Favorite Comedians

• Who are some of your favourite stand-up comedians? I've got a few American and a few British ones including George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Robin Williams, Lee Evans, Jimmy Carr, Ricky Gervais and Jack Dee. Any clips you want to share leave them below.

• Kevin Bridges is probably the one who makes me laugh the most these days.

Dave Chappelle and Jim Jeffries had really good first specials but have yet to hit those heights again for me.

Billy Connolly I always loved when I was you get but haven’t watched in years.

Jim Gaffigan’s Hot Pockets bit was a big hit with me.

• I think Norm Macdonald is one of my all time favourite traditional comedians and I also like a lot of the company he keeps like Artie Lange (mainly his Stern run). I've seen Gilbert Gotfried live and he fucking kills me.

I think I gravitate to this sort of gonzo comedy that stems from the late-90s / early-2000s DVD era where people could self release material. Not traditional comedy in the sense of joke timing and delivery, but more about being performative or mixing comedy with other artforms.

Such as Bam Margera and Brandon DiCamillo from the CKY videos (where comedy meets pranks, meets sports, meets skits, meets action). Or the Jackass approach with Spike Jonze and Jeff Tremaine creating this overall video magazine aesthetic.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Probably the #1 influence on my warped sense of humour is Kenny Hotz from Kenny vs Spenny. I've belly laughed over and over and over throughout the years at his ridiculous characters or the depraved things he's done to humiliate Spenny (and basically humiliate himself in the process).

Kenny vs Spenny - Season 5 - Episode 6 - Who's the Best Pro Wrestler
    Youtube Video

Trolling the Elections with Canadian Kenny Hotz
    Youtube Video

And to top it all off, I gotta go with Tom Green and Andy Milonakis. They are the pinnacle of unstructured irreverent humour of our times.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• @dipset +1 for Norm MacDonald

• Yip Norm McDonald is the correct answer.

• @E_Zed_Eh_Intern @paulmci27

For The Chance
    Youtube Video

I fucking died when this episode aired. Glad some people have the clips saved. When Netflix did the show with Norm, they bought the rights to his YouTube show but they just took it down instead of re-uploading it under their banner. So all the episodes are gone, but it was pure fucking gold. The saga with the BBQ sponsor was tooooooo funny.

Norm Macdonald Loses His Sponsors
    Youtube Video

• @dipset Somebody put all the episodes on Archive.org. Can't say it'll be there forever but at least it has a home for now.

https://archive.org/details/Norm_Macdonald_Live