Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2007

• We have some time between now and GOTY 2021. So let's continue our march through past GOTY's, this time with the year 2007.

We're using the same rules as before:

Votes are secret!! Don't post them here and instead send me your list via the chat function / private message of the forum.

You may select up to 8 games, a ranked Top 4 and up to 4 honorable mentions. They will be scored as follows:

#1: 5 points
    #2: 4 points
    #3: 3 points
    #4: 2 points
    Honorable mentions: 1 point each

Honorable mentions are optional, but you must at least have a Top 4.

Games are eligible only if they were released in the West (US and/or Europe) for the first time in 2007, with the following caveats:

• "Straight" ports to new platforms in 2007 (such as Resident Evil 4 on PC and The Warriors on PSP) are not eligible.
    • "Enhanced" ports, with some new content/features, (like The Orange Box) are also not eligible.
    • DLCs and expansions (like World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade) are not eligible.
    • Games in beta / early access are not eligible.
    • Stand-alones (such as Half-Life 2: Episode Two and Portal) are eligible.
    • Full remakes are eligible.
    • Rules Eligibility Clarification: The Orange Box is not eligible but you can vote for Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Portal and Team Fortress 2.

The votes will close in three weeks (November 8th), so make sure to look over the list of eligible games carefully and send me those votes. Thank you!

• Suggested List of Eligable Games:

January

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Justice for All, NCAA March Madness 07, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Inuyasha: Secret of the Divine Jewel, The Legend of Heroes III: Song of the Ocean, Rogue Galaxy, Battlestations: Midway, Europa Universalis III, Rocky Balboa

February

Lunar Knights, MVP 07: NCAA Baseball, Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure, Chulip, Ghost Rider, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner, NBA Street Homecourt, Maelstrom: The Battle for Earth Begins, Supreme Commander, Crackdown, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Virtua Fighter 5, Peggle, Bullet Witch, SSX Blur, Infernal, MLB 07: The Show

March

Wario: Master of Disguise, Burnout Dominator, Def Jam: Icon, MotorStorm, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, Call of Duty: Roads to Victory, God of War II, Spectrobes, Custom Robo Arena, Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific, Armored Core 4, Cooking Mama: Cook Off, After Burner: Black Falcon, Earth Defense Force 2017, Lost in Blue 2, UEFA Champions League 2006–2007, Virtua Tennis 3, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, Medal of Honor: Vanguard, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, Penumbra: Overture, Mario Strikers Charged

April

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales, Super Paper Mario, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, The Lord of the Rings Online, Heatseeker

May

Driver 76, Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon, Etrian Odyssey, Odin Sphere, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Dawn of Mana, Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm, Crush, Forza Motorsport 2, Mario Party 8, Shadowrun, Raw Danger!, Two Worlds

June

Planet Puzzle League, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, Dream Chronicles, Tenchu Z, Time Ace, PQ2: Practical Intelligence Quotient 2, Colin McRae: Dirt, Dungeon Maker: Hunting Ground, SimCity DS, Transformers Autobots, Transformers Decepticons, Hour of Victory, Pokémon Battle Revolution, The Darkness, Overlord, GrimGrimoire, Carcassonne, Super Stardust HD, Vampire Rain, Project Sylpheed, Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day!

July

Smash Court Tennis 3, NCAA Football 08, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, NASCAR 08, Dynasty Warriors DS: Fighter's Battle, Mario Strikers Charged

August

Mega Man Star Force, Heroes of Mana, Madden NFL 08, Luminous Arc, Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon, Persona 3, Sam & Max Save the World, BioShock, Dragoneer's Aria, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Blue Dragon, Dead Head Fred, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, Warhawk, Wild Arms 5, Monster Hunter Freedom 2, Lair, Stuntman: Ignition

September

Medal of Honor: Airborne, Stranglehold, DK Jungle Climber, Drawn to Life, Fatal Inertia, NHL 08, Heavenly Sword, PixelJunk Racers, Skate, Eternal Sonata, Coded Arms: Contagion, Digimon World Dawn and Dusk, Sonic Rush Adventure, World in Conflict, MySims, Warriors Orochi, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Jackass: The Game, Halo 3, The Settlers: Rise of an Empire, Soul Nomad & the World Eaters, FIFA 08, Sega Rally Revo, Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights

October

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Chibi-Robo!: Park Patrol, Project Gotham Racing 4, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow, The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night, Crash of the Titans, Folklore, Bleach: The Blade of Fate, Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron, Touch Detective 2 ½, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Portal, Team Fortress 2, Yaris, Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, Beautiful Katamari, Clive Barker's Jericho, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, Spider-Man 3, The Sims 2: Castaway, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Trials and Tribulations, Power Rangers: Super Legends, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis, Mega Man ZX Advent, Hellgate: London, The Eye of Judgment, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, Battalion Wars 2, The Simpsons Game, Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, Manhunt 2, The Witcher, TimeShift, Viva Piñata: Party Animals, NBA Live 08, Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

