Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack

• I'm surprised they're doing two of the hardest games to emulate first - Paper Mario and Majora's Mask. It may be because they need to do single-player games first to give them time to add online play to multiplayer games like F-Zero X, 1080 Snowboarding, Wave Race 64, and Super Smash Bros.

...I just hope MM isn't TOO broken at launch. -_-

• Majoras Mask comes out next week on the 25th
    Youtube Video

• This one's and OoT's remake and we are good to go. Remastereds of Wind Waker&Twilight Princess wouldn't hurt too. Then I would have all the Zelda games I wanted to experience on Switch.

• @scotty Personally, people put the idea of them redoing the Oracle games in the style of the Link's Awakening Remake in my head, and now that's all I want. (besides BotW 2)

• @mbun

The more the merrier.

• Looks like they fixed it, just in time for Majoras Mask

• @yoshi said in Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack:

Majoras Mask comes out next week on the 25th
    Youtube Video

Why isn't it the updated 3DS version?

• @sheria because Nintendo Switch online expansion pass includes Nintendo 64 games. not 3DS games.

• @yoshi said in Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack:

@sheria because Nintendo Switch online expansion pass includes Nintendo 64 games. not 3DS games.

Sorry, don't know a lot about it. I just thought if they were going to port that game at all, the 3DS would be the way to go.

• @sheria at the moment Nintendo Switch Online only provides access to NES and SNES games with the Expansion pass also providing access to N64 and Sega Genesis games along with Switch DLC of Animal Crossing and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC.

more Switch DLC passes and more retro consoles could be added in the future. but for now, N64 and Sega Genesis games are the most recent systems Switch online has added.

• Still find Genesis games as a odd edition, especially since everything offered is available thru that Sega Genesis collection that's on everything (and frequently goes on sale on the eshop for like $8)

That said I see Nintendo adding more DLC as a bonus to the expansion pack, the only real questions is what will they add, and will older DLC be included such Fire Emblem Warrior's or Breath of the Wild season pass for example.

• @dmcmaster said in Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack:

Still find Genesis games as a odd edition

agreed Genesis addition is weird instead of stuff like Game Boy games but i guess adding stuff like Sega Genesis and Banjo Kazooie means Nintendo can get 3rd Party content to their online subscription to entice users while in return they just have to pay companies like Sega and Microsoft a portion of the online profits

• @sheria said:

Why isn't it the updated 3DS version?

Because that version sucks compared to the original. There, I said it. It is so unliked that people made a fan mod that takes the only thing it does well and added that back to the original without all the other awful changes.

Btw, they patched the N64 emulation so is more accurately displays stuff like fog and fixed some of the worst bugs like the Paper Mario crash that could result in lost progress. There's still some oddities here and there that I'm not sure how they'll fix and if they even really can, but most of the games are in really good shape now as far as emulation goes.

• Any reports on MM input lag? OOT can kinda get away with it, but it could kill Goron rolling/Zora swimming.

• @oscillator
    None so far but I remember the last patch in January reduced input lag a bit

• @dmcmaster said in Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack:

@oscillator
    None so far but I remember the last patch in January reduced input lag a bit

Been watching a stream of MM NSO, input lag appears to be baaaaad. -_-

• @oscillator said:

Any reports on MM input lag? OOT can kinda get away with it

People actually tested that, and there never was OOT input lag. It was a placebo that people believed and spread. It had other problems, but those have been addressed with the latest patch. Some games did have minor input lag including Mario 64, but at launch it was less than the other Virtual Console versions of it previously had, and I believe they've improved it in previous patches. Honestly, I tried it at launch, and it was so little I couldn't even feel it, but maybe that's me getting used to the Virtual Console versions that had a bunch more of it previously.

Edit: Not sure if it has been tested yet, but I could see any claims of MM lag the same. People just aren't used to how the N64 originals play anymore.

• @mbun
    I can believe the placebo effect. Like I didn't realize how rough the framerate was in Shadow of the Colossus on PS2 was till after playing the PS3 remaster where it had a steady 30fps.

• @dmcmaster What's super weird to me, and I don't have a new N64 Controller to test with it, but Mario Kart 64 feels so much splashier than I remember on Expansion Pack. I played that game a ton as a kid, and I'm not sure if ones since have just rewritten how it should feel for me, but it feels really off, at least on a Pro Controller. Need the N64 Controller to make sure it isn't just that if they ever sell more.