October! Share your personal picks, interesting curios, and not quite there possibles...

Did you discover some small game that not everyone knows about?
    Share that and let us know what it is about!

Already know a thing or two that interests you?
    Make a list of your interests and/or possibles!

Don't know what's so great about an upcoming game you keep hearing about?
    Ask here!

Don't follow gaming news that closely and just want to passively see what BigGames™ people care about?
    This is the place!

~

Thread concept:

The basic idea is to list new games that you are interested in, as well as games you are potentially curious about or want to give wider attention to. You can briefly describe them or ask other people to help fill you in. The hope is that regular threads like these can act as a collective filter/discovery mechanism to help people decide what is worth checking out.

"New games" means any new title that is being released or ported this month in any capacity (not "backlogs/what you are playing this month"). The angle here is sharing your anticipation and promoting game discovery (as opposed to sharing comments about a first playthrough in progress - that belongs elsewhere).

• If you want a handy list that covers most of the major upcoming games of the month, here's a couple text lists of upcoming games:

Feel free to post other lists or list videos of upcoming releases that you find useful.

• Final request: If you are the first person to mention a game please provide (at minimum) a short sentence description. (If it is a very big AAA release though, then don't worry about it.) This is a good convention that makes the thread more useful as a discovery mechanism, and especially helps out anyone who doesn't follow the news as closely as you.

• Honestly I'm only confident that I'm gonna get one new game this month, especially after BF2042 got delayed. And the game is Jett: The Far Shore, comes out October 5th. All of the trailers and showcases for this game has been excellent IMO. Wonderful music, strong story direction, beautiful UI and camera framings, and so on. I'm absolutely mesmerized everytime I see this game.
    Youtube Video

I'm also looking forward to Alan Wake Remastered, Nickelodeon All Star Brawl, Art of Rally (PS port), Metroid Dread, The Good Life, and Riders Republic, but it is unlikely that I'll get them day 1.

• October is usually one of the best months for big new releases but I'm not that hyped for anything. I'll probably only play Far Cry 6 (10/7) and Metroid: Dread (10/8), and maybe Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy (10/26).

• There's a ton I'm at least curious about, but of course for me the main event of the month (and of the year) is Metroid Dread.

Otherwise, I'll be picking up FIFA 22, but only a few months from now when it's at least 50% off. Haven't played FIFA since FIFA 19 so I got the itch, should look sweet on PS5.

Mario Party Superstars is a lock too, probably will get it with the discount vouchers alongside Metroid.

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania looks fun but might wait for a sale on that one too, I won't have time for it anytime soon.

Far Cry 6 and Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy are the other two I'm waiting for reviews on, but won't pick up at launch.

• alt text

I has one of my favourite director: Yoko Taro
    My favourite Composer: Keiichi Okabe
    My favourite artist: Kimihiko Fujisaka who did character design for both Drakengard 3 and Terra battle

And most importantly, I enjoyed the demo, what not to be hyped about.

• Hmmm, a lot of stuff is coming out this month that I thought was much later.

• Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl
      Surprised no one has mentioned this yet. Giving me SSBM vibes so I'm in. Also excited to see Kyle's bet play out lol.
    • Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania
      It's been a while since I've played a Monkey Ball game. Can't wait to be extremely frustrated!
    • Voice Of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars
      If it wasn't for the talent involved, I might not have batted an eye.
    • Mario Party Superstars
      Nintendo finally listening and doing what everyone wanted out of a MP game.

• Youtube Video

Honestly next week looks like insanity with 6 big games being released including Hell Let Loose, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania, Jett: The Far Shore, Alan Wake: Remastered, Far Cry 6 and Metroid: Dread. Looks like the busiest week in videogames this year- the entirety of November doesn't look like it has anything compared to what's releasing next week.

• @e_zed_eh_intern SMT5 is out in November.

• @jdincinerator said in EZA curates October games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?:

the entirety of November doesn't look like it has anything compared to what's releasing next week.

• @e_zed_eh_intern Ahh right but I meant in terms of bulk of quality releases.

• @jdincinerator Personally, the only October game I am looking forward to is Metroid Dread. Now, it's a 2D Metroid game so it makes October my most anticipated month by a mile but I'm not too big on any other games this month. Far Cry I will most likely enjoy but won't buy until it's on a deep discount.

• I'm not trapped in here with you. You're trapped in here with me.
    Youtube Video

• It may have a lot of games but it's actually one of the weakest months in terms of what picks my interest. None of the games make me feel "I need to see this". Just to follow tradition, I would try these if I feel like it:

GotG(just because my friend already bought it and I can play it for free)
    FC6(only reason is Giancarlo Esposito, I'm really tired of open world games otherwise)
    Alan Wake Remastered(I already have the og from Epic Games Store but if it's improved enough I can give this a chance)

Metroid Dread(It's ugly to look at but mechanics looks fun and fast)

I don't have much hope from years' last two month either if Im not forgetting something important.

• @mbun

Solar Ash is this month? Let's see how it will do on reviews.