November

Tabula Rasa, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, Ontamarama, Silent Hill: Origins, SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Tactical Strike, Empire Earth III, Super Mario Galaxy, Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Contra 4, Sonic Rivals 2, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008, Need for Speed: ProStreet, Soldier of Fortune: Payback, Crysis, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, SimCity Societies, Assassin's Creed, Link's Crossbow Training, Mario Party DS, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Unreal Tournament 3, Mass Effect, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Godzilla: Unleashed, Rock Band, Soulcalibur Legends, Star Trek: Conquest, Trauma Center: New Blood, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, Endless Ocean, Tekken 6, America's Army: True Soldiers

December

NCAA March Madness 08, Draglade, Nights: Journey of Dreams, Universe at War: Earth Assault

Gametrailers GOTY 2007:

Youtube Video

• I have a question I want to pose to everyone before I officially send my list. Said list is set, however, one of the games I have in the Honorable Mention area is a game I've only seen in its entirety, and I have not personally played it. I really enjoyed what I saw and want to give it a vote for being a great game, but I defer to everyone here: Is it acceptable for everybody for me to give a vote to a game if I haven't played it, even though I've seen it all, or should my votes be strictly be ONLY games I've personally played?

A few quick things to establish:

1.) This is also future-proofing for lists I have when we get to the outset and close of the respective millennia
    2.) The game I want to give a vote is going to place quite high regardless if I give it an additional point.
    3.) I can easily move the rest of my list up a spot if the majority feels I shouldn't.

Let me know if this isn't something you're comfortable with and I'll send my list off as soon as I feel I've got enough of a consensus/majority one way or another.

• @brannox Vote for any games you want. As long as those games are eligible.

• @brannox I have no problem with that either, it's entirely up to you :)

@Shoulderguy Thanks for starting this!

• Wow there were TWO Phoenix Wright games released in the same year?? That's gonna be painful :(

• The Orange Box is one game correct? Personally, I think that’s the way it should be considering you couldn’t buy each game within it individually in 2007 as far as I understood. At least on consoles.

• @dipset said in Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2007:

The Orange Box is one game correct? Personally, I think that’s the way it should be considering you couldn’t buy each game within it individually in 2007 as far as I understood. At least on consoles.

Each game was available individually at launch on Steam, but only in The Orange Box on consoles (sez Wikipedia).

• 2007 was a pretty weak year for me, but I was just able to scrape together four. :)

• 2007's a decent year for PSP, which will probably be my main source of games for this vote. I actually have like 2-3 PSP games that I've been wanting to finish from this year so I want to to try those out before voting. Anyway, shoutout to Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron, a very respectable and impressive attempt of making a portable Battlefront game, and The Sims 2: Castaway, an interesting and fun take on the Sims formula. Also shoutout to the ineligible PSP port of Test Drive Unlimited, a very impressive PSP port of an ambitious open world racing game.

• Also, is the Dracula X remake for the PSP eligible for voting?

• @bam541 According to the Wikipedia page it's a remake. So I'll add it to the list of eligible games.

• It's a tricky one, but I don't think The Orange Box should count as a single game, it's a compilation, with full games that came out prior to 2007, DLCs, etc. of very different genres.

Portal and Team Fortress 2 both deserve to be considered individually, especially since some people may have played them outside of The Orange Box, so the votes could end up being split if we allow The Orange Box to be eligible.

• I've sent my votes. As usual, initially I had doubts I'll get enough games to vote for, then I've reached Q4's list. Why most good games need to be released almost simultaneously?

• @axel

I feel pretty strongly about The Orange Box being one game. I mean, that just what it was. You’d go online and your friend would invite you to play The Orange Box, not TF2. Under your online name it would say The Orange Box.

I feel like it throws a whole wrench in the voting when there are 3 brand new games in there alone that were sold and reviewed as one game at the time.

• @shoulderguy said in Vote for the EZA Community GOTY 2007:

Gametrailers GOTY 2007

Were any of the allies we know now working at GT at that time? Or was it just Jones? Maybe Bloodworth?

• What do we think about this one? It's basically the two previous games combined, but is it eligible? Edit. @Shoulderguy
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Star_Wars:_The_Complete_Saga

• Votes sent and honestly, of all the years we've focused on that ISN'T the year of, this is the one I've been looking forward to the most. I've played 16 games from that year, the most from any single year overall, so I'm confident I can be a part of the conversation more thoroughly than normal. Plus, it's 2007. That year had so many EXCELLENT games. I am so excited.

• It's a shame I still haven't played the original Mass Effect. This year even handed it to me in a nice, new package, but I've still had no time for that. (Or the whole trilogy. I've played 2 and 3 before.)

When it comes to the Orange Box I'd say it's a collection and thus not eligible. For what it's worth.

• @axel I think the games came out at the same day as the Orange Box, or not? Maybe I don't remember this good.

Either way it makes making the list more difficult. They are all 3 excellent games.