Selective Creation: Create a Worthy Ubisoft List!

• Well! The Playstation One version was a bigger success than the N64 and I've been having such fun with these lists. Now I'm going to shake it up a little bit. Don't worry, consoles will make a return, but in an effort to keep it fresh, I thought a nice idea would be a list of games from a publisher as opposed to a system. With that being said, here are the rules for newcomers with some tweaks that returning players will notice:

Here's the breakdown: You are the head of Ubisoft and you've been given the power to green-light 20 games before Vivendi ultimately takes control, but here's the catch: these 20 games will be the ONLY games that the company will ever have. What should be the games that make the cut? By giving 20 instead of 25 select titles (Thus the name of this new game. If you don't like it, please change it. I'm not good at naming things), you are essentially playing an inverse of Kill Your Babies. This cut down is done in an effort to make it more exclusive and more speedy to play.

Here are the rules. You can only give ONE title per game (In Kill Your Babies!, you can give one for every five people that have added after you), so think really hard about which game should be on the list because once you add, you can't play again until the list is complete. It could be your favorite game from Ubisoft, or if your favorite is already present, then you can another you hold dear. If you hate Ubisoft games, then get to trolling if that makes you happy.

Also, to keep things a bit diverse, I'm instituting a THREE per franchise cap, so if three games of a particular franchise are on the list, a fourth CAN NOT be added. This is done with the realization that Ubisoft is a publisher and doesn't have THAT diverse of a catalouge like an entire system does. Finally, if there is any disagreement about what is on this list, please address AFTER the list has been compiled, and IF you have made a compelling enough case that is accepted by MOST who have played, MAYBE what was originally left off might still have a chance to make it. If so, the community will then kick off the ONE game they feel as not deserving on being present. Again, give serious consideration about what game to put on with a compelling reason to avoid it being removed. Don't just say it sucks, or you don't like it. Explain why.

Once you have given a game, please keep a running list going for the benefit of the next person that would like to play. Because I'm pitching the game, I will refrain from adding a game because it would be unfair for me to skew the list in my favor.

Now with all of that out of the way, what will be the 20 Ubisoft games that deserve existence?

• Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

This could actually very well be my THE game of all time. I simply love it. It's so concise and it tells a wonderful story between the Prince and Farah. I love the climbing, I love the fighting. That feeling when you finally thrust that dagger into the back of an enemy after vaulting over it and hear, see and feel it sucking a new sand slot full for you. Marvelous. And all those little things like the Prince losing his shirt bit by bit. And the music! "The Tower of Dawn", just wow.

• (Other names that I hope make the list: )

• Assassin's Creed II
    • The original Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (AND/OR Chaos Theory!)
    • Valiant Hearts: The Great War
    • South Park: The Stick of Truth

• With over 24 hours and only 1 addition, I'll make an add, but if there are no other additions in the next 24 hours, then this will be closed down and I'll have to craft a Kill Your Babies entirely made from my selections. I guess not every thread can be successful! With that being said:

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

My addition is not for it being an Assassin's Creed, but for it being the best Pirate experience in gaming to date. Maybe the upcoming Sea of Thieves will change that, but until then, AC 4 takes that cake.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Perhaps the greatest stealth game of all time. Nothing has come close as a pure stealth experience since... even within the same franchise.

(Sands of Time would have been my first pick by the way. Such an incredible game.)

• I think perhaps this version would work better if you were suggesting future games for Ubisoft to make. (Similar to that game on this week's podcast) I don't think necessarily that a lot of people know enough Ubisoft games, and they aren't exactly the most loved from what I understand.

• @Inustar

Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood, Black Flag, Splinter Cell, Chaos Thoery, Double Agent, Beyond Good & Evil, Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, Child of Light, Driver: Parallel Lines, San Francisco, Far Cry, Far Cry 3, Grow Home, Just Dance, Outland, Sands of Time, Warrior Within, The Two Thrones, Rayman, Legends, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Trials, Valiant Hearts, Watch Dogs, XIII, World in Conflict

I think there's plenty of games to choose from when you include up to three games from each franchise. I'm sure there's some stuff I didn't mention here that someone will remember too.

• Beyond Good & Evil

• @Light This was my rationale upping the limit by one, but as you've kindly done, there are many franchises under the Ubisoft umbrella (Funnily enough, you didn't include some entries and did so for others ;-) ).

@Inustar By going with a publisher, that was a principle fear, if people did not know what Ubisoft has put out. Which is why increasing the cap to three, franchises like Assassin's Creed, anything in the Tom Clancy license and Rayman, just to a name a few, have MANY titles in their series. Thank you very much for the feedback! I just wanted to change it up to keep it fresh, but your critique allows me to adjust for the future. I really appreciate the feedback!

So to update the list, with 16 spots left:

Beyond Good & Evil

There still a lot of great games that still need to be selected, so hopefully let's keep this thread growing!

• @Light They do have quite a few series, including a bunch I didn't know!

I would have had to look up what they did though to take part here.

But I will put a vote in here for South Park Stick of Truth. It's not necessarily a perfect RPG, but it is a near perfect South Park game for fans.

Beyond Good & Evil
    From Dust — Neat little god game. Pretty, not much of a story though.

• I'm adding Rayman Legends. Hands down one of the best 2D platformers ever made. I was positive we'd get another one this year, so when it wasn't shown at E3 I was gutted :(

Beyond Good & Evil
    From Dust
    Rayman Legends

Beyond Good & Evil
    From Dust
    Rayman Legends
    Prince of Persia: Warrior Within:

While not as groundbreaking as The Sands of time, I preferred the darker tone and the combat is by far superior. The story is also thrilling.

• So, I guess Inustar's South Park should also be on the list, on the fifth spot? So that there are now eight games named here?

Beyond Good & Evil
    From Dust
    Rayman Legends
    Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Brotherhood is, in my opinion, the best Assassin's Creed game. First one had issues, AC2 improved on so much, and Brotherhood upped what was achieved with AC2. Then Revelations came along and fucked it up.
    AC3 was mediocre, I missed the cool architecture from Ezio's time and fuck the beginning where you play as the kid.
    Black Flag was a good game, but it should've just been called "Black Flag" and not have the Assassin's creed name. It could've been it's own franchise.

• @Inustar So did you nominate Stick of Truth? Maybe you could make an actual post here with that game on the list?

• @Sentinel-Beach Its alright, I'll update it being this thread's curator. But this is why I wanted to keep a running list, just in case stuff like this happened.

Beyond Good & Evil
    South Park: The Stick of Truth
    From Dust
    Rayman Legends

Beyond Good & Evil
    From Dust
    Rayman Legends
    Outland

• @Sentinel-Beach Sorry! I don't know why I didn't do the normal list plus addition.

@Brannox Thanks for fixing my mistake!

• Well, 24 hours have passed since the last addition so if you added a game, you may add another, as I will here. The list is half done, so maybe a quick flurry will get it built.

Beyond Good & Evil
    From Dust
    Rayman Legends
    Outland
    Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

My addition of GRAW stems from several reasons: 1.) A Ghost Recon should be represented 2.) GRAW is a solid game, if not one of the best in the series and 3.) While I never owned the game, my father does (he's big into tactical military games) and the first GRAW gripped me when I played it. I enjoyed it more than its sequel and I feel that the story, while a little meh in some places, is solid overall.

@Inustar ;-) Got ya covered, no worries